PwC logo

PwC Employee Reviews

Work-Life Balance

Found 80 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,021 reviews

Great place

My review is great place to learn and work and excellent environment ,lots of resources to learn and good collaboration among many teams which makes a person as a good team player

Pros

It's one among the big 5 consulting

Cons

You will be among many performers so it takes time to reach the pinnacle

Time to say goodbye to a toxic boss

Don鈥檛 say I never tell you guys (candidates that are applying for assistant associate under tax line of service) be careful of P. She鈥檚 a difficult person to handle with. Moreover Managers / director have higher authority but treat their employees in no respect.Also working beyond office hours, yet OT hours still not approved. Very unreasonable. Worst is, team culture has been shared during interview but turn out in fact false.To my advice, if you don鈥檛 see the chances of getting promoted, just don鈥檛 take up the job scope. I have colleagues that worked for about 2-3 years yet didn鈥檛 get promoted even though it鈥檚 under PwC practice that every employees will get promoted. Most nerve wrecking was, boss even absorb away one of the staff bonus.

Pros

Good benefits. Friendly colleagues.

Cons

Long hours. Unreasonable bosses

fun place to work

i enjoy the work but it is only really for people that enjoy the type of work that is done. people are young, energetic and motivated. there are lots of collaboration and coaching.

Typical day

The typical day is usual (for most auditors) - long hours with tight deadlines jobs which is the norm in the industry. Would be great if less recovery is emphasized. Would appreciate another opportunity to work with PwC again.

Fast paced and competitive

The management and environment is generally supportive, however, the job demands are high and require hard work and dedication. There is a lot of exposure in this firm.

Good coaching culture but need to know the right people

Building a good reputation at the start is very important; it determines what type of jobs you may get. Also important to know the right people who can introduce you to good jobs. Coaching culture is generally good and the workforce is young.

Productive and fun workplace

Great workplace culture, long hours for auditors. However, company provides great learning experience. Work from home benefits and flex dress day. Enjoyable experience

Good experience

Work culture is good but can be quite outspoken and fast-paced. Might have to stay back to work overtime in my department. Colleagues are quite friendly so it is able to ask questions that I am unsure of.

Stressful environment

Reputable firm but with super demanding and inconsiderate top management. A toxic work environment that makes you feel uncomfortable, unappreciated, or undervalued.

Na

Good culture good management good colleagues good working environment flexible time nice food good bosses good laptop good phone good team good manager

Jobs at PwC

See more jobs

Young workforce but unhealthy culture

There are more silos than teams in the organisation. Unhealthy gossip and competition within groups. Good stepping stone for young graduates nonetheless.

Safe environment to be in

Typically during the day, we would reach out to the employees of the client to help them get their work permit. I have learnt how to be confident in myself by liaising with the employees to get their work passes and learnt how to draft an email professionally. Overall, the workplace culture is very nice to be in and the managers are super friendly and approachable. Te hardest part of the job is definitely the case load as we would have to handle a large amount of employees within the 8 hours that we have at work resulting in us having to OT almost every day. The enjoyable part about the job is that i get to know the administrators and the employees thanking you for the service you have given them.

Learning opportunity here is very high. Everyday is a new day to learn new things. Hours are long and can be demanding. Culture is great, it all depends on luck on who you work for and what are you assigned to.

EPC Practice

Was brought in to the EPC (entrepreneur and Private Clients) department as part of the strategy team but the partner in charge decided to put me at the mercy of his junior staff because he had a bad review from the whole team. Was not given the chance to integrate properly into the team and not fully utilized. The whole EPC department was also isolated and prevented from interacting with the other departments as the partner was afraid for his reputation. Coupled with his anger management issues (higher management knew about this and tried to get him to attend outside help to resolve this but he declined according to HR). Sexist jokes and screaming is a common occurrence with this partner resulting in a revolving door of employees. PwC is a great place to work with many learning opportunities, just do not apply for the EPC department; the partner will never allow you to transfer to other departments so leaving his practice would effectively mean leaving PwC for good.

Pros

friendly and helpful colleagues

Cons

narcissistic partner in charge

Fun and vibrant work place

- Good learning curve - Mentoring culture - Equal opportunities - Good teamwork and supportive culture - Fun, youthful and positive vibes - Flexibility

Great environment to learn and work

Fast-paced, motivated. I love the energetic environment and the people who are always ready to help. Great place to learn in. Encourages a diverse culture.

challenging, tiring but help you grow very fast

Promotion in PwC is more like yearly. They have different responsibilities for each level that you need to fulfill. Therefore, you will have a great opportunity to get in touch with different things and have takeaways every day. And it might be challenging for some people who need a better work-life balance & a more chill working style.

Great teamwork and supervision

Working together towards a common goal in a huge project involving authorities and 140 Financial Institutions was the most valuable and enjoyable part of the job. Everyone was amazing, focused and helpful regardless of which position they were in. Although the work life balance is not exactly fantastic, especially for permanent staff, everyone takes pride in their work and contributes to the best of their ability. Having to work till midnight on certain days in order to hit milestones and be on track was the hardest part of the job, but was still definitely enjoyable as we knew that we were not alone. As I was still an associate, meaning that I did not have prior knowledge or experience on the job when I first joined, the managers in the team were very welcoming and would take their time to explain certain ambiguous parts of the project to me. They would tell me what I can do better and allow me to participate in many activities with high responsibility. Placing their trust and patience in me was something I was extremely grateful for.

Pros

Friday Partner Snacks

Cons

Long Hours, Slighty poor working rates/pay

Young dynamic work place

I had great industry exposure and received good coaching to develop technical and soft skills. I enjoyed the collaborative culture in the firm where everyone was willing to take time to support those in need.

Excellent

I learnt a lot during my internship and also got to polish my skills and knowledge as per the industry requirements. The work culture at PwC is great, they believe in getting the work done at the employees ease and hard work is rewarded.

Drive your own career

There are just 2 parts to the job - selling projects & executing projects. The learning experience for both is phenomenal at PwC Singapore. The firm provides excellent exposure across functions, across industries.