Rainbow Centre

Rainbow Centre Employee Reviews

Singapore10 reviews

A company with compassion

It was a eye opening opportunity to be able to work with Rainbow centre. I was given a lot of learning opportunities and also overseas training opportunity. During my stay with Rainbow centre it has taught me a lot of values and equip me with the relevant skills required to work with my client.

Stressful inflexible

Although it is a meaningful career, it is stressful especially if you have lack of support, unclear expectations, and favouritism. A lot of multitasking due to short-staff. High turnover.

Pros

Learn a lot

Cons

Stressful, low morale

great

the job experience was voluntarily based hence i had no salary but it was purely for experience as i intend to apply for medicine at NUS hence this experience would be enriching

Meaningful working environment

It is a meaningful working environment, get to nurture children and their little milestones makes the job satisfactory. but the salary system goes by the tier / if you are a trained (NIE) teacher or not. but i have seen some non-trained teachers are more dedicated and passionate than those trained teachers. so their salary tier should not be looking at certificate, but the experience and work performance of one.

Good place

Good place with friendly people. Need great passion to continue on working there in the long run. Great learning experience and overall fun environment.

Good learning environment

Good learning environment especially as you will have a senior mentor. Mentor will assess your ability and ask for your input on activities and observations.

Pros

good learning environment

Cons

introverted colleagues

Productive and growing working place

A typical day at work would involve me reaching at 8am and starting up the cafe. I learned how to be a barista as well as do simple food preparations. I also taught special needs children how to work in an F&B environment. The management was good, and it was a conducive working environment. The workplace culture was great as I had amazing colleagues and the environment I was working in was healthy. The most enjoyable part of the job included training the children and watching them slowly grow and improve. It was indeed fulfilling.

Pros

Team lunches

Cons

Work to do outside of working time

Monotonous and predictable

Sole managing executive for estate works for entire school at Yishun. The culture is sadly misleading and divisive. Misplaced notion that operations work is a handyman job. Demands can be challenging and illogical. I have learned to empathise and see the neglected children of society.

Great place to learn about special education

A typical day at work involves picking children up from the arrival area and bringing them back to class. The students then follow a timetable for the day which has been put up by the teacher prior to the start of the day. All materials for lessons are to be prepared and ready to use once the students are engaged in the activity. It is very important to work closely with your co teacher as it sets the tone for the classroom and the students are able to pick up on how well the day is flowing. The hardest part of the job is being able to work hand in hand with co teachers, therapists and parents in order to set similar goals for the student and be in alignment with them. The most enjoyable part is seeing the children grow and learn despite their disabilities and knowing that you have made an impact in their lives.

Expansion of my knowledge on individual child needs and their family

A ground that develop my understanding on children needs and their uniqueness.My strong belief in Bronfenbrenner ecological theories on how each person involve in child life is crucial.Thus,Collaborating with child 's family through home visit and putting into practice what had been taught by therapists and seeing child's progress makes me feel positive and satisfied

Pros

school holiday and friendly staff

Cons

no prospect

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rainbow Centre. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Rainbow Centre with

Rainbow Centre Reviews by Location

• Rainbow Centre
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?