Raffles Medical Group

Raffles Medical Group Employee Reviews

Singapore18 reviews
its not an ideal place to work as there's no stability in income earning and unfairness to long serving staff who is always there to ho through difficult challenging times with the company. No appreciations shown and tends to ignore staff feedbacks and inquiry.
Pros
Income quite good if stable slots.
Cons
No guareenteed of working slots
Learn nothing and always tired, keep arrow by their staff and paid less, long hours and no a friendly environment and keep us do nothing when you do nothing
Pros
like arrow people do those stupid things
Cons
long hrs
normal fast pace work. But I like assisting doctors in clinical procedures and assisting dispensing medications.

the hardest part is most needed to learn fast of the computer
A typical day at work include registeration of patients, health screening check ups, circulating cards for doctors, dispensing of medication etc.
I have learnt the most from this job such as to operate the electrocardiogram, to do dressings for patients, health screenings, different instruments used for minor surgeries and many medications used in our clinic.

The management in this company is however really poor because there is always short of manpower and we will always have to work even when we are unwell. Due to long hours of working, many of us made lots of mistakes while typing medication and so on.

The culture is great at times when we get to bond with the doctors and nurses but sometimes it is too busy/ fast-paced that we hardly have time to interact, this i feel is the hardest part of the job because it makes everything so stressful. Even with lack of manpower, no one is really there to guide you with everything properly.
Pros
medical benefits
Cons
no work life balance and poor management
There is always challenge that waiting for you to resolve daily. It can be scary for new comers who just came on board. However, if you are able to pul through after 6 months; nothing is impossible. However, it can be extreme challenging whenever doctor giving you problems. Just stay strong, enjoy and you will be able to see the tunnel at the end of the light.
I had a supervisory role in Raffles Medical so i seen a different side of people, more towards high end clients so being professional is always a must.
The company is a place that allows an individual to perform according to their potential on the duties assigned to them. It is, in fact, a great place to work at.
It is an extremely fun environment if you are self driven and independent; opportunities are provided if you put in the effort to prove yourself and hungry for growth. Though you would have to be able to maintain open communication on what you are looking for and before rocking the boat, be sure to have done your homework. Overall, I've enjoyed my tenure with the company.
At Raffles Medical, I had learned to be more independent and more patience.To work in the clinic, Raffles Medical is a great place to work and nice colleagues.Sadly I have to leave due to the weekend shifts and build in ot for staffs.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Raffles Medical Group?
Can learn much but need to improve much on staff benefits and management level.need to improve alot in training staff and need to increase staff benefits
Cons
Deal with patients needs.
Collect medical reports and ensuring patients receive it on time.

Doing simple medical check-ups.

The workplace was conducive and the colleagues there are friendly and helpful whenever in doubt.

The people that I work with makes the job endurable and fun.
• Clinical duties include assisting outpatients in a general clinic, assisting doctors in the consultation room if required.
• Assisting in minor procedures and surgeries such as surgical dressing, nail avulsion, toilet and suture, removal of warts/ skin tags excision and sebaceous cyst excision.

• Administer vaccination for patients such as hepatitis A&B, Influenza vaccination, Typhoid and cervical vaccinations.

• Assist patients with medical check-up such as employment / oversea placement, vocational medical check-ups.

• Apart from assisting in patient’s health screening, clinical duties includes to follow up with patients in the results.

• Administering of oral medications order by doctors and advising patients on it.

• Nursing duties such as Parameters for patients, Blood pressure, Blood glucose, temperature, pulse saturation and respiratory monitoring and respiratory monitoring and Electrocardiography (ECG) recording for patient cardiac assessment according to doctor orders.

• Ensuring clinic is clean and surgical instruments/ equipment are packed and sterile with the clinic auto-cleaving machine every end of the day.
Pros
office hours
Cons
na
My job scope is to supervise and ensure the smooth operation of the clinic and to manage the operation of the daily clinic. With good management, continuous advancement and transformation, leading the company to grow.
Due to different cultures and different languages, the hardest part is dealing with customers in different countries. I like to work in this environment. This made me come into contact with many people in different positions and they taught me a lot.
Pros
Have opportunity to attend external courses
Cons
mid shift, long hour
- very bad middle management, absolutely no support
- old outdated system both hardware and software

- multiple different software systems that crashes now and then.

- No proper training given to newcomers

- absolutely no work/ life balance, we basically work seven days a week and easily up to nine or ten in the evening.

- Terrible benefits

- still very manual in this time and days, executives are spending more time sorting up documents, printing documents and sending them manually, instead of trying to improve on company's process.
Pros
Na
Cons
too many
The company does not offer advancement of studies. yet, they value every staff who intended to resign, they tried to keep the staff and give new opportunities like reassign or given other positions.
Pros
free meals whole day
Cons
shortage of staff
The company has a very good compensation, and team work ethics and state of the art facilities and services. Going to work is walking distance from my apartment.
Pros
company bonus
Cons
understaff
I learnt to work with nurses n doctors.I also assist dental n also phamacy.its a on job training.I register patients n do filling.My experience there was very useful because i learn how to work in a front line n meeting people.
Pros
Meal allowances
Cons
Shifts
Had experience to meet people from all walks of life. Learnt how a life of a nurse is actually from my colleague working together with me.