Popular Book Co. (M) Sdn Bhd
View all Popular Book Co. (M) Sdn Bhd reviews

Popular Book Co. (M) Sdn Bhd

Popular Book Co. (M) Sdn Bhd Employee Review

Okay to work with friends and with those near your age

I worked after my O Levels at Popular as a cashier and there were several other part-timers who were working there, same-aged as me thus it made the work more fun and interesting. Management itself had issues imo, and several non-local full-timers were really rude to us and would gossip about part-timers in dialect but they didn't know that some of us could understand what they were saying. Very exclusive environment, unless you have friends applying and working there with you. They'll help to at least add fun to the very mundane and repetitive work environment. Several local full-timers were very nice to us too.

Tiring with minimum benefits

As it was a part-time contract job found from a certain recruitment agency, the pay was relatively low and staff benefits were often kept to a minimum or no benefits at all. Working hours were long and constantly standing.

Cons

work place

It's a place for people that is willing to work long hours like 12 hours straight with only 2 break time 1 hour each. It's a good experience as a cashier but it was tough as the working hour is long

Pros

discount

Cons

12 hours

Fun Workplace

- I have learn a lot of new thing there, meeting a bunch of good colleagues and having good store manager. - The hardest part of the job is to meet weird customer but from there, I have learn how to handle different customers. - The most enjoyable part is we can work and have fun together at the same time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Popular Book Co. (M) Sdn Bhd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Popular Book Co. (M) Sdn Bhd
  • Okay to work with friends and with those near your age