Popular Book Co. (M) Sdn Bhd
View all Popular Book Co. (M) Sdn Bhd reviews

Popular Book Co. (M) Sdn Bhd

Popular Book Co. (M) Sdn Bhd Employee Review

part timer (Stationary) come from Agent (3 months)

I sign up from the Agency that helps me find a job so there find for me at Popular bookstore which is nearby and so on, overall I didn't like the workplace full of toxic.Nonlocal characters are the problem I disliked and also have been treating me badly as a new part-timer, furthermore on this is that there like to say a comment on me and judge me this way even now there are not nice people.Local is best to talk to and easy to work with and how much I have learned from as compared to nonlocal for treating me over for the past 3 months and also including the environment that is fast pace and stressful to work as retail assistance and serving customer is a lot hard to understand and answer their questions

Pros

good local company are the best to talk and learn

Cons

messy management, lack of manpower and also talking bad among the staff

Good and fun workplace

Worked in Singapore popular around 2 years, expect for some roadshow/promotions, overall it is a very okay workplace. Nice colleagues and manager. They are very nice.

Productive and simple workplace

The job scope is simple: attend to customers and replenish stock when necessary. Workplace culture is normal. The management is not too strict and is understanding.

Interesting Experience

A typical day at work was when I came in the morning for a briefing on new promotions of the selected items in the store. After that, I would proceed to my desk to start on keying in invoices and credit notes into the system. On Fridays, I would usually run a report of the overall invoices and credit notes that I have taken into account. During my time in Popular Bookstore, I realized that the workers played politics and incompetent. Why I said so was because of conflicts between co-workers and I was the middle man and there was one HOD staff was not doing her job. She pushed all the work to the retail associate under her. I found that was wrong of her to that because the other HOD staffs still did their part even though they had that title to their name. I think the hardest part of the job was that I had to finish up a 4-month worth of paperwork, that was left behind by the Admin due to her circumstances, in a short period of time. Every day I would get stressed because everyone was pressurizing me. However, I did enjoy my time at Popular Bookstore because of the close co-workers that I had, that would bring a smile to my face.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Popular Book Co. (M) Sdn Bhd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Popular Book Co. (M) Sdn Bhd
  • part timer (Stationary) come from Agent (3 months)
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?