SBS Transit

SBS Transit Management reviews

Singapore53 reviews
Encouraging the people to develop their skills and also provide training in related area.They make sure the safety and healthy of all level staffs. Management take care subordinates as friendly.
They care for the older workers more than youngsters. They tend to take care of themselves first instead defending their own team. Once you made a mistake, you are being targeted. People working there dont take initiative, only know how to act blur live longer. Those who leave are either they can work very well, or they cant work at all.
After graduation from University, I had gotten a job which is filled with lower education colleagues that had been working for more than 5 years. Extremely bad culture with seniors bullying junior employees regardless of your ranks upon entry. Extremely bad culture where bosses do not recognised your contributions but always finding your faults. If it was not for the better salary, I would have left much earlier.
Stressful
A lot of training provided. Very Good.

Some management are good (depends on which interchange)
Split Shift is the hardest part of the job.
Overall are very Good
Pros
Full time
Cons
standard
To begin with, i record the data of bus timing, bus plate number, number of passengers entry/exiting the buses on the record sheet at various bus stops in Singapore.

I learnt to sharpen my estimation skills, hence providing a more accurate data. I also learnt that an eye for detail is very important, and hence, i acquired this skills.

The management is quite lenient and flexible.

Moving on to the workplace culture, it is teamwork based and accountability is very important. I have to report to my supervisors about my whereabouts and be responsible for my work done.

The hardest part of the work is that, it tends to get crowded during peak hours, and it tends to be challenging to keep track of the headcounts of the number of people entering/ exiting the bus. (required for data entry)

The most enjoyable part of the work is that this enables me to be a freelance worker, i can have worklife balance and work at my own will.
Good working & learning environment
Understanding supervisors/senior management
Good co-workers.
Steep learning curve.

However salary could be better
Pros
Good learning work place
Cons
Salary could be better
Good to be there but unfotunately my contract was end. The management easy to communicate. Good benefit. Bonus. Medical. N special leave. Nothing much can say im verry happy worked with this company
Pros
Medical benefit
Cons
Under contract staff
Low level in Management Systems... Low increment... At the same time i gain a lot of experienced through staffs and trainer... The most enjoyment moment we get to meet new people eveyday...
Good enviroment with skill management. Just follow the rules then no problem, also with good salary, ot and bonus. That all what i can say right now..
Pros
Free uniform every year
Good working

Got good knowledge

Know material handling

Working time enough

Safe courses
Pros
free lunch
Cons
safe work, interesting job
Most enjoyable part of the job was when doing maintenance with team mates. All sweat & got dirty doing the job.

Ignoring management who talk big & (NATO) but cannot get their hands dirty.
Pros
Lots of OT & best camaraderie while at work.
Cons
Pay package low for applicants with working experience & entry level.
The experience was okay. I learned a lot of things from this work. The job culture is okay Aldo. The management was quite well there.
Pros
Free lunch.
Cons
Long hours.
Dealing with thousands of passengers daily, ensuring that safety and security of passengers comes first above all. I have learned a lot of technical skills, I've learned to drive a train and operates train related equipment. The management always prepare training plans for the staffs to upgrade and refresh their knowledge which are very crucial in railway industry. It is fun to work here as you will always encounter people from different walks of life. The most difficult part of my job is whenever there's a disruption of operations as there will always be a lot of irate passengers that we need to handle accordingly. The most enjoyable part of it is very relaxing job as long as no disruption of operations.
Pros
Additional Wage Supplement, free transportation
Good company for anyone who's looking for a stable career and work life balance.

Most enjoyable part is having colleagues who works together with you.

Management is commendable.

I learnt the necessary tools of what is required in a professional setting.
Pros
Incentives
normal time 8hours
most learn place services

happy working

long hour and more ot

salary very good

time working okay

management very ok
Cons
long hour