Seagate Technology

Seagate Technology Management reviews

Singapore81 reviews
Interned at the company. Was exposed to alot of issues and facilities management skills set. Even though it was a 6 month internship i have gained alot of knowledge.
Good management.
Good envoriment

Givibg chances to Upgrade ourself with many courses

Always have fun with game outing.ect..to throw tiedbess. Heathy good in canteen.

And wanted to hoin back Seagate as soon as possible
Job culture is great but job security and opportunity to grow professionally is very slim.

Management style is pretty flexible and gives everyone's ideas equal room to be heard.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Low salary
Seagate Technology has many great data storage product which involve many high technology. Will be a good learning ground for fresh graduate.

Seagate is always at the front end in developing employee, there are lot of initiatives from the management to ensure our staffs are always abreast with the right tools, knowledge to get the job done. Example, 6 Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, 8D and Data Science course.
Productive and fun working place.I have remarkable interpersonal, organizational & time management skills. Moreover, I possess a demonstrated ability to work with team members and have shown flexibility in working in a fast paced environment
Such a great company, good management.. I like to work in backend areas because of the Micropad machine and ultra violet it's called UV machine very ezy for andle this both machine.
Bullying culture. US employees are always on top, regardless of right or wrong. Issues raised to the management will be just brushed off and put it underneath the carpet.
Stable Job and good working environment but Basic salary not so attractive.
Overtime is depend to the demand with fit rate pay, no 1,5 and x2 pay.

Management level is quite friendly and flexible
Pros
Stable job and good working environment
Cons
Basic pay and benefit low
Manager did not bother to coach or guide. Poor handover and ridiculous expectations. Work on public holiday and when mc. Lack of appreciation of staff or contributions. Do not join.
Enjoy working with my 10 years in Seagate although job security is not stable. As cooperate company career advancement is depends on not only ability, but also Management involvement. Culture is nice. Can't hope for high salary. Annual focal is less.
Pros
Gyms
Cons
Stress
Have learned and understood the EHS management system, how to implement and apply at the ground level.
The management is supportive and active on the EHS.

Every Head of Department drive from top down to every employee to implement EHS management system. The mid-management like managers, engineers and supervisors demonstrate their safety culture to their subordinates.

Times and efforts needed to be spent on the contractor management as they required assistance and support on their legistration document and certificates.

There was team work spirits in EHS department. Every EHS colleague was willingly to assist and support each other on work or personal issues.
Pros
Fill support from management and reporting manager
Cons
Job security
There is no 100% perfect place for everything but for job rotation, assignment and responsibility vs authority is well balance. it is not my place to say. but i think "Rule and Regulation should uphold by HR base on actual fact , not by director say so
Working Environment flexible and Good Management.Good Place to Learn new Technology.
Media (Experience in Sputter using Vacuum technology) equipments.Assist in projects installation, startup, commissioning.Independent and a good teamplayer.Possess good leadership skills, as well as interpersonal relations
It's a good company overall except in management, there are some flaws. I guess Seagate should improve in managing people and distributing work loads.
Great place to work, independent and allowed risk when making decision as part of management training. Completely open management style and opinions are welcome.
Pros
flexible hours as long as quality of work is there
Cons
instability due to worldwide demand in hard disc drive decreasing year on year, replaced by new technology like SSD
A typical day at work has a family-vibe to it.
I learned how to work excellently in a laboratory environment.

Management is top-notch.
Co-workers are like brothers and sisters to me.

The hardest part of the job is finding defects on supposedly flawed substrate disks while there are no defect.

The most enjoyable part of the job is coming to work and seeing all the familiar faces
Pros
Very professional and well-known company, Casual attire is standard attire.
Cons
No constant off-days due to company's 3-day work, 2-day off, 2-day work, 3-day off pattern
Great place to work.
Manager was good, knowledgeable.

Learnt a lot about purchasing from the manager.

Very patient person and disciplined.

Co-workers are co-operative.

No comments on management.
Every day is newly challenge since I worked in dynamic environment. What I like about most while working as a Quality Engineer is I can manage my own job load and I can decide most of the thing in my own way to solve. My boss give trust in me and he is always ready to support me in every situations. Since my bosses reside in Fremont, USA, I was under remote management and that gave me a lot of opportunities to be flexible, reliable, capable of decide things on my own and take full responsibilities and drive myself to learn things on my own way.
Pros
learn alot
Cons
If there is problem, I am on my own, nobody can help me out.
Basically in the morning we have our pass down information from the night shift guys. After that head down to the production line and collect the error codes from individual machine and analysed them and record on an excel worksheet. Then send these reports to the management. Following that we have individual task on periodic maintenance on individual machine. Some task required team work and some individual. it was fun since I get to be active at the work place and the time pass by super fast. I love the working environment and my colleagues.

I have to say the hardest part of the job was the troubleshooting. Machines are always tend to pop-up errors and figuring out the error could lead up to hours. And the challenging part is that we had to remedy the error less than 30 min otherwise production had to be shut down and management had to be informed.
Pros
active and fast moving production
Cons
only required to work 15 days
Working for more than 8years in Seagate has been very productive, enjoyable and relaxed experience for me. Management trains and hones employees well. There are a lot of technical trainings and seminars available for the employees.
Pros
Sports Facilities inside (Gym, badminton); Game room;
Cons
No cafeteria inside building
1.Employee Friendly Company.
Pressure is not there from Management
3. Work Life Balance is ensured and Adhered
4 Learning Curve is given
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Allowances