Horrible place for experienced candidates and millenials
SNO (Former Employee) - Buona Vista - March 17, 2018
- Good systems and processes.
- Good multi-function team.
- Decent training opportunities.
- HR is useless.
- Management doesn't understand experienced candidates and is unable to leverage their unique skill sets.
- when pushed they will use the bell curve when cost cutting from top down and tell you your performance sucks and shove you out without any compensation. They do this periodically across functions.
- All brands are performing poorly vs. competition.
- Top management are busy sucking up and not offering enough project advice to multi function team.
- In grown and inbred culture without flexibility in culture that needs to be ready for the outside shock/competition.
- Funny thing is the office in Buona Vista has more people from Adecco (a company that hires contractors) than permanent staff. They use this talent so that they escape from hiring locals and saving costs on CPF etc. In fact a lot of the brand assistants, HR assistants from adecco personnel.
- Career ladders are imbalanced. Brand people start on B2 while SNO and other functions start on B1.
-If you are in Brand or Finance gladly get the experience and get out, other functions while bide your time and pray to god they don't shove you out when the going gets bad.
- There is no accountability with a lot of senior leaders in SNO. Their metrics are so bad that they show leaders in Cincinnati the good KPIs and maintain a second KPI for bad ones to regional leaders.
- Asia pacific has lost of a lot of talent to e-commerce companies and that is the right direction to go because - more...
Great colleagues and manageable job. However, contract staff should be treated with equal respect and not undermined as "lower" class from top down. everyone is a working class and professional adult; behaving this manner would be appropriate.
Manageable job based on prior work experience and on the job learning. Great exposure to brilliant minds and high network resources.
Potential to convert to perm although probability is low. Company/agency may not "fight" for you.
Overall, the colleagues and team the contractor is outsourced to will highly determine the pros of the job.
I worked for P&G for 17 years and never a single day wanted to quit and look for new job. P&G offers a life time career and not just an assignment or 2 or 4. There are enough opportunities for me to learn and develop myself in accordance to my interest. The company's PVP is to respect each individual, share common interest, value diversity and inclusion. It is ok to have different point of view or be different. As a working mom, non English native user, I feel I'm being valued in the company.
Collaboration, relationship at work place, job security
If you must join, join a commercial function. Everyone else is backend.
Management is risk averse and will go out of their way to keep you down if it doesn't fit their goals.
Strong diversity initiatives. So if you're a girl, you'll have fair/equal treatment, maybe moreso than in other places.
When I initially started back in 2013, my job scope was very basic and duties were limited as I am a contract staff. Back in 2016, was glad that there were some improvisation and job scope were diversed and added responsibilities. Felt empowered by those given scopes
Even then, as much as I want to give my 100% support and service to P & G, unfortunately, we are not able to assist them end to end solely by ourselves here as are a contract staff and there are access limitation for many processes. This can be improved and as I feel that we that we cannot be of much help to the R&D users.
It has always been a great and a wonderful experience. I love the culture and my co worker
Very friendly and understanding colleagues, Balance of Lunches or Snacks will be provided after their events, Fruit Day weekly once entitled for every staff incl.contractors
Our dept being outsourced, No chance of being Perm or Full Time Employee, Sale of items/goods no longer open to contractors.
A Marketing institution, where individual drives their career in building brands. Rewards winning as a team and the culture is built around high performing teams, risk taking, failing quick and learning from each failures to bounce back.
Work in a small dept. Manage to pick up the job duties within a short time as work wise is similar to Solutia Pte Ltd. Most enjoyable part of the job is that the benefits are also extend to the contract staff.
A company that stands by with its established purpose, values, principles. Values and respects diversity, promotes work life balance. Focuses on career progression amd skills development. A promote from within company.
It is a productive and fun working environment.
I was attached there for weeks and they treated me as if I was a permanent staff and not a intern.
Respect is give to all regardless of the position.
Management is to do work too.
No complicated system.
Multinational and friendly.
It was the best experience.
Plant manger is available to talk to for any problems.
Open culture, Open mindset
No canteen to buy food, have to bring own food or order through company caterer
Staff is encouraged to contribute to the improvement of the workplace. The workplace culture is relaxed but productive. The most enjoyable part of the job were my colleagues who were encouraging and always willing to help each other out.
Free fruits every alternate Wednesday, free cafe style coffee
There are no full-time positions for sensory panelists or chance for advancement
The culture demands you to work more hours to be recognized rather than the recognition of good results. The management set guidelines for promotion but does not seem to follow it.
Co-worker are great as HR strongly discourages any discrimination and racism at all levels.
Un dia tipico de trabajo empezaba con entrevistas al consumidor y estudios de mercadeo, para luego disenar el producto. Aprendi de multiples categorias de producto y de como desarrollarlos en el mercado de consumo masivo
P&G is the first of the organizations that i've worked in that has an open environment in the sense that you are to do your work independently with the training that was provided by the team managements. Definitely, free and easy but serious in getting the results done.