Raffles Town Club

Raffles Town Club Employee Reviews

Singapore9 reviews

A Place to Develop Your Own Design

Being a Graphic Designer in RTC requires a little bit of photography skills (taking photos for their club publication). It's alright if you don't have photography skills because they will teach you there! The hardest part of the job is manually cutting and pasting the promotion posters (it's best to print it a week earlier so you have ample time to cut and paste the posters together). Other than that, you really have plenty of chances to hone your design skills. You'll be expected to OT to take photos of the events (Christmas, NYE Party, etc) happening at the club (but you can discuss this with your colleague and take turns to stay). Other than that, OT-ing to do design work hardly happens, unless you're rushing for deadline. Everyone else is nice if you do your job right and it's best to mind your own business to avoid any work politics.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Graphic Designer office has no window

Job scope

Seems a nice place to work at first but after day 1 at work, i kind of regret taking the job. Not a place to stay for long if you want a career advancement or intership.

Pros

There's a straight bus to work

Cons

No freedom. E.g: lunch is also in the work compound. Cant go out.

Raffles Town Club

I learnt the basics on marketing and was overall in charge of the publishing of articles for the in-house magazine that was circulated around the Clubhouse. I liased with the designers regarding magazine production and even went around the Club to settle admin issues with the various F&B outlets for drafting up write-ups regarding monthly promotions. The most enjoyable part as an intern there was to expose myself to various responsibilities and spending time building up various skill sets.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Had to come back during holidays/weekends sometimes

Work is efficient and easy

Work is efficient and easy,Have a warm team, give me a warm internship

work is okay

Great people at all levels of the company - joining make positive is like joining a family and everyone is supportive of each other and has a great time together Interesting projects - I have worked at making positive for 4 years and no 2 projects are alike A great culture - coming to work is fun and there are always nights out and something for everyone Cons Advice to Management As the company grows to make sure that we keep the culture

Pros

free meal

Fast paced work

I only work as a part time waiter and what i learn is to serve the guest at my best. The management is quite bad due to lack of manpower sometimes you'll have to handle more than 3 person's job back then. the hardest part of the job is to entertain the guests as some might complain that we are slow but we are doing our best but lacked manpower. I dont really know how the management is now. This is from the experience I had way back.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

Lack manpower

fivestar members club with well management

Nice working place with six outlets, well management avery good team work, but very less salary. sometimes with spit shift, even weekends.

Pros

good benefits

Cons

less pay

Fun and Enjoyable workplace

Jumped into front line to communicate with customers and learned to fulfill all the inquiries of them. Learned sales techniques and worked in group and individually.

Front Office

A typical day at work consist of checking in and checking out my guest from the room and also required to do room reservation by calls or email. My co-workers are a group of fun people to work whereby we helped each other if we are in need of help. For example, if there is a hard guest that we can't handle by our self, we usually get help from the senior workers. The hardest part of the job would be checking in guest as guest expectations are usually high and we have to try our best that we meet their expectations. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you are able to work closely with your co-workers.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

shortage of manpower

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raffles Town Club. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Raffles Town Club with

Raffles Town Club Reviews by Location

• Raffles Town Club
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?