Seletar Country Club
Seletar Country Club Employee Review

My department had politics that could not be solved

January 30, 2020
Pros:
> Exciting to get to learn how to sail, kayak and interact with different types of people into the water sports

> Get to collaborate with different tiers of people: from meetup.com, challenging and demanding club members, kayaking vendors,

Cons:

> Had a supervisor that did not want to work with me as a team because of her security issues

> Supervisor was racist, kept speaking in Malay only around me and at times only wants to inform matters to the other Malay executive instead of me.

> Supervisor ostracised me out of certain projects so she can keep the limelight.
May 20, 2017
Same location
contract staff (Current Employee) - Singapore
the reason why i have given up my life to work here for the past 16 years is mainly due to the following:-

members are nice and great to serve

frontline colleagues are caring, co-operative and genuinely nice people to work with

the country side environment makes for good air to work in.

family orientated club where the members and frontline staff makes it welcoming and homely...

but that being said, I have to find external avenues of income because change and benefits come very slowly to staff in the club. So the contract team and myself hold two jobs.
Pros
50% staff discount for lunch, good colleagues, generally good and kind members to serve
Cons
no avenue for growth, no perks for contract holders, not to be counted as sole income source, late payment.
April 19, 2016
Manager (Former Employee) - Seletar
Did not enjoy the culture of the place, it's not what you know, but who you know... Club life was not for me has I'm not a Yes man...