Regeneron

Regeneron Employee Reviews

Used to be better

A lot of people have left the company in the last year to work remotely and get paid more for doing the same kind of work. People leaving equals more work for the experienced people, also equals having to hire new people. But other places hire for more money, so now we hire less experienced people and pay them more than people who have been here for a few years and actually know how to do the work.

I was terminated with no warning

I worked through a temp agency. Performance was forbidden from being openly discussed with my manager, so there were days I felt I was doing fine and then I received a phone call after work (after hours) indicating that my performance was lacking. I only worked there for a month and some change, and my manager's standards were exorbitantly high about minutiae (PowerPoint presentation formatting and colors, font and spacing consistency) and her expectations for what I should be able to do or able to know at any given point was subject to abrupt change. It was the most anxiety-inducing work circumstances I've ever been apart of. A week ago I got my first and only warning that my eye for detail was lacking, which may have been fair criticism for anyone who hadn't been working there for only one month and was still training in many areas. The next week, after what I thought was some improvement, I was fired. The work culture is fine but you better hope you get a good manager. And trust my recommendation, try and find a full time job there and not a temp position. They fire their temps wantonly and with such little justification or warning. Some of us theorize they do so once our workload lightens and they don't want to pay us anymore, which happened in my case.

So much stress

Massively stressful job. They only way to advance is to cut the throat of the person next to you. Unrealistic targets all over the place. Management think they are gods gift to the pharma industry.

Pros

Good salary

Cons

everything else

One of the best jobs I’ve had

The environment in my department is very inviting and I have yet to have an issue with any coworkers or management. I absolutely love having supervisors and managers that are woman. There’s a clear line of communication and the work that you need to do. Granted other departments don’t operate in the same way but within my department there is a lot communication and at any point you can ask anyone for help and they won’t brush it off.

Pros

Benefits, pay, work/life balance, free breakfast certain days

Cons

Stressful, new SOPs every week, not all departments communicate effectively

Confusion and poor leadership. Poor lagistics for hardware. No one knows what's going on most days.

Horrible management. Poor focus on new hires. FTE's won't help train you. They manage through fear tactics. Poor onboarding support.Congratulations on running off talent!!!

Pros

Your satisfaction really depends on your personality, and whether you fit in with what they think is right.

I can only speak for manufacturing, but the culture at Regeneron in my experience is extremely “cult-y” and has a huge hive mentality. It’s very cliquey - feels kind of like a small college.It’s a lot of extremely Type A, young people that date each other / are married (even in management) and the management is kind of worshipped. There are definitely some great people in the mix, but the overall culture isn’t great in my opinion. The leading management of manufacturing tends to sends out super passive aggressive emails, and go on tirades of arrogant life lesson preachiness. It sorts of seems like everyone thinks they are the best of the best just because regeneron has called itself a great place to work - you’ll see a lot of arrogant young people. Ironically, it seems like everyone is still terrified of the management / making mistakes.Manufacturing is sort of seen as bottom tier in the company, and moving around to different departments seems to be difficult. From what I have seen, they would rather hire people outside of Regeneron than internal BPS’s that have been with the company for years. The benefits and pay are pretty good if you are coming out of college, and staying for a few years is doable, but manufacturing is definitely not a long term gig unless you’re really into it. It’s physically exhausting - be prepared to walk from building to building and gown / change multiple times a day.Overall, fine for a few years and pay is good enough to justify it, especially when you are getting on your feet.

Pros

Salary and benefits, free food and events

Cons

Weird culty culture, management is power drunk, extreme hive mentality

Great

Amazing company. I have loved it here and would absolutely love to come back , really helped me grow as a person professional and individually. Highly recommend

A weird cult like environment, you either buy in to it, or you are harassed. The management is a frat boy haven that has had many complaints, management does not appreciate or accept any suggestions, “just stay in your lane” is common feedback. The pay and benefits are good, especially coming out of school, but the honeymoon phase ends quick with some form of harassment, then a complaint is lodged, then the party is over. The scope and success of the business has grown in a short period of time, which has brought some real characters to upper level positions, and when a complaint or suggestion is lodged, they simply don’t know what to do? If you are unemployed, take the job, and benefits but realize that it will be short term, the turnover rate is abnormally high. The Regeneron experience is similar to the Circle. “The Circle (2017 film) “

Pros

Pay and benefits.

Cons

Cult like environment, with terrible management. DO NOT BRING ANYTHING UP!

Bad place to worj

Bad place to work if you are a contractor, criticism and giving bad energy to people. Contractor are not appreciated, they are excluded from things and treated like animals. Contracts are not been renewed and promotion is not guaranteed. Stay away from this bad company it’s not a good place to work

Pros

Criticism on contractor in everything they do

Cons

Bad bad bad I hate this place

Great Internship Program

I interned at Regeneron in Summer 2020. The internship was remote due to COVID 19, but the company worked hard to still provide a beneficial experience for their interns. Great Culture.

Pros

Cons

Pay could be higher, located in Albany

Management sucks

This place is great when you’re starting but slowly you start to encounter plenty of issues within the management. It’s very unsettling for you to have to do research on how and who to look for for concerns that are not acknowledged or addressed by on site management. In other words you have to a yes person

Competitive and stressful

Salary good. Lack of trust in the workforce, cameras everywhere to be seen - constantly checking on staff. Training was good but the job is demanding and stressful

Good workplace, not many cons

Regeneron compares quite well with other workplaces from the point of view of work/life balance, comp & Bens , opportunities for advancement and supportive management. The company focus on employee safety, training, continuous improvement and diversity & inclusion is remarkable.Con - Systems are quite outdated, hence, very simple and straightforward processes are unnecessarily labour intensive and headcount is high.

Overall good pay and nice people

My personal management was always fantastic. Overall good work environment. Flexible with scheduling and decent pay. Company culture is inclusive and supportive.

Fun and good place for an intern

I really liked it here, I wish I could have been given a full-time opportunity to continue. This place cares about its workers and is willing to put in the time if you are.

Fantastic place to work

Currently employed having spent time over my careers at other med device companies. This company is second to none at what they do. Manager are respectful and fair. Everyone loves their culture.

Cons

Good company, strong science, lots of politics, typical of big pharma.

Pay is average, unless a PHD difficult to advance. Good science depending on the group you join, lots of turnover int he company currently. Was an average experience.

Leadership, director level and above, have very little experience in management. It’s people who knows people.

Be prepared to work 50 to 60 hours a week and little opportunity for vacation, and have zero recognition. Pay is competitive, but 401k is way below the competition.

Pros

In some roles you can work from home two days out of the week.

Cons

Poor 401k, long work days of 10 hours or more, little to no recognition, leadership lack experience and training in management principles.

Not fun to work here

Not fun to work here. Because of managers that are unqualified to work here in the first place. Good pay and facilities plus other benefits make it an okay place

The timelines are lax, and there's free coffee

Therapeutic Proteins, Protein development. Projects never stop, but the work is extremely mundane. Even when there are obvious improvements to be made, saving time and money, upper management resists at every step. Blatant favoritism, retaliation to speaking out, and no idea what projects I'm contributing to, how, or why. A pretty terrible experience.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Management sucks, pay is mediocre for the field/location, favoritism on full display. If you don't have a PhD your opinion means nothing.

the company is good at biotechnology but its also has its cons

work culture is very badhr is cluelessmanagement is terriblemore pressure over hard workerAncient IT & quality systems.Managmnet does'nt addresses our isuues.Long and Stressfull working hours.

Pros

best at its industry.

Cons

no good health insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Regeneron. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Regeneron
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?