Here to help
Coronavirus update

PwC Management reviews

Singapore78 reviews
The management and environment is generally supportive, however, the job demands are high and require hard work and dedication.
There is a lot of exposure in this firm.
Reputable firm but with super demanding and inconsiderate top management. A toxic work environment that makes you feel uncomfortable, unappreciated, or undervalued.
Good culture good management good colleagues good working environment flexible time nice food good bosses good laptop good phone good team good manager
Was brought in to the EPC (entrepreneur and Private Clients) department as part of the strategy team but the partner in charge decided to put me at the mercy of his junior staff because he had a bad review from the whole team. Was not given the chance to integrate properly into the team and not fully utilized.

The whole EPC department was also isolated and prevented from interacting with the other departments as the partner was afraid for his reputation.
Coupled with his anger management issues (higher management knew about this and tried to get him to attend outside help to resolve this but he declined according to HR). Sexist jokes and screaming is a common occurrence with this partner resulting in a revolving door of employees.

PwC is a great place to work with many learning opportunities, just do not apply for the EPC department; the partner will never allow you to transfer to other departments so leaving his practice would effectively mean leaving PwC for good.
Pros
friendly and helpful colleagues
Cons
narcissistic partner in charge
Rifled with politics from manager level onwards.

Fantastic place to be as an associate to senior associate, unless you are unfortunate enough to land a couple of small assignments that would make following up on a real headache made worse by some managers who are very poor in planning resources for these jobs
Pros
The name of PwC
Cons
Culture getting worse each year
Be prepared mentally and physically to face the challenges.
Management are technically well versed.
Lots of exposure so long as you are willing to learn.
A typical day at work for an associate involves auditing the financial statement line items you are involved in, and assisting your seniors and team leaders wherever they need. I am fortunate to have met many seniors and managers who are willing to coach, and teach. However, such people inevitably leave over time due to the nature of the job which demands much time and effort - you are required to work long hours for complete jobs, usually with tight deadlines - rinse and repeat for each client beyond what we deemed as peak period. Upper management needs to learn to appreciate their staff and be willing to groom. Tone at the top needs improvement before it can waterfall down to the lower levels - where the workerbees are.
Pros
Everyone is around your age!
Cons
no typical day. usually start work at 9am and end work at 8 or 9pm.
learned to work as a team.

strong management team.
good workplace culture.

hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult clients.
Working in one of the top company in the world is an honour. Working environment was quite competitive and fast pace. I learn to master skills in multitasking in pressure environment as well as time management.
A work hard and play hard environment, many peers of the same age group. Close knitted working relations, taught me what teamwork and project management entails.
The nature of the job allows interaction with multiple clients and teams, which compared to a corporate function, where you typically work with the same team, is more interactive and builds better interpersonal relationship.

Having to work with different teams also requires investment in coaching to ensure teams delivers quality output.

Time and project management is an essential skill set with the multiple assignments and deadlines going on at once which adds up to the long working hours as part of the job nature.
Pros
fast progression and wide exposure and roles available within the company
Cons
Long hours and multiple deadlines
Love the job. Provide administrative and secretarial support to team. Preparation of monthly reports. Update of assignees records. To create presentation slide decks and prepare presentation materials where appropriate. Assist in the preparation and checking of immigration documents. Make project-related visa, working with auditors, consultants and external parties. Maintain regular program reports to ensure accuracy of data such as the Onsite Offsite report.

Great management and co workers.
Reason for leaving is to gain more experience in the same line.
Need to handle various stakeholders - clients, managers, associates with various demands.
The works in PwC are all project based. The typical cycle starts from audit planning, followed by audit fieldwork and ended by preparation of audit report (completion). While doing the audit planning and completion, the works were done in PwC office with many discussions with the audit partner, audit manager and the client. During the audit fieldwork, I was out at the client's office with the audit team. As a senior, I was always the team in charge of the projects I was in and had to oversee the whole project and coach the junior team members. I was also given the opportunity to work in overseas projects in China and Malaysia.

During the 3 years in PwC, I'm trained to be very organised and able to keep multiple projects on track at the same time. I can also work very well with many different people from different background. I've also learnt that good communication is very important in our work, especially the work that involves many different parties.

The co-workers in PwC are mostly nice and fun to work with. Due to the minimal age difference, many of us can become friends easily instead of just being colleagues.
The management always try to reach out to the staffs to understand the problems we faced and try to provide better working environment to us.

The high turnover in the firm had caused serious problems in staffing. The frequent changes in team member and shortage in manpower always cause disruption the projects.

It is always enjoyable to work in teams that everyone is working together very hard to achieve the same goals. The coaching culture in PwC also
 - more...
Pros
Coaching culture, young and fun co-workers
Cons
Poor staffing
PwC along with the other big 4 firms are known for their fast paced environment and high performance cultures. It is a place where one has to always be sharp and have the ability to adapt to any surprises that may arise on any given day. For me, a typical day at work would begin quite early, usually before 8. I come in early because I enjoy the quiet environment of the office and am able to peacefully go through any correspondence that came in during the night. It is also a time to plan what my main objectives for the day are and what time I plan on completing them. I would usually be booked on more than one audit at a time so time management was key. More often than not there would be surprises such as additional client requests or changes to our work approach which would need immediate attention, in this instance being sharp and adapting to changing circumstances was also a key skill. The hardest part of the job was managing the expectations of the many stakeholders in an audit. These stakeholders could include my managers and senior managers as well as the partner on the job. Other stakeholders were the client and my other team members. At times one stakeholder's needs would take precedence over another and this needed careful management in order to maintain decent working relations with all.
Pros
Coaching of junior staff, constantly meeting new people, learning complex skills in a fast paced environment
Cons
Long hours, work-life imbalances