Public Service Division

Public Service Division Employee Reviews

Singapore7 reviews
The title says it all. You have to staff bosses, write submissions, prepare documents with a good command of english and punctuations and do a lot of data analyzing. On top of that, have extra curricular ad-hoc projects like events management and be a team welfare and/or fire warden. Your fellow colleagues are local grads and are very intelligent.
Pros
Work from Home
Cons
Competitive Environment
Everyone was friendly at work and were very welcoming. I learnt a lot on excel. As I enjoy organising things, I did enjoy organising the files and the online system to keep it up to date. As the staff were friendly, it was easy to approach them with questions when in doubt.
DId not enjoy most part of the work
Some leaders were caring and live out their values.

Some leaders have much to improve upon.

Extra work assignments that you may not enjoy doing.
I was taught lots of things while I worked there. The work load is stressful for those who can’t take the stress. Be prepared to balance your work life schedule.
Many many Bright scholars, who are great at framing issues and presenting them in such a succinct manner. I learnt a lot working under them. Unfortunately, the workload can get quite high with not much down-time. Middle and senior management heavy, which means disproportionately few junior staff doing the ground work.
I like to work at PSD.

I have learn to be more courteous and patient.

Management is good, workplace culture is also very good, we have 1 hour lunch, and people there always respect each other. Hardest part that we do not know what to do first. Most enjoyable part is we know our job, and have an enjoyable lunch when the minister comes.
Pros
when the minister visit the place we have free lunch.
Cons
working hours- 9 am to 6 pm and Friday we can go back early to have family time. 5 days' work.
Its a fun place to work but at the same time quite stressful. Quite a nice environment to work .The job entails a lot of responsibility in order whether to pass the trainee or not.
Pros
Nice place to work at
Cons
Pay too low