SalonCentric

SalonCentric Employee Reviews

Retail, customer service

Great place, very low pay. Loved working in beauty industry related job, but the pay was not proportional to the demands of the job. Store was under-staff. Great coworkers!

easy to grasp

A very easy entry level job.. the pay is average.. work some weekends not all.. just show up and be on time and you it can be the best job you ever had

Pros

very generous with free product

Cons

no overtime

Decent job

Pro: Compensation, rewarding benefits and stable work-life balance.Cons: Working no more than 15 to 18 hours per week, standing all day working heavy workload from shipment and often by yourself with little to no lunch breaks.

Great job but wide range of productiveness

I love working for salon centric and being a part of the team. They definitely value your work life balance but I would say sometimes too much because I only get 11.5 hours if I’m lucky so even with the good pay it’s still the same as working a minimum wage job. But when you are working you’re constantly on your feet moving around boxes from the shipments that consistently come in.

Pros

Work/ life balance Good pay

Cons

Not a lot of hours working by yourself

Not a horrible place to work but you must be flexible about the day to day mood swings and what your role is with upper management

I've worked here, Have risen through the ranks. As with any company when new management comes in things change. What the vision was before isn't anymore.

Pros

Pays the bills

Cons

What you want and what you need isn't real high on the priority list

Fun place to work many different activities are done throughout the year.

My job is collecting payments and calling customer for past due as well as answering call as we are a call center department. Making sure that all calls are recorded and noted on Salesforce.

Don’t bother

Management in this company is a joke. I don’t wanna go into too much of details because obviously with what I would say they would know exactly who I am. Company does not care about you AT ALL. Their last priority is finding employees for support in stores which is the most ridiculous thing in this. (: I was so excited to work for L’Oreal thinking that this was going to be an amazing opportunity to advance in a company. I was lied to coming into this job and I’m still being lied to while being here. There can be no work or life balance when there are no employees to work. Raise your minimum pay and hire more people. This company needs to do better at finding district managers and managers for their stores. Staff is most definitely a joke.

Was fun at first.

Micromanagement, lack of communications, management is very incompetent. Front office managers have no sense of direction. Firing good people for lack of training as well as hear say.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Poor leadership

Decent Company

No advancement opportunities once you reach store manager. Culture is ok but not inclusive. Loved my small team within the store but goals were often unrealistic. Good benefits though.

Pros

Good insurance

Cons

Poor managment

Favorite job

Lots of perks and great staff. Too For growth. Was a great company that paid well. The only downfall was the long hours and working holidays and weekends.

Pros

Pay, products, discounts

Cons

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at SalonCentric?

El ambiente y ética de algunos líderes

El ambiente algunos días esta Super bien y divertido, otros dias no tanto. El compañerismo es fatal todo velan por lo suyo, Los líderes o Supervisadas tienen sus favoritas y esas la apoyan o defiende de todo

Flexible and fun

Always meeting new people and learning something new. Fun promotions to prepare for and a flexible work environment. Management was always extremely understanding and helpful.Overall, it was a good part time job.

Horrible place to work. No support or growth

This employer is not supportive, they do not offer help. You must be willing to work 24/7 without proper pay, no breaks given and you work alone closing and opening. Very unsafe

Store Manager

Great company with a lot of perks and benefits. L’Oréal consistently asks for feedback on any areas we’d like to see improvement. It’s a company that values all employees, listens to us, respects us and genuinely takes care of us in so many ways. I am so grateful to be apart of this beautiful company.

Productive and fun atmosphere

It’s one of the best jobs I have ever had! The pay is fair and the work load is heavy. It’s a fun atmosphere and great training.You also get great industry discounts.

Pros

Great discounts

If you love Cosmetology, this is the place!

First off, I LOVE working here as an aspiring hair stylist. They offer all the tools to help you succeed, and they will put you on the path to advancement. This job is what you make of it. Closed mouths don’t get fed. There are a lot of networking opportunities right at your feet working here. My manager is very helpful and understanding. They are short staff so lots of hours available so make sure your precise if you work at a salon, on days you can work. Wish they paid more, that’s the only flaw.

Outdated & Stagnant

The expectation of workload on a single manager is insane compared to the measly 79 hrs given to run a store each week. Staffing is a huge issue and the systems are so outdated.

Pros

Benefits, discounts

Cons

Expected to give up life & die working any hours that employees call out or don’t show up for.

Perfect for those who can handle upset customers

I loved this job. Management is incredibly supportive (I was going through some very personal emergencies and had fallen asleep at work as well as having to leave well within my first 90 days) and instead of writing me up, HR called me to ask me if I was doing ok. My only complaint is that when I had to run to the ER on a work day (I have a chronic illness and made management aware when I started) I was written up for it. I also had my car break down on me and, even though this job was clearly flexible and could be done from home, I was told that I had to find a way to the office on weeks that we were supposed to be in the office. Employees with seniority (Management, etc.) were allowed to work remote only, while any new employees were required to obtain a health exemption in order to work full-time remote. The only reason I left this job was to go back to school and to relocate to another state. Sick days/PTO were amazing, given to you up front so you can use them when needed so long as it is approved in advance.

Pros

Amazing management, Extensive Training, Benefits

Cons

Unpaid Breaks, Limited OT

Just like high school, with beauty products.

The workload is all over the place, resulting in over time that later isn't recognized when it comes around time for bonuses. You always "almost" got it. Summers are hot and not temperature regulated with a few fans around. The pay is low in comparison, benefits are subpar. In ability to trust upper management. Warehouse manager let's personal feelings influence business decisions. Little to no room for advancement, those that do are less than qualified or lack professionalism and are purely put in the positions based on popularity.

Pros

Ppe, salon products

Cons

Management, lack of ability to advance

Challenging

The company has high expectations and big store goals. There is a lot to learn to do the job well. It can be very challenging and the pay is often just slightly over minimum wage. This often doesn’t feel balanced with the work load. Making connections and building relationships with the customers in the community is often the best part. Saloncentric sells great products and if you are passionate about the industry it is exciting. Great discount. Most stores are short staffed so it can be difficult to get time off, on the other hand if you are looking to pick up extra hours they are always available. Things constantly are changing and updating so you have to be able to roll with those changes.

Pros

Great discount and paid vacation for full time employees

Cons

Low pay

Zero help from above and unrealistic goals.

Free and discounted product is not enough to stay at this job. Very labor intensive, really like part time warehouse with heavy boxes. Prepare to sweat at work, work alone quite a bit with no breaks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SalonCentric. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• SalonCentric
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?