SEA, Ltd.

SEA, Ltd. Employee Reviews

A unique, growing company who truly cares about their employees, their clients, and their place in the industry

- Great company culture- Employees with a lot of diverse backgrounds and experience- Focus on not just client service, but employee betterment as well- Management who listens and acts- We are at the forefront of the industry and always learning, so every day is different- Can be challenging at times, but there's always someone willing to jump in and help- There's a true investment in retention and tenure- There's a continual focus on always trying to be better as a company, both internally and externally

Pros

The employees make the company, employee owned, great benefits, constant change and adaptation to fit industry and employee needs

Cons

Currently not very diverse, sometimes takes management a while to make difficult decisions

Early hours, not so nice people

Easy work but terrible training. A few people had very little patience for the temps and seemed extremely unhappy working there, even though they had been there anywhere from 5 to 10 or more years. One person had the absolute worst attitude I have ever witnessed in a grown adult. They cuss at you, say horrible things about others within earshot of you, and just overall seem miserable. The work itself is easy and there is PLENTY of downtime when it isn't busy season or if a shipment hasn't arrived yet. I would never refer this place to anyone unless you want to be treated horribly.

Run away!

I do not recommend this company to anyone ! Specially if you belong to a minority group. The culture is non-inclusive at all and the environment is "toxic" and full of "micro-management". The pay rate and benefit is as good as their competitors but the environment is very miserable. The management constantly encourage tenured staff to spy on you- Anything you say or do will be reported and became an issue ! If you care about your mental health, steer away !

A good place to rest

Worked as a candle technician for many years. Overall it's really good- paid vacation, great time off policies, good benefits. The schedule is strange no matter what shift you work on but with 4/10's work/life balance isn't too bad. It gets busy in the fall, and with ample OT available it is easy to burn yourself out. The biggest downside is there isn't really any kind of promotion- once a candle tech always a candle tech unless you apply out.

Pros

ample overtime during peak season, great time off, 3 day weekends

Cons

no upward mobility, strong smells and smoke(in the candle lab specifically)

SEA is the place for a career, not just another job.

SEA has an exceptional learning culture and management genuinely cares about growth and retention of employees.I’ve held several roles at SEA, and they evolve with me and where I want to take my career.

Pros

Company invests in continuing education, creates unique roles when staff wants to grow.

Cons

With workplace flexibility, some days it’s tough to turn off the work computer

I loved working the season here.

Good hours with breaks here and there, people were friendly and fun to talk to. Cooperates are running a business, so there’s so annoying things sometimes like uniforms and tattoo/ piercing rules. Would recommend for a good seasonal job, or a career if you love candles.

Enjoyable atmosphere.

Worked seasonal. 10 hour shifts. 4 days a week. 3 day weekends. Options for shifts were 4:30am-2:30pm or 3:30pm-1:30am. Round the clock candle quality control sustained 7 days a week. Great atmosphere, had multiple catered lunches for doing well & a really nice Christmas party.

Unique and Rewarding Place to Work

I cannot say enough positive about this company. From the way they handled the pandemic to truly caring about employee well-being, to the challenging and intriguing work. You can tell a lot about a company through tenure and people come to SEA and stay.

Pros

Interesting work, management, benefits

Ok company but terrible management

Pay is ok. Benefits are terrible. Employee owned company (say less). Entry level administrative duties. Would not recommended for professionals. Do thorough research before applying.

SEA, Best company to work for in Ohio

Simply put, if I did not have to relocate down south, I would retire here. Simply amazing.Work environment was energetic, and professional. There is a challenge around every corner. Unless you do not want to improve there, you will leave a better person and employee.

This job provided a interesting and varying work

I worked there for 33 years and my job eliminated for cost cutting reasons. Up till that point I enjoyed the company. The lab was well equipped for our work.

Pros

Good working environment, minimum supervision, allowed to perform the work without micromanaging

Cons

Elimination of my position when overall the company was doing well.

Encompasses the Best of Both Worlds

SEA is a professional and innovative company that maintains a family-like atmosphere loyal to its roots. Due to the nature of our company, I work with many people that are able to provide a wealth of knowledge on many different interesting topics. It is refreshing to work with passionate individuals everyday that share a common interest in science and accuracy. Management encourages innovative thought and creative ideas for how to improve on a task, however large or small. At SEA, I feel like I am apart of a strong team, and I look forward to watching our future grow.

Challenging and Rewarding Place to Work

SEA, Ltd. provides a great work environment where you can collaborate with team members, find challenging and rewarding work. Very team oriented, which makes it an enjoyable place to work.

Great Company Culture, Rewarding Work

The company offers a lot of autonomy once a person is trained. Very mature environment, no micro management. Training is lengthy but thorough. You grow your career at SEA not through dozens of job title changes but through technical knowledge growth and market opportunities. The company is growing and it's strategic growth. This is a company to keep your eye on.

Pros

Interesting work, autotonomous work environment, great management

Cons

Sometimes unpredictible hours for technical staff

candle technician

very diverse work environment. there are always new things to do and learn. Very low pressure and initiative driven. Long work days but its 10hr shifts 4 days of the week.

Pros

work schedule

Cons

none - i thoroughly enjoyed working there

Weird and unlike anything else

As a candle technician it is half industrial work have testing. A weird mixture of Scientific testing mixed with warehouse monotony. Supervisor was great and even the lab manager was great only reason for wanting to leave was the fact that my family and I decided to move out of state.

Pros

Ok Pay, Relaxed atmosphere, great supervisor

Cons

No Upward Movement

Demanding Work Hours

Alot of required overtime hours 50-60 hr weeks, including weekends. Frequent short unplanned trips. Bonus program can be difficult to obtain and is highly dependent on the market. Fire Investigators/Engineers are required to market themselves. High Turnover Rate with employees. High Stress, but interesting and rewarding work. Everyday is different.

Pros

Interesting Work, Decent Work/Life Balance

Cons

Required Overtime, sometimes unpaid.

Not worth the time

Alot of required overtime hours 50-60 hr weeks, including weekends without direct compensation. Frequent short unplanned trips, not a good family job. Bonus program can be difficult to obtain and is highly dependent on the market and the engineers marketing ability. Stuffy corporate headquarters, no comradery between employee's. High Turnover Rate with employees. High Stress, but interesting and rewarding work. Everyday is different.

Pros

Can set your own schedule. Flexible management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SEA, Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare SEA, Ltd. with