Samsung Electronics

Samsung Electronics Employee Reviews

Singapore64 reviews
Good
I like to work this company Long term . I have to learn from my management to lots of technical knowledge. I like company rules and regulations and safety and quality policy.
Challenging work
Good company with great and understanding leaders and colleagues where you are respected of your opinions and work is reviewed every now and then to achieve optimum results
Dynamic, Challenging and KPI driven environment
Daily operation tasks such as part sharing, delivery shipment, negotiate with suppliers on pricing, lead time, delivery schedules.
Manage reports to the management

Handle and lead a team

Dealing with warehouse and logistics issues
Cozy work place
Sales representative office, nice working location and environment. Nice bosses to worked together and no over time. Overall life and work balanced work.
Pros
Enjoyed quiet working environment
Cons
alone in the office
A very good place to expose to customer service area and sales
Very relax place to work and commission is good. You will know it's a typical day at work when you start to feel sleepy. And the management is fair in my opinion. Despite it being a sales job,they dont really rush to close on targets. The hardest part of the job is handling customers. If you are not patient enough,one single harsh comment made can cause a huge commotion. But that is quite rare as most customers knows what they want to purchase.
Pros
Great incentives and relaxed environment
Cons
Working in retail hours.
Construction
I like to face challenging job and overcome with solutions. I learned different type of work scopes that worked under deferent EPCM like- ExxonMobil, Lend Lease, CH2M HILL, M+W Zender and many others. I got fully support from my management. I always enjoyed with my job so difficult to say specific moment.
Well respected technologic company
Strong R&D and ambitious company
Well procedure and lots of controls monitoring

Reward people well based on their performance

Care for the staffs from top management

Conduct training through the years
Pros
reward achievers
Nil
A typical day at work starts with clearing of emails and attending to phone calls from internal colleagues and external agencies or candidates.
Nice environment but aircon too cold
my main duty for the position is to collate sales information into reports for management analysis purposes and the whole day i handle only data. However, i managed to learn the technique of using pivot tables in excel to present the relevant data and update data on a regular weekly basis. The management are great as we are free to communicate using communicator and whatapps. I only report to 2 managers but my colleagues in office are friendly and willing to teach you. The most enjoyable time working there is when I am able to learn new things every day and get the reports completed on time. I can learn new products of the company as they do provide internal product training for staff with lunch provided. The biggest turnoff from there is the aircon is really cold. Very stressful at work most of the time. The lunch places there are very expensive and crowded too.
Pros
frequent team lunch and dinner, good training on products for staff
Cons
over time work without pay, expensive lunch places
There will Job Work/Life Balance working in Samsung, the only weakness is the Competitive/political sale culture where not every work professional can adapt
Pros
Cons
Competitive/political sale culture
Korean Management with Chinese Staff
SAP system based
Effective work process

Communication problem sometimes

Friendly environment

Tight schedule on daily jobs

Longer working than normal working hours
Document Controller
PROJECT: SINGAPORE LNG
• Prepare transmittals for documents to be issued

• Maintain incoming and outgoing registers

• Responsible for ensuring completeness of incoming documents/drawings as per transmittal received/issued

• Filing of incoming/outgoing documents/drawings

• Control of all incoming and outgoing documents to ensure easy retrieval

• Maintain procedure documents, site instructions and technical queries in a proper file system

• Distribute documents/drawings to respective discipline Engineer or as per distribution matrix

• Responsible for ensuring accuracy of file numbering and indexing for traceability

• File and organize documents, drawings and data for the project both in hard and electronic copies

• Retrieval of required documents and drawings for documentation

• Copying of files in soft and hard copies

• Liaise with internal/external department/vendors to ensure that all documents are managed and maintained properly

• Responsible for ensuring information pertaining to Engineering deliveries consisting of documents, drawings and technical queries are correctly captured

• Assist in final documentation work where required

• Extensive knowledge in MS Office, including MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access & MS Outlook

• Engineering project background and knowledge including familiarity with Engineering documents such as reports, datasheets, list and drawings

• Vendor Data project background and knowledge including familiarity with vendor documents

• Assists the test pack Coordinator for tracking and reporting of instrument test package status and marking
 - more...
Shaybah
To have the opportunity to utilize my acquired skills and knowledge in my chosen field and be a part of the institution in achieving goals through my experiences. Learn more on every task especially on related to my trade area.. A strong team worker with the ability to maintain a calm and steady approach even under immense. Work load and pressure and willing to work long hours to get the work done.
Cons
12 hours
Productive and fun at work place
Each and every day i enjoy and learn something with end of the day.
i meet many people in my project from consultants and subcons and client side.
Productive and fast pace environment
Fast-pace, reasonable workload, benefits for overtime.
Long hours and hierarchical system.

Greatly organized policy and work flow.

Great company benefits such as accommodation, food, shuttle buses provided.
Pros
paid accomodation, food and transport
Cons
long hours and workload
A fast paced dynamic work place
An interesting and highly successful company with a unique work environment and strong Korean culture.
It was very enjoyable working with colleagues, many of them the best in their field and be part of the exciting world of leading technology and latest gadgets.

Samsung is a brand one cannot help being proud of however some senior managers struggle with anger management issues, lack of professional behavior and common courtesy.

What I liked most about my time in Samsung was the freedom of tryinig out new ideas and overall support for creativity.
Pros
Leading edge technology, fast decision making, great salary & benefits, enteprenerial spirit
Cons
Poor management, reactive decision making, poor planning/strategy, disconnect between Korean and non-Korean staff, strong hyerarchy, language barrier - many employees do not speak English
Heavy press and good support
Heavy press for mission but it is helpful to upgrade myself.

I learned management skills, multi-functional teams across several geographical locations, problem solving.

Highly educated co-workers

The hardest part: insufficient man power, too many reports and materials to prepare

Enjoyable part: training chances
Pros
support free housing, and free meats
Cons
long working hours per day
Fun work place
Answering phone calls
providing trouble shooting steps

providing excellent customer service experience

providing first call resolution
Pros
Free OT lunch
Fun Workplace
Great team and management and will help people to gained more experience
Result oriented environment
Samsung is the global Korean MNC. I am very proud that I could contribute to the company as an one of team mebers.was a member and co
Good working place
Working hours from 0730h to 1800h.
I have learned to be a better safety personnel.

Management is good that they support safety.

Co-workers are very knowledgeable and willing to teach.

Hardest part of the job is communication break down with foreign workers.
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
nil
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Samsung Electronics. Our community is ready to answer.
3.2K