Procter & Gamble
Updates from Procter & Gamble:
Updated: March 26 2020

Procter & Gamble Employee Reviews

Good working experience
- Many opportunities to grow your capabilities.
- Great benefits especially for married couple.

- Recommended for those whom wants to gain work experience and take this place as a stepping stone.
Horrible place for experienced candidates and millenials
Pros:
- Good systems and processes.

- Good multi-function team.

- Decent training opportunities.

Cons:

- HR is useless.

- Management doesn't understand experienced candidates and is unable to leverage their unique skill sets.

- when pushed they will use the bell curve when cost cutting from top down and tell you your performance sucks and shove you out without any compensation. They do this periodically across functions.

- All brands are performing poorly vs. competition.

- Top management are busy sucking up and not offering enough project advice to multi function team.

- In grown and inbred culture without flexibility in culture that needs to be ready for the outside shock/competition.

- Funny thing is the office in Buona Vista has more people from Adecco (a company that hires contractors) than permanent staff. They use this talent so that they escape from hiring locals and saving costs on CPF etc. In fact a lot of the brand assistants, HR assistants from adecco personnel.

- Career ladders are imbalanced. Brand people start on B2 while SNO and other functions start on B1.

-If you are in Brand or Finance gladly get the experience and get out, other functions while bide your time and pray to god they don't shove you out when the going gets bad.

- There is no accountability with a lot of senior leaders in SNO. Their metrics are so bad that they show leaders in Cincinnati the good KPIs and maintain a second KPI for bad ones to regional leaders.

- Asia pacific has lost of a lot of talent to e-commerce companies and that is the right direction to go because
 - more...
Pros
Refer above
Cons
Refer above
Great work culture, not so great management
Great colleagues and manageable job. However, contract staff should be treated with equal respect and not undermined as "lower" class from top down. everyone is a working class and professional adult; behaving this manner would be appropriate.

Manageable job based on prior work experience and on the job learning. Great exposure to brilliant minds and high network resources.

Potential to convert to perm although probability is low. Company/agency may not "fight" for you.

Overall, the colleagues and team the contractor is outsourced to will highly determine the pros of the job.
Multicultural and fun workplace
P&G provides good benefits to its staffs and prepares excellent working condition in order for staffs to achieve highest productivity. It especially pays attention to female staffs' needs.
Great company, respect employees, collaborative work culture, support work life balance
I worked for P&G for 17 years and never a single day wanted to quit and look for new job. P&G offers a life time career and not just an assignment or 2 or 4. There are enough opportunities for me to learn and develop myself in accordance to my interest. The company's PVP is to respect each individual, share common interest, value diversity and inclusion. It is ok to have different point of view or be different. As a working mom, non English native user, I feel I'm being valued in the company.
Pros
Collaboration, relationship at work place, job security
Cons
Large, complex organization
A great company to work for.
A promote within company with a strong system to groom and develop leaders. P&G also has a strong and good culture to value and trust all employee and build diversity.
Pros
Capability Building, Culture
Cons
Intense Productivity Improvment
Good people, poor promotion prospects
If you must join, join a commercial function. Everyone else is backend.
Management is risk averse and will go out of their way to keep you down if it doesn't fit their goals.

Strong diversity initiatives. So if you're a girl, you'll have fair/equal treatment, maybe moreso than in other places.
A good place to learn.
A place to grow...a place to learn.
I had a wonderful 15 years with P&G.

Great leaders who are full of intelligence and integrity, admirable traits.

Everyone is treated with respect and trust.
Pros
Good benefits, flexi hours and work from home
Cons
Very enjoyable and friendly environment
When I initially started back in 2013, my job scope was very basic and duties were limited as I am a contract staff. Back in 2016, was glad that there were some improvisation and job scope were diversed and added responsibilities. Felt empowered by those given scopes

Even then, as much as I want to give my 100% support and service to P & G, unfortunately, we are not able to assist them end to end solely by ourselves here as are a contract staff and there are access limitation for many processes. This can be improved and as I feel that we that we cannot be of much help to the R&D users.

It has always been a great and a wonderful experience. I love the culture and my co worker
Pros
Very friendly and understanding colleagues, Balance of Lunches or Snacks will be provided after their events, Fruit Day weekly once entitled for every staff incl.contractors
Cons
Our dept being outsourced, No chance of being Perm or Full Time Employee, Sale of items/goods no longer open to contractors.
Good culture and environment
Great people to work with, awesome environment and learning potential. Pays well also so not much to complain about! Work trips are quite frequent as well.
Leader in creating value for consumers
A Marketing institution, where individual drives their career in building brands. Rewards winning as a team and the culture is built around high performing teams, risk taking, failing quick and learning from each failures to bounce back.
large company with a lot of contract staff
Work in a small dept. Manage to pick up the job duties within a short time as work wise is similar to Solutia Pte Ltd. Most enjoyable part of the job is that the benefits are also extend to the contract staff.
Pros
Free lunches at times
Cons
no chance to convert to permanent position
Great place to work, great benefits
A company that stands by with its established purpose, values, principles. Values and respects diversity, promotes work life balance. Focuses on career progression amd skills development. A promote from within company.
Accepting Culture
It is a productive and fun working environment.
I was attached there for weeks and they treated me as if I was a permanent staff and not a intern.

Respect is give to all regardless of the position.

Management is to do work too.

No complicated system.

Multinational and friendly.

It was the best experience.

Plant manger is available to talk to for any problems.
Pros
Open culture, Open mindset
Cons
No canteen to buy food, have to bring own food or order through company caterer
Dynamic and Fun
Staff is encouraged to contribute to the improvement of the workplace. The workplace culture is relaxed but productive. The most enjoyable part of the job were my colleagues who were encouraging and always willing to help each other out.
Pros
Free fruits every alternate Wednesday, free cafe style coffee
Cons
There are no full-time positions for sensory panelists or chance for advancement
One for all & all for one
I've started my career in P&G and it is the most fascinating workplace to learn and understand the big picture in such a big company
Pros
Systematic processes
Cons
Nil
Financially Rewarding but Mentally and Emotionally Demanding
The culture demands you to work more hours to be recognized rather than the recognition of good results. The management set guidelines for promotion but does not seem to follow it.

Co-worker are great as HR strongly discourages any discrimination and racism at all levels.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Career advancement is vague
This is a great companny
This is a great company. I love the culture here the most. All the people are really capable and friendly, especially people at management level. And, the work scope is really demanding.
Oportunidades de Crecimiento
Un dia tipico de trabajo empezaba con entrevistas al consumidor y estudios de mercadeo, para luego disenar el producto. Aprendi de multiples categorias de producto y de como desarrollarlos en el mercado de consumo masivo
Open and Multi-Cultured Environment
P&G is the first of the organizations that i've worked in that has an open environment in the sense that you are to do your work independently with the training that was provided by the team managements. Definitely, free and easy but serious in getting the results done.
Pros
Massage chairs, multi-cultured
Cons
Contract basis
Flexible but fast-paced work environment
Company gave work flexibility to their staffs as long as results can be delivered. Diversity is a key factor for this company as can be seen from the various nationalities of the staffs.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Contract term