Savills

Savills Employee Reviews

Will only recommend for those that are willing to learn in a very fast-paced environment.

Very fast-paced and stressful environment which require long working hours and the pay is just not justified with the amount of time input not because of the daily work but is because of the reporting/meeting/politics/deadline to meet etc. Corporate ladder is very low as this is an outsource accounting/asset management company. The management are generally very easily approachable but there is no much help as the budget and progression on your career are set by the client company. Overall, no work-life balance and also no personal progression but in return of learning opportunities for accounting knowledge. Therefore, advise to endure and work only few years and move on to a better company or the company that you want to. By the way. Love the management.

I've worked for Savills, for just over a year, lots of opportunities to move forward.

Fantastic company, I work with a great team. I've had great support from day one with this company. I manage a building in the Cardiff city centre, had great support from Savills. I started as security in the building, but Savills took me on as building manger.

Pros

Lots of training

Cons

Non

Management is good but salary is very poor

Management is nice and supportive. My manager and supervisor listen to our suggestion. Downside is that salary is very poor comparing to all tasks we do.

Pros

Cons

Very poor salary

Stressful and an overall lack of opportunity

Savills is a great place to work if you enjoy doing two jobs for the salary of one. Responsibility is piled on at an early stage with little to no guidance or training with an almost ignorant sink or swim attitude. The expectation is perfection for not a lot of overall recognition or opportunity. An overarching lack of support in a very top heavy hierarchal structure. Look elsewhere.

Great Colleagues, Questionable Leadership Decisions

The teamwork and general support through colleagues is amazing, most are friendly and always willing to help. Benefits are a great bonus, however the salary is not as good as other similar jobs I've seen advertised. Management team often pile on lots more work than can be covered and although there are supported training and progression options, the turnover rate seems quite high

Pros

Great benefits, 25 Days AL + Bank Holidays, Great Team

Cons

Workloads, Lacking HR Support, Low Salary

Never work security for this company

Worked at lakeside shopping centre for them. For a little while. Worst job ever. Esecurity expected to do everything and the management don't back you up for anything. They Sack people like there is no tomorrow. Very dangerous working environment and you have to watch your back from head management all the time. That's why they can't recruit there. Everybody either leaves after a short while or gets sacked because the company are scum. Avoid them at all costs

Pros

Salary not too bad. Training provided

Cons

Dangerous working place. Not paid for breaks

Poor expertise just focus on targets

Poor experience and expertise with low understanding of how to engage a customer, convey honest and clear information. Expectation is for the customer to read every detail so agents really have great work-life as there's not much work to do and they are protected when customers challenge them.

Pros

no hard work

Cons

lose competence

Decent.

Decent management as far as I'm aware, haven't had any issue so far. If your someone that enjoys long hours and alone company, then this jobs for you. Don't expect any social life as hours do take a toll. The job role isn't nothing to difficult, just the basic security procedures; Patrols/check calls/monitoring CCTV systems & access control systems, welcoming visitors & contractors etc.

Pros

Company benefits

Cons

Long hours / No social life

It's a nice place to work. I like meeting people who visit the shopping centre where I work

The company I work for are a nice company to work for. I feel satisfied with what I have done at the end of each day.I get a lot of comments of appreciation from the public

Good Company but pay not so good

Great company to work for but the pay isn’t that good. Also you have to work 1 in 3 Saturdays but no other propertyManagers in savill have to work weekends that I can’t understand

Rotten to the core

More interested in saving and making money than anything else! Cut staff numbers in all departments and expect you to pick up the slack with no extra benefits or even a thank you!

Fantastic company

Friendly, inclusive and professional team, one of the best workplaces I ever worked at.Job design and pay could use some improvement to increase retention.

I really enjoyed my time

It’s fast paced, extremely fast paced. I love working under pressure and to tight deadlines others don’t and that shown in the turnover of staff. I look back on my time at Savills fondly. For reference I worked in the finance department.

Pros

Close to home

Cons

Pay is poor in credit control

Really enjoyed working at Savills

Fantastic experience. Plenty of training to progress. Salary snd commission reviews were regular. Happy and relaxed team. Everyone was welcoming, approachable and helpful. I learnt a lot at Savills and had the chance to meet other employees from other offices across the country.

The problem lay with management, changed so many times, not a safe environment to work in, you're doing a lot more than the job description, had to fight for a wage rise and still underpaid for what you do especially if you have both badges.Cover guards sitting around for there whole shift on there mobile so you're doing the job of two and management don't bat an eye but god forbid if you're an in-house guard and make an honest mistake you're in that office so quick and up for a disciplinary.Staff were the ones keeping it running at Princes Square especially over Covid and yet they still didn't see how much the staff were loyal to help out. Promises where made so many times yet still no change especially when it came to staff and tenants safety. They have unlicensed Guards in a control room,never any chance of moving up. typical it's who you know that counts. I've of the most unsecured buildings I've known. The only pros I can give savills at Princes Square were the rate of pay goes up every year and you get a bonus at the end of the year. If they just sort out management and Security issues Princes Square would be a great environment to work in. Typical large company all about profit and loss who cares about the staff and what they think and feel. It's the staff that keep it running especially long term staff. Companies should remember that, the simple thing of keeping your staff happy.

Pros

Pay rises every year+bonus

Cons

Typical large company all about profit and loss and who cares about the staff

Quite challenging

Very challenging at times with a lot of anti social behaviour but that is like everywhere these days. Hours are not the best. Rate of pay is above average but could be better. Management have been fine and supportive.

Pros

Cons

On your feet for long periods. Youth disorder

Good Company to Work for

They’ll train you and let you develop and progress your career, no favouritism. You work with the best people in the industry and you can learn a lot.

Pros

Independence, good work culture

Cons

Poor work life balance

工作環境質素好

我有大約4年半左右的顧客服務主任經驗以及超過六年左右保安經驗,此外,很久以前曾任職記律部隊經驗;當中工作於不同崗位,和了解了一些工作中的技巧⋯⋯,以應付工作上所需;從東涌喜萊登工作期間的經驗及經歷很特別,有別於以往的顧客服務類型,由從當初地盤至開幕,我都是一個女士自己返通宵更,處理了很多事情,都係不簡單及容易;印象深刻的是有位女士於商場內的酒吧🍺喝醉,導致不醒人事,我一手一腳跟着這單case,其實,都覺得酒店環境好靚好不錯。另人很開心及很心壙神始。

Good company to work with

It’s a good company to work with, people are nice and you will enjoy if you have social skills. Supporting from management is limited, you are on your own most of the time, you need to find the answer by yourself .

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Lacked of support

Collaborative with flat structure

Savills provides opportunities for anyone to progress in their career. There is a strong team ethos and a sense of purpose to the business with lots of diversity in the types of people and skills sets.

Fun Work place

Fun Work Place and nice people to work with.Good working experience, benefits and most especially, I received a very good salary. during the interview, they respond very quick.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Savills. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Savills with