Samsung Electronics

Samsung Electronics Management reviews

Singapore64 reviews
I like to work this company Long term . I have to learn from my management to lots of technical knowledge. I like company rules and regulations and safety and quality policy.
Good Learning experience for junior roles with great exposure and opportunities.
However, it might be harder to progress further than middle management due to frequent changes of top management which often meant a change of direction.
Samsung C&T Corporation has meant a lot to me.
We work 5,5 days a week. Work with excellent culture, fast response and able to multitask is a standard to work with Korean company.

The management was steady, all people work with their specialization.
Many races in a company make us understand well to respect each other,

different culture but we work with same vision.

the hardest part of the job, sometimes need to do overtime until 11PM consecutive and have to come office in the morning.

Most enjoyable part was we having a snack break, and eat together as a team.
Pros
Excellent work culture
Cons
Long Hours
Working at Samsung is different every single day, there will be new obstacles each day we go to work which makes it challenging but at the same time let us expand our knowledge of how things work. Lacking in work-life balance as work timing is not fixed and work can end late most of the days and amount of job per day takes up all of our energy for the day. Management wise in the company is considered quite good as there is interactions between higher ups and yourself to discuss on any matters.
Pros
Contract bonus
Cons
Very long hours & too much jobs per day
Get ready for challenges and ups and downs with the management. They pay decent but good bye to your work life balance as there would be none. Weekends will be affected with so many messages and calls. A toxic working enviroment.
A typical day at work would be approaching customers and asking them questions regarding what they are actually looking for and then promoting to customers about our product, convincing them, countering other brands and closing the deal.

What I've have learned in this industry and job is that the Sales world is very competitive and you need to be very careful in everything you do to ensure that there are no snatching of customers/sales etc.

The management and workplace culture are very different every time due to the constant changes of branches but most of the experiences are pleasant, not much conflict with the Full-Timers or Staffs.

Hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with competitive Sales Assistant that are working in the same environment with you but are under a different brand as things can easily turn unpleasant even over small misunderstandings.

The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely seeing your hard work paying off at the end of the day as the sales you have worked hard for will be counted as your commission.
Pros
High Commission
Cons
Long hours of standing
Not good. Not understanding. A lot of rules which is not really needed. Contradicting. Their ways of teaching sales is not good. Even though I already have experience in the sales line.
Pros
The pay
Cons
It is very tough and need a lot of coordination with the authority. Also need to coordinate with our sub-contractors and our management. It’s very tough work.
Pros
No comments
Cons
No comments
- Work environment is not motivating nor inspiring.
- Leadership is high handed and operate in a harsh and unreasonable manner.

- No autonomy given

- Organisation working in silos

- typically locals are excluded from decision making processes
Pros
employee staff sales program
Cons
lack of autonomy, very operational and bad culture
The management fully knows and understands the work. Different techniques were thought to me during my stay with Samsung C&T. The hardest part of the job is closing the accounts. But nevertheless, it's worth it to be part of a prestigious project.
Pros
Recognition of work done by the management
Cons
6 day work
- Backdated Korean management style
- Limited advancement opportunities
- Limited opportunities to explore ideas/creativity

- Although MNC, still very Korean based
Pros
Good Company Brand Name
Cons
Backdated Culture
Daily operation tasks such as part sharing, delivery shipment, negotiate with suppliers on pricing, lead time, delivery schedules.
Manage reports to the management
Handle and lead a team
Dealing with warehouse and logistics issues
Cons
Very relax place to work and commission is good. You will know it's a typical day at work when you start to feel sleepy. And the management is fair in my opinion. Despite it being a sales job,they dont really rush to close on targets. The hardest part of the job is handling customers. If you are not patient enough,one single harsh comment made can cause a huge commotion. But that is quite rare as most customers knows what they want to purchase.
Pros
Great incentives and relaxed environment
Cons
Working in retail hours.
I like to face challenging job and overcome with solutions. I learned different type of work scopes that worked under deferent EPCM like- ExxonMobil, Lend Lease, CH2M HILL, M+W Zender and many others. I got fully support from my management. I always enjoyed with my job so difficult to say specific moment.
Strong R&D and ambitious company
Well procedure and lots of controls monitoring

Reward people well based on their performance

Care for the staffs from top management
Conduct training through the years
Pros
reward achievers
Cons
my main duty for the position is to collate sales information into reports for management analysis purposes and the whole day i handle only data. However, i managed to learn the technique of using pivot tables in excel to present the relevant data and update data on a regular weekly basis. The management are great as we are free to communicate using communicator and whatapps. I only report to 2 managers but my colleagues in office are friendly and willing to teach you. The most enjoyable time working there is when I am able to learn new things every day and get the reports completed on time. I can learn new products of the company as they do provide internal product training for staff with lunch provided. The biggest turnoff from there is the aircon is really cold. Very stressful at work most of the time. The lunch places there are very expensive and crowded too.
Pros
frequent team lunch and dinner, good training on products for staff
Cons
over time work without pay, expensive lunch places
An interesting and highly successful company with a unique work environment and strong Korean culture.
It was very enjoyable working with colleagues, many of them the best in their field and be part of the exciting world of leading technology and latest gadgets.

Samsung is a brand one cannot help being proud of however some senior managers struggle with anger management issues, lack of professional behavior and common courtesy.
What I liked most about my time in Samsung was the freedom of tryinig out new ideas and overall support for creativity.
Pros
Leading edge technology, fast decision making, great salary & benefits, enteprenerial spirit
Cons
Poor management, reactive decision making, poor planning/strategy, disconnect between Korean and non-Korean staff, strong hyerarchy, language barrier - many employees do not speak English
Heavy press for mission but it is helpful to upgrade myself.

I learned management skills, multi-functional teams across several geographical locations, problem solving.

Highly educated co-workers

The hardest part: insufficient man power, too many reports and materials to prepare

Enjoyable part: training chances
Pros
support free housing, and free meats
Cons
long working hours per day
Great team and management and will help people to gained more experience
Working hours from 0730h to 1800h.
I have learned to be a better safety personnel.

Management is good that they support safety.
Co-workers are very knowledgeable and willing to teach.

Hardest part of the job is communication break down with foreign workers.
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
nil
You will learn a lot in working with Samsung. My last two projects in Samsung which are both power plants makes me busy everyday. Experienced a lot of pressure but very fulfilling upon attaining my goal. Management are very supportive and accommodating.

During the end part of the project is the hardest part because we have to commission the plant in order to handover to client on time.