Riot Games

Riot Games Employee Reviews

Not bad

free food, great people and benefits, work life balance. Unique gamer culturebut surprisingly political for such a small companyOverall would highly suggest to anyone that wants to work in a tech field.

Fun

Good job good environment would recommend job there anytime. The team was good to work with especially the night shift. I loved the space I was in all the time

Overall Good Learning Experience

Company is passionate about making a difference in the industry and for players. I learned a lot about the pros and cons of a solid company culture. You get to work with a lot of passionate talented people. Org experienced some growing pains at the time as it matured further and sought to develop its identity and structure as an organization.

Pros

On-Campus Cafeteria and fairly stocked Pantry, Playtests, Culture, Learning and Development Courses

Cons

Lower Salary, Inter-team Politics due to structure and organizational models

Great place, fantastic coworkers

Riot really cares about their employees, fantastic and creative coworkers who inspire you. You own your own product and career path which comes with responsibility, nobody will micro-manage you. Would recommend.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Long interview process

Fun remote

Did as a remote opportunity during university years.Answered many support tickets, was compensated through in game currency. Program has been discontinued as of 2020.

One of a kind job experience!

This was a one of a kind job experience. A lot of pros but then the cons would be management. Many people were put in manager roles with no experience.

Pros

Free food, fully stocked kitchens, company events

Cons

A lot of managers that showed favoritism and had no idea how to manage

Fun place to work

Riot will keep you busy but it is a fun place to work. They care about their employees and handled covid well by quickly sending folks home. They also provided everyone with 1k to help setup their wfh setup.

Unable to grow in company, unless willing to accept management's political views.

The long standing culture at Riot Games is one of misogyny, false wokeness, and "locker room talk". Over the years it has become a factory for managers with little to no experience who are hired based on their relationships to executives at the company to grow their resume while under performing in their role.

Pros

Free food, games on break

Cons

Company culture, management

Riot's not a place for everyone, but THE place for some

Riot's a unique company still catching up from an infrastructure standpoint from their massive expansion and success in the early 2010's. Being a part of that growth is challenging, but there's no better feeling of satisfaction of accomplishing your goals and making an impact in that environment, and an engaged player base. Riot is not for someone looking to coast for a little while, if you try to coast you'll stick out like a sore thumb.

Great working environment filled with passionate people

Everyone here is passionate about what they do. It's always easy to meet new people and start new conversations. Everyone here works hard and also knows very well how to balance that with good fun.

Buen entorno y colavorativo

Yo estuve de diseñadora freelance, así que ellos me contactaron para contratar mis servicios, por eso no hubo una entrevista como tal, más bien conocían mis trabajos. Pero la remuneración es justa, el ambiente es increíble y no lo cambiaba por nada.

Worked on the Support Team, not at the HQ

The job was demanding and the payment was not worth what was asked or required. Often time the team would be lead along with dreams but very little compensation followed

Great company to work for

Lots of talented colleagues and great company culture. I had a blast working for the company and felt well compensated. I've grown a lot as a person through my commitment in working at Riot Games

Excelente empresa

Equilibrio entre trabajo y vida personal, excelente ambiente laboral

Don’t bother if you don’t breathe videogames

It doesn’t matter how exceptional you are at your craft:if gaming isn’t your heart and soul you will be shunned. Note: I like playing games but not for my first hour of the day at work, 2-3 hours a day in the afternoon, another hour of games on campus after eating there, then going home and paying for several more hours with Theo-Le you just played for 5 hours with during the work day every single day. It’s worse if you’re a girl there is a very specific mold they expect there

Agile company that learns from its mistakes

The culture is second to none and the desire to have a positive work environment and willingness to help employees grow in any area they want is what Riot is all about. But you better love games!

Comfort Zone

Many folks fall into a comfort zone which leads to complacency, as it’s impossible to get fired here. The same complacent managers are recycled year after year with no accountability for results.

Pros

Work Life balance

Cons

Lack of any manager accountability

We Are Family

Her insanın bir kez olsun çalışmak isteyeceği türden bir şirket. Yaptığımız yüzlerce organizasyon ve etkinlikler her biri ayrı heyecandı. En önemlisi gurur vericiydi.

Mukemmel bir tecrube

Bu sektorde alabileceginiz en iyi tecrube Boyle bir firsat var ise elinizde kacirmayin derim

Great

Was a great place to work day to day with wonderful people always willing to help you grow and succeed in your goals. I have nothing but good things to say about the people and culture. It always felt like home coming into a job I thoroughly enjoyed.

Great work culture

I loved working for riot games, the culture was incredible and I felt very useful and accepted. there was always opportunity for growth. The most enjoyable part of the job was coordinating the live shows.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Riot Games. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Riot Games with

• Riot Games
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?