RHB Bank Berhad

RHB Bank Berhad Employee Reviews

Singapore26 reviews

Great place to learn

Great collegaues and learn many things about banking.IT very slow and system very ancient therefore very manual.However they are making effort to improve might be slow in catching up with more advanced banking system

Pros

Great colleague willing to teach

Cons

Long hour bad salary package

Good and stable bank

The Bank slogan is “Together we progress” and it is progressing which explain the work that needs to be done here and then.It is doing well with the change in management since 2020.

Pros

Cbd

Cons

Bad working environment

Relaxed workplace

A typical day at work starts at morning and ends early. By 6pm or latest 6.30 pm. Most enjoyable part of the job is that handling periodic review has no stress, work is done at a relaxed pace.

Family friendly

Good place for work/life balance and personal growth. Great platform for training and supportive leaders to encourage staff career growth. Colleagues are warm and friendly.

Overall the working environment is nice, staff are willing to assist. The company is moving towards digitalization and can become a big player in the coming years.

Good bank to work in

Good Bank to work in. Pro banking environment. Work life balance. Opportunity to grow. Good management and supportive colleague. Technology enabled bank. .

Its a very pleasent and challenging at the same time but i accept the challenged that has given to me.

What i learned the most is its always about teamwork.Willing to learn new things.Willing to be bos and a team member at the same time.I missing working with my team.But in life we must grow and move on.Thank you

Changes

The bank is attempting to move itself to run with it's competitors. Changes are therefore necessary. Currently it is still struggling to find ways and with that heads are being changed and directions are still not clear.

Employer that looks after employees well

RHB has been my only employer for the last 46 years and likely to retire on my 47 years of service. Management have been fair and took care of my welfare, career advancement, adequate remuneration and bonuses. I advanced from my first position as a bank teller to audit team leader, Branch Manager and retiring as Manager in the secretariat. How else can an employer retain me for so Long?

Silo Mentality

Pleasant working across departments and business units. Unfortunately, experienced silo mentality within the team. A simple job can be made difficult even by one team member with such an attitude which can impact operations, reduce employee morale and contribute to the overall failure of the team success.

Working hours

very flexible and convenient especially for working mother's. And, the hours and the schedule are really convenient for me. company provide a lot of benefits to staff

Pros

hard work is worth it

office hours

handling walk in customers learned to count huge amount of funds by hand balanced work life friendly workplace culture very manual going back at 6pm

Pros

office hrs

Productive Workplace

Customer/Market -Respond to Business Units requests and enquiries within a stipulated time line. -Collaborate with the Team Lead to engage the Business Units on a regular basis to resolve BAU issues and improve cooperation between the teams. -Actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of goals (i.e. develop a service-oriented culture within the team). -Provide department support (i.e. answering phone calls during lunch hour accordingly to weekly rotational assignments and ensure that phone calls are answered within a stipulated number of rings). Learning/Competitive Positioning -Maintain high standards for self-development to achieve/exceed the goals of the team and to derive satisfaction from achievement of goals and continuous improvement. -Develop a mind-set of continuous learning to keep up with the pace of change in the Bank and to be competent in the job assigned.

Pros

Work Life Balance

Cons

No chance to be converted to Perm because of no headcounts

Productive workplace

In a typical day, I plan ahead of my daily clients' appointments and meetings. I fulfilled my management tasks, meeting the clients, securing new accounts and investments and lastly reporting. Throughout the day I completed various administrative duties as well, including answering phones, drafting documents and emails, filing and greeting customers. I also provided strong customer service and resolved customer issues. The workplace culture believes in hardworking, informative environment. The hardest part is to compete with competitors to secure business. The most enjoyable experience is consistency performance and addressing the customer's needs. In my previous manager role with Insurance companies, I plan ahead my Business As Usual incoming business, overseeing staffs (on shore and off shore), project management timelines, and other administrative works as well.

Pros

Unlimited opportunities

Cons

Longer working hours in weekdays and working on weekend

daily routine of work. Very recently with the new management team, more politics, work environment fun part missing and work-life balance is missing. good and friendly colleagues.

Pros

good colleagues

Cons

fun part missing and work-life balance is missing

Fair

Overall fair working environment. Many processes are manual and there are plenty of duplicated functions. Issues faced are difficult to identify who is in charge of what.

Fun work place

1. Very good and helpful team mate 2. Able to upgrade myself throughout my 8 years with this company 3. Multi racial environment which will conduct events for every races

Pros

Celebration for every races events

Cons

Nice working environment in the airport

This job is very challenging bcoz sometimes the tourists are rushing for theirs flights and we do try best to do the transaction fast so they won't miss their flights.

Fun

Working hours 845-1800. Relative healthy work life balance for most people. Most people are friendly and fun to work with. However, not everyone is cooperative especially working across departments. A simple job can be made difficult due to such people. Its about taking responsibility.

fun workplace and great teamwork

lack of career prospect & training for self-upgrading. Lacked of manpower thus the long working hours to cover various job task. Variable bonus so below expectation.

Pros

family medical benefits

Generous Company

RHB Bank is a Malaysian bank with a lot of perks and staff welfare. Staff and management are very nice and humble colleagues and great working culture. Overall a generous company that I would recommend others to work at.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RHB Bank Berhad. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

RHB Bank Berhad Reviews by Location