Prudential Assurance

Prudential Assurance Employee Reviews

Friendly Working Environment

Have a good leader that always review my performance and guide me regularly Colleagues are willing to help each other Continuous trainings and sharing sessions are given

The company changed its culture

When I first started as a representative in the company, they invest in your growth. But after they get listed, the ballgame switched. They only care about the numbers. I was forced to quit because they side the manager. And no one can protect the agent's welfare. 15 years spent with no good will return.

Pros

Nil

Cons

No benefits because of company see u onlyas contractor

Encouraged innovation and experienced great collaboration with everyone there

Prudential is a place for diversity and inclusion. It provides equal opportunities regardless of race. It encourages people to work on their own pace and own their careers. It allows employees to create something new and innovate new ways of working. They practice trust and inculcate values.

Great focus on training & Development

Highly recommended Great place to work;great emphasis on life long education. The corporate culture is very proactive & responsive to the rapidly changing environment.

nil

They paint a very nice picture for new advisors to join, but once they are in they will be forced to look through their phone list and come up with a prospect list of friends, family, and relatives who will support them to buy insurance.

A good place to learn

If you get under a good director, the sky is your limit There are lots to learn in terms of skills and knowledge How much effort you put in is how much results you get.

Pros

Lots of incentives

Cons

Lots of networking to do

It depends on individual if they like the job

It depends on job nature and interest of the candidates. I got no else things to comments and perhaps another staff who takes over may observe and review the job, environment and the people.

So so

Tough job with high competition. Highly dependent on your manager and team. My manager and team was not very good and helpful hence was even tougher.

Good environment but boring job scope

Manager and coworkers were nice and friendly to newcomers, and were forgiving even when mistakes were made. However the job scope as a telemarketer can be quite boring as it is mainly cold-calling and not much else.

Great company

Work life balance Good benefits Achievable targets Good support system Abundance of training opportunities Sponsored trips Lots of incentives to achieve

Jobs at Prudential Assurance

See more jobs

Management in the company isn’t doing the job & only wants to leech on the referral fee. However, from all of the these lessons learnt, I have learn on how to work independently without the help of management.

A career to discover yourself

Typical Day: Prospecting, following up, securing appointments and meeting clients all the time. Learned: Learning how to handle rejection is a good thing. Being passionate in what you can do and offer it ethically and professionally. Management/culture: Really depends on the group you joining, observe the company for at least 3 months before joining. Hardest Part: Your supervisor don't motivate you when your numbers are down and not getting sales. Enjoyable: Your team mates will encourage you and share their experiences. You get to help under privileged families and individuals with their financial decisions.

Pros

Improves your soft skills exponentially

Cons

Need to grind building networks and repo with clients

workplace for people who are hardworking for money incentives

Working experience differs a lot across different agency teams. Smaller team brings little sense of belonging to the mother company, and the prospecting activities that are potential to be carried out are much less than the larger teams. Incentives for consultants are a lot, but generally only for those who do well. Then better you do the more incentive reward you get, and the worse you do, the more distant you feel about the connection with the company. FCs are not employees of the company, therefore no employee insurance benefits at all.

Tremendous trainings and supports from the company and unlimited opportunity to make good money.

Prudential Assurance Singapore is a leading edge company which focuses on IT development, they invest in their people by splurge inventive as rewards after hard work. I learned that we need to tap on the current market needs and generation desire what attracts and motivate them, be it the employee and the clients of the company.

Pros

Unlimited earning potential

Cons

Long hours working

Very challenging workplace

When I first joined the industry at the start, there were many people who questioned my decision to become a financial advisor. Then I realised that many of these negatives were not about me as a person, rather, they were due to the nature of perception that people had about the profession. Hardest part of the job is to gain the clients' trust as we are tasked to handle their financial for a long time in most cases. I enjoy constantly upgrading in my overall interpersonal skills, strategies and knowledge of the market and also learning of the nature of people in general. I ultimately left because I realize my passion wasn't in this field, however I greatly appreciate the experience that I had learnt during my tenure here.

Forward looking and Dynamic

The greatest satisfaction in the job was to be able to help clients preserve their wealth and grow with them over the years. The hardest part of the job comes from the enormous amount of rejections on a daily basis. It can be a lonely journey and requires a lot of self-motivation and drive to keep going every day.

Pros

Flexible hours, educating and sharing of information with people.

Cons

Challenging market

Was a great place to have internship

Great team, great supervisors, awesome pantry with great food, great ambience, work can be repetitive. Can have more stabilized working structure, where the turnover rate is currently pretty high.

Seniors and managers are mostly helpful

Management is ok. But there is unneccessary verbal attacks and ostracize from peers as job is somewhat self-employed, makes it(working) uncomfortable.

Pros

Friendly managers, good coffee.

Cons

Politics(in somewhat self-employed jobs)

Fast growing technology

More work on after office hours and weekend. No planning for projects and changes. All sudden changes and not think about the employees work overload.

Pros

Free fruits

Cons

No Work / Life balance

Dynamic environment

The age groups of employees are dynamic. Well-balanced work and life. Every department was given budget to have a department team-building. A typical day at work would include follow-ups with referrals and reviewing of applications. During peak season, new candidate briefings are frequent.

Good for sales & people orientated individuals

If you are an outgoing and sales orientated person this will be a place for you. The more enjoyable part of the job would be if you reach a certain target the company is very generous to provide incentive from cash to gadgets to holidays for you free. Choosing the right team and environment to work with is very important, too.

Pros

Literally free lunch from time to time

Cons

If you are new and do not have a network, it would be hard work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prudential Assurance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Prudential Assurance