Seagate Technology

Seagate Technology Employee Reviews

Singapore80 reviews
I built lots of confidence when I worked in Seagate. Work culture is very good and the team I worked with was awesome with lots of positive vibes and motivation. Work life balance was there and peer-peer relationship was very good. As it was my first international company I enjoyed working there.Seagate has a great staff of people all working for common goals as a company. The communication between groups and between workers/managers is there and it flows often. Days can be long, but they move fast. Great place to work and grow.
Able to have enjoy talk customer in asia pac regional for problem solving

Enjoy to working in our chinese team to handle to customer meeting problem with their products
The company cares for the employee though they frequently retrenched their the staff. Overall this company is good to work with fun environment. They have quarterly bonus and good benefits.
Seagate company is good. But the salary very low. The company running hartdisc. The job is very stressful. Company enviorment is good. We all do team work at our station.
Good management.
Good envoriment

Givibg chances to Upgrade ourself with many courses

Always have fun with game outing.ect..to throw tiedbess. Heathy good in canteen.

And wanted to hoin back Seagate as soon as possible
At seagate for 1 year I as production assistant.. After 1 year I going to assistant leader.. Very enjoyable working.. My leader also very good. My production operater also very good.. All is good.. But after 4 years my production closed and we all send to other departments.
Great mentors and helping each other.
4/3/3/4 working pattern is very convenient for employee. Spare parts are always stocked up. Clean and spacious working environment
Job culture is great but job security and opportunity to grow professionally is very slim.

Management style is pretty flexible and gives everyone's ideas equal room to be heard.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Low salary
Seagate Technology has many great data storage product which involve many high technology. Will be a good learning ground for fresh graduate.

Seagate is always at the front end in developing employee, there are lot of initiatives from the management to ensure our staffs are always abreast with the right tools, knowledge to get the job done. Example, 6 Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, 8D and Data Science course.
Productive and fun working place.I have remarkable interpersonal, organizational & time management skills. Moreover, I possess a demonstrated ability to work with team members and have shown flexibility in working in a fast paced environment
Such a great company, good management.. I like to work in backend areas because of the Micropad machine and ultra violet it's called UV machine very ezy for andle this both machine.
Bullying culture. US employees are always on top, regardless of right or wrong. Issues raised to the management will be just brushed off and put it underneath the carpet.
Leader will trained the new intern how to handle heavy machine. There have some Sop need to learn and understand before start working. Fast learner will be credit for ourself.
Pros
Free transport
Cons
12 hours working day
Manufactures products by supervising staff, organizing and monitoring work flow. Supervision, Communication ,Coaching, Managing Processes, Process Improvement, Production Planning, Controls and Instrumentation, Strategic Planning and policies, and procedures.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
healthcares
Enjoy working with colleagues. Supervisor is great and understanding.
Yearly we have activities to stress out ourselves.

I am just a contract staff so there are some which I am not sure. I don't get salary adjustment all the time we need to ask. No bonuses, allowances etc..
Pros
fun activities
Cons
not much benefits
Stable Job and good working environment but Basic salary not so attractive.
Overtime is depend to the demand with fit rate pay, no 1,5 and x2 pay.

Management level is quite friendly and flexible
Pros
Stable job and good working environment
Cons
Basic pay and benefit low
A nice workplace. Doing BMS PLC programming & SCADA graphic. Doing Testing and Commissioning of all control and monitoring systems. Coordinate with client, main contractor, sub contractor and suppliers to complete the project.
Good place with good benefit, MNC and all the good stuff but the internal politics is killing us with their mind on saving cost and cut all the employer and prefer to outsource to vendor. it really such a disappointing decision.
Pros
good team, good leader, good culture & benefits
Cons
Internal politics too strong
Seagate have potential future for all new employee who graduate from poly or ITE. The environment is good and relax at work. They have more benefit for each employee and more training program.
Manager did not bother to coach or guide. Poor handover and ridiculous expectations. Work on public holiday and when mc. Lack of appreciation of staff or contributions. Do not join.
Job nature is quite mundane and limited room for career advancement. It would be more suitable for those who want to make regular income in stead of finding career progress.