Prudential
Coronavirus update
Information from Prudential:

Prudential Employee Reviews

Singapore28 reviews
Performance heavily depends on the team and manager. A typical day would begin with reviews with your team manager on your activities for the week as well as follow up for your cases and clients.
You will pick up skills like negotiation, prospecting, communication and problem-solving fairly quickly. The fast pace and nature of the job is both the hardest and most enjoyable part of the job.
Working for Prudential was a learning experience for me as i gained a lot of knowledge when dealing with clients and customers through the phone and it also benefited me when it comes to communicating and also being persuasive. Did not regret working for them.
Work mostly everyday to try to get prospects to buy stuff. You need to be positive and determined to get your sales. Need to be people orientated to understand people's needs and wants.
Pros
Settle your own working hours
Cons
Have to be driven everyday
Sales wasn't my strong suit, i didnt hit my KPI hence i left. a typical day at work would be going to office trying to do cold calling as roadshows was banned, the way of prospecting for new clients was tough.
Good to be able to communicate and apply my value added experience in Telemarketing to the organization. The role has helped me to learn, relearn and unlearn as I always be on the frontline of communication.
Appointment scheduling with quotas and casual work environment.
Enjoyable part of the job is able to work together with friends and the flexible work schedule.
stressful and fast paced job
Typical day at work is to meet clients and introduce insurance plans to them

The hardest part of the job is to look for clients
Colleagues and Mentors are all real encouraging and supportive. Can learn many skills and have a friendly & competitive environment. Directions provided and a lot of support from company.
dueto a lot of unscrupulous filipino population, the workplace has degraded and lost its older charm. It is sure the graph is only descending and this company will not be a great place anymore
Depends on the department you join. Some department's culture are truly good. You will feel happy working here if you are serving in a happy, friendly team with helpful supervisors and subordinates
Prudential has been great but, I worked for Prudential plc (British version) -- not the American one so please keep note of that. Overall decent company
Pros
Very Good Product Training
Cons
Strict adherence to quotas
A typical telemarketing job which appeared flexible in the beginning but went on more pressuring to get more clients for them. After working for a while, until i got a full-time or other part-time job that is related to my field of study, i knew insurance was not the the right field for me right now.
Office training in the morning. roadshow and door knock in the evening. follow up in numbers and text them. close shield case and make presentation on higher budget case.
I worked as a Associate at Prudential. My duty is to call customers on the survey of purchase of Insurance Products. The survey is to find the customers' understanding on the purchasing of the products. During the period of employment, I have learned on the different types of Insurance Products.

I have to perform ad hoc office duties on Business events. I need to assist on the customers enquiries.

The workplace culture is an open concept of management. It emphasizes on Innovation, teamwork and Accountabilities I was trained on the open concept of culture.

The hardest part of the job is the older customers forget on what they purchase and unable to perform the survey completely. Sometimes, the customers do not understand the survey and I have to patiently explain to them.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to complete the survey with the most of customers understand the products. This fulfils the objective of the survey.

The company has timeout where it updates on the sale of the every month. Strategies were discussed to attain the sale of every month.

After the hard work, the company provides free Buffett for the staffs.
Pros
Festive and Buffett celebration of hardwork
Cons
Nil
Typical day starts with training to sharpen our skills and knowledge to assist our customers and potential customers to make better financial decisions.

The hardest part of the job is client acquisition as we have to convince potential customers to utilise our services. The most enjoyable part is also client acquisition as it help us understand the diversities of situation that every potential customers are facing.
Went to work and review my supervisor's schedule. Started telemarketing and made changes in the Microsoft Excel file. Occasionally went to be puller for my supervisor. I have learnt to talk better with strangers (face-to-face and on the phone) and how to approach a scenario. I have also learnt to do better in data handling. I have also assisted my supervisor with a project in reaching out to his consumers.

My colleagues have made the workplace a fun and stress-free environment as long as I managed to finish what is required. My supervisor was never too hard on me as his main priority was to groom me in being able to learn some new skills through this short three months and to learn from mistakes when I made them so.

The hardest part of the job was being a puller as I have no background in that field. After doing so, I learnt to communicate better and learnt how to approach people on the streets.

The most enjoyable part was doing administration work in the office as I really liked doing administrative work and the workplace environment was a bonus.
1. Long walks visiting clients but patronage was very low.
2. Developed the skill of mastering inter personal relationship with people.

3. Developed the act of convincing clients to close insurance policies.
Pros
Free training
Cons
Tideous
ethical insurance providers
treated their employees fairly
Meeting peoples needs, always listening and understanding. Flexible working hours with great support from peers.
The hardest part of the job is getting negative feedback about the industry.
I worked as a part timer reporting to one financial consultant thus, i do not know much about the workplace culture and management but generally, everyone is friendly and nice.
Pros
Micro manage
Cons
No colleagues to talk to
Prudential provides good training for its new employees and good compensation as a motivation in increasing productivity. However, the pressure in reaching target is quite high.
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
High pressure
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prudential. Our community is ready to answer.
1.1K