SecureWorks

SecureWorks Employee Reviews

The benefits are amazing and coworkers are wonderful, but the actual work is tedious and halfway a waste of everyone's time.

The culture has gone down the drain since we have gone public, and the company only cares about productivity and profit, not innovation. Many previous products and services are EOL and they are shifting to a new platform that is being gatekept by internal politics. If it's someone's first job in the field with the company, it's a truly wonderful and positive opportunity however if you're looking to advance and break the 6 figures mark, you're better off going elsewhere because career advancement requires multiple years while one could simply go to another company and get the paybump, and respect (assuming one has certs+experience). Company is amazing for many reasons, but none of them have to do with the technology, or management.

Leadership

Leadership in my department was truly invested in my success. I would start the day with a strategy of my choice. My job was to prospect for clients that had cyber security needs and set up an appointment for further education about our products or a QnA that was handled by the field agent that I was aligned with. I was given feedback once a week or whenever I asked for it. My Managers were fantastic sales people with great suggestions. Very motivating!

Pros

Consistent feedback sessions. Leadership totally approachable.

Cons

Cold calling today is out-dated. You have got to be comfortable with all social media platforms!!

Very kind and friendly people who work hard to do they're very best for the customer every day.

Working remote since I started, so I have no insight into the office dynamic. But all have been very helpful and patient while training. Benefits are great and PTO is encouraged. Dedicated people who want to do a great job for the client. Proud employee!

Pros

Relaxed environment, but always putting the customer experience first. Great benefits/PTO Currently WFH

Avoid this place at all cost

Terrible leadership, disorganized, and no work life balance. They will load you up with work and provide you no support. You will have to work every weekend. Avoid this place at all cost.

Good company

SecureWorks is a great place to work with the best people to work with. Competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize their employees for exceptional results.

Fun place to work

Good people and culture. Lots of salary and other benefits. Its a place that can be anything you want to make it. If you work hard, are focused and do good work you will go far.

No work life balance

SecureWorks was not a family oriented. There was no work life balance. Management was not very competent and was a very exclusive environment. Compensation was fair with decent bonus.

Good people and plenty of opportunities

I enjoyed the people I worked with. Their knowledge of the right things to do and how to get there was great. I experienced a learning culture and management that listened and understood the needs to mature the program.

Awesome place to work, exciting field to work in

Secureworks is an awesome place to work. The technical screen was one of the hardest I've taken but the reward for completion was well worth it. The compensation when you start is lower than the industry average, but it is compensated for with a very robust benefits package. The work environment is also excellent for a high-stress field.

Pros

Great Benefits Package, Work/Life Balance, Vacation

Cons

Low compensation for field of work at initial hiring

People were good, work was meh

I was there for a long time, and we just kept going through more and more new management plans. Sometimes people left, sometimes people got left. It's not the worst job, but not the best either.

Management didn't know what they were doing

Treated people like they were inferior because mgmt didn't know what they were doing and didn't like any input. Mgmt belittled employees and had a high turnover rate their team.

The Secureworks culture is gone

Once was a great place to work but is no longer. If you don't think the employee culture can sink a ship, then jump on board. If you do, you may want to stay away from this place. They are circling the drain.

Excellent Experience

The exposure one gets to marquee enterprise clients within SecureWorks is perhaps the best way to quickly learn what works and what fails in any security program. Not all clients are willing to listen or do what is needed in order to maintain a secure environment. This can be daunting when you can see the punches coming before they land and the client refuses to duck when you tell them.

Relevant industry and great place to work

Fast paced, need to be flexible with work-life integration, senior management very communicative, lots if bright, motivated team members, about 50% distributed, global workforce.

Fast paced over worked and stressful environment.

Constant turnover of management. Managers have zero training in leading people. Managers respond upwards not to the people they are leading. Managers do not respond to concerns. Company goes to market with services that yet to work. Teams are in silos with little desire (or inability) to work together. Individuals are overworked and severely stressed out. Lack of promotion or training that may benefit or inspire individuals.

Pros

Decent work from home culture

Cons

For a technology company the manual processes are excruciating.

Very casual, very laid back, great team to be a part of

Everyday is different, there's always something going on, employees requesting something. The feeling of being able to provide excellent customer service. The people are great to work with and fun to be around. The hardest part of the job would be having to wait on a third party to get a job or situation resolved. The most enjoyable would be turning turmoil and chaos into a smooth peaceful place.

Pros

Low prices on all vending machines.

Cons

Not having a work from home day.

Solid individual contributors, poor management

A micro-management oriented team, where each decision is questioned and your manager must be copied on every email. Individual contributors are generally capable and able to move forward on day to day work.

Excellent and High rated Security company

World class Security experts and world class Software engineering experts. Remote work culture supported Agile transformation implemented successfully Devops team culture Professional management and software team members

A great place to work

Secureworks is a great place to work, no matter your experience level. There are lots of opportunities to grow and expand your skillset. Highly recommended.

Pros

Free breakfast and 30 cent drinks.

Decent Place to Work

SecureWorks is definitely one of the better companies to work. The management is not always qualified for the position they are in; however, the company as a whole values their employees.

Cyber Security growth opportunities

SecureWorks has opportunity for those who take initiative. I have seen advancement from individual contributor to Director in many instances. It is a great place to gain a wide experience in all of the relevant security platforms, which is not possible with a single company which has a security program under one platform.

Pros

Flexible shifts, growth opportunities

Cons

Some solos

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SecureWorks. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• SecureWorks