Raffles Town Club

Raffles Town Club Employee Reviews

Singapore7 reviews
Being a Graphic Designer in RTC requires a little bit of photography skills (taking photos for their club publication). It's alright if you don't have photography skills because they will teach you there!

The hardest part of the job is manually cutting and pasting the promotion posters (it's best to print it a week earlier so you have ample time to cut and paste the posters together). Other than that, you really have plenty of chances to hone your design skills.

You'll be expected to OT to take photos of the events (Christmas, NYE Party, etc) happening at the club (but you can discuss this with your colleague and take turns to stay). Other than that, OT-ing to do design work hardly happens, unless you're rushing for deadline.

Everyone else is nice if you do your job right and it's best to mind your own business to avoid any work politics.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Graphic Designer office has no window
Work is efficient and easy,Have a warm team, give me a warm internship
Great people at all levels of the company - joining make positive is like joining a family and everyone is supportive of each other and has a great time together
Interesting projects - I have worked at making positive for 4 years and no 2 projects are alike

A great culture - coming to work is fun and there are always nights out and something for everyone

Cons

Advice to Management

As the company grows to make sure that we keep the culture
Pros
free meal
Cons
I only work as a part time waiter and what i learn is to serve the guest at my best. The management is quite bad due to lack of manpower sometimes you'll have to handle more than 3 person's job back then. the hardest part of the job is to entertain the guests as some might complain that we are slow but we are doing our best but lacked manpower. I dont really know how the management is now. This is from the experience I had way back.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Lack manpower
Nice working place with six outlets, well management avery good team work, but very less salary. sometimes with spit shift, even weekends.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
less pay
Jumped into front line to communicate with customers and learned to fulfill all the inquiries of them. Learned sales techniques and worked in group and individually.
A typical day at work consist of checking in and checking out my guest from the room and also required to do room reservation by calls or email.

My co-workers are a group of fun people to work whereby we helped each other if we are in need of help. For example, if there is a hard guest that we can't handle by our self, we usually get help from the senior workers.

The hardest part of the job would be checking in guest as guest expectations are usually high and we have to try our best that we meet their expectations.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when you are able to work closely with your co-workers.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
shortage of manpower