PwC Employee Reviews for Assistant Manager

Be prepared mentally and physically to face the challenges. Management are technically well versed. Lots of exposure so long as you are willing to learn.
- Learned a lot from this company through classroom trainings provided as well as on the job training and coaching from the superiors. - Hardest part of the job is maintaining a work life balance due to the nature of this job (i.e. with tight deadlines and multiple review hierarchies)
Job Culture is good and hectic Long Work Works Good Cafeteria Fun @ Work Learning Curve is good Challenging working enviroment
PwC along with the other big 4 firms are known for their fast paced environment and high performance cultures. It is a place where one has to always be sharp and have the ability to adapt to any surprises that may arise on any given day. For me, a typical day at work would begin quite early, usually before 8. I come in early because I enjoy the quiet environment of the office and am able to peacefully go through any correspondence that came in during the night. It is also a time to plan what my main objectives for the day are and what time I plan on completing them. I would usually be booked on more than one audit at a time so time management was key. More often than not there would be surprises such as additional client requests or changes to our work approach which would need immediate attention, in this instance being sharp and adapting to changing circumstances was also a key skill. The hardest part of the job was managing the expectations of the many stakeholders in an audit. These stakeholders could include my managers and senior managers as well as the partner on the job. Other stakeholders were the client and my other team members. At times one stakeholder's needs would take precedence over another and this needed careful management in order to maintain decent working relations with all.
Pros
Coaching of junior staff, constantly meeting new people, learning complex skills in a fast paced environment
Cons
Long hours, work-life imbalances
Good Graduate Training GroundWorked on sell-side and buy-side M&A mandates, prepared valuation analyses, three-way financial modelsand client-ready presentations / pitch books