Sentosa Development Corporation

Sentosa Development Corporation Employee Reviews

Singapore19 reviews

A typical workday

While working in Sentosa, You get to explore and learn new things which is out of your job scope. example First aid course. Enhancement course to enrich oneself, mandatory or optional. Engagement with other departments colleague will also expose oneself to learn new things.

Average Pay and Slow Paced

Friendly working environment but slow paced. Not suitable for fresh graduates or young adults who want to move fast and build skills. Progression and pay are average as compared to other government agencies.

overall a fun n relaxed job

the job scope is definitely easy. however there are more tasks to do when there are large crowds. everything is ok here except for the senior part timers. u need to be loved by them so that they will talk to u

Pros

short breaks every now n then

Cons

distance

Worked as in Intern*

This was based on my intern experience couple of years back. Colleagues in my department were really friendly. I had a nice mentor in charge of me, staff benefits were great, job scope was fun and challenging - just enough for me. Again, this is based on my experience as an intern. Sometimes I do see full-timers leaving work late but again, that's not uncommon for working in Singapore. Great environment and people!

Pros

People, job scope

Cons

Far from city

Great place to broaden your social circle if you work in events management

I mostly work for the events, so it's just a short period of time. But, throughout the event, it was definitely a fulfilling one as you get to meet different people and forge unexpected friendships

Fun working environment

As mentioned in summary. Management wise, room for improvement. Its such a wonderful island and people you can meet along the way. A very fast pase working environment.

Productive and fun workplace

A day at work is occupied with interacting with guests and guiding them to their destination, introducing them to tourist attractions, boarding them onto the monorail. During peak hours, we have to control the crowd and ensure they do not cut the queue. The hardest part is just handling some tough customers and engaging with them professionally. The most enjoyable is that work can be fun with the right colleagues and seeing the smile on the faces of guests when you interact with them. Overall I have learned to overcome my shyness and being able to talk to strangers. I have become more outgoing and friendly because of the experience.

Fun

Fun place to work. Worth joining. Good carrer growth. Very fun place. Had a lot of fun there. Typically day meeting a lot of clients and guests form al over the world.

Being in a state of fun.

A day in Sentosa begins with a lot of greetings and salutations to the ever flowing guest (yes “Guest”not “visitors”)with a lot of waving not just any ordinary wave but there is a special “Sentosa Wave”and of course a big smile and lastly a big thank you. One of the first lesson learned (sometimes the hard way)in this industry is every staff contributes to the guest’s experience be it positive or negative. The Management takes special interest in guest experience by conducting on going workshops on “good service “ which sometimes go beyond the workshop. Work culture in Sentosa is positive where most staff strives to go the extra mile when situation required. Hardest part of the job is trying to please everybody Most enjoyable part of the job is being in a state of fun.

Pros

Can look forward to generous bonuses.

Cons

Sometimes Long hour..

Vibrant environment

Developed culture of the company which there is many department which tasked to do different thing, no matter what department you are in you will be in the island.

Pros

free entry to sentosa

Cons

Fast culture

Productive and fun place

- Everyday, i will be stationed at different location. If it is on a weekday, it is not that crowded but on a weekend, it is. - I have learned how to be patient with tourist or even local. I learned to handle crowd control. I learned how to handle difficult guest. - The most enjoyable part of the job is that I have great working colleagues and seeing how happy I felt when I get to help a guest out.

Pros

Fun colleagues

Cons

Fun and outgoing people beside the sea

Fun place with attractive staff benefits that you may not have the time to utilize it due to long hours and last minutes rush. Overall, nice place to work at.

Pros

lots of team bonding event

Fun and flexible workplace

Fun environment with great colleagues. Having able to take a walk around the island in between working hours allowed me to relax and have a short break away from work.

Job Security

Sentosa is a very fun place to work. You meet a lot of people like island partners. It give you a very nice feeling going back to work. The culture of the company is good as guests is always welcome. Management is also nice.

Good company and good training

The Company is good and have a good reputation. Enjoying my work in this company. work life balance and the people there are friendly. Love the environment there.

Funwork

Its longs hours. I have learn how to be patient with customer. The management for me is trouble. To the co-workers at there is fun and friendly. The hardest part of the job is, we have to be really patien bcos the like to scold us and shout. The most enjoyble, its people who work at the place :)

Pros

Free lunch on PH only

Cons

Yup, its long hours

Unique and fun work environment

Diverse exposure to multiple functions across the organisation with multiple subsidiaries to work with. Co-workers are a fun bunch, but may be tough to move projects forward due to regulatory policies. May take awhile to get to the office but staff shuttle service is available.

Best playing Zone

This is one the best water and gaming zone like six flags. Here also its good environment and good work culture. Client is very honest and good opportunity to work over there

productive and the best working environment

I learned a lot at this job, the first time, i learnt to be a presenter, handling animals and birds was the most challenging but was worth every while. Hardest part of the job was to build a consistent bond with the primates as they're not easy. The most enjoyable part of this job was that during a live performance, you get to be the presenter and a star.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sentosa Development Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Sentosa Development Corporation with