Sephora

Sephora Employee Reviews

Singapore22 reviews

Found 22 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,022 reviews

I would do it all over again if given the opportunity. It is definitely a great work environment but unfortunately store management is unfair and higher management did not take any action upon receiving any complains. On the bright side, I get to be the first to test new products, always excited about the upcoming new products and black sales, make new friends among colleagues and customers, having a lot of regular customer who comes down to my store just for my service or drop by to check up on me. All in all, I vividly remember my every life in Sephora from the very first day to the last.

Pros

Get to try new products almost every two weeks and QFC

Cons

No work life balance and management was unfair back then

Toxic working environment

Toxic work culture, disparity of salary among the local versus foreign workers (S pass are usually get promoted), micromanagement and overloading work.

Pros

Makeup gratis

Cons

Toxic leadership

Unless you have no life

If you don't have a life, you can spend all your time just working in this company. When it's your day off, you will still have countless of messages to answer from whatsapp. Something happened, you will be bombard with messages from your supervisor. It's lile even your day off you are still working. You need to always keep your phone by your side to prepare to get a message from her. You are just like working in hospital, different is they are of higher pay, we are not. Indeed as sales staff you need to keep up your kpis, but apart from that, you have to do everything, cleaning, rubbish. Trust me, working here is not only a beauty advisor, but an all rounder. Unless you are the apple of the eye, else you are the dartboard. By the way, the offices staffs have left greatly, they took away most of the benefits permanently, they are not practicing what they promised to the public. Good luck working there.

Pros

Freebies from different brands

Cons

You get no life

Fun and friendly environment

We can feel like being part of something big. Got a chance to travel to many countries and management is really friendly in Sephora. But it's hard to get onboard. As they do not open a lot of positions.

if you love job, you will eventually succeed in your career

having a great team makes the job more easier and fun opening closing shift animation allowance training gratis staff discount flexi benefit can be utilise airline tickets gym memeberships hotel booking eye glassess contact lense dental fun to work at sephora shifting schedules 930-am 6pm, 1230-1030pm, animation shift 2pm 1200midnight , 4pm -0200am

Pros

alot of gratis

Cons

overnight animation set up

Productive and fun

Fun Fast paced A good platform to learn for someone who is new in Beauty Industry. Good Benefits Commission Based Daily Target Teamwork Shift Hours till late night.

working experience overall good

Worked in warehouse and the things were arranged neatly and made easy for picking and packing. Things were also placed systematically. Warehouse was pretty clean.

Fun workplace

Fun workplace, learn a lot about the beauty and skincare products. Learn customer service skills as well as beauty tips. Overall a good place to start off in the retail industry.

A place to work in if you love challenges

This is a good place to work if you are looking to gain tremendous knowledge and experience within a short period of time. However, work-life balance may be a problem at times when juggling between day-to-day and ad hoc projects. Being part of good team with empowering mentors is what i appreciated most working here.

Working here sometimes really make you feel like an animal.

Came to work in Sephora with dreams and hopes and hoping to get more inspirations. But the place actually disappointed me a lot, which I really mean A LOT. First of all, the management doesn’t care if you are right or wrong. If you do something right, it seems that it should be the way but when you did something wrong, even your off days you are being screamed at. You are not being respect as their staffs, but they do make you felt like an animal.

lousy salary, management is horrible, no job advancement

when i first started working there i was passionate, eager to learn and explore and motivated. after 4 years of dealing with the management politics, unfairness, long working hours, along with the very low salary and little to no job advancement showed me that this company is no longer worth it. many of my friends have either already left or are looking to leave because of this and the company does not value their loyal people!

workplace environment

pretty much like any other warehouse setting, very organised. the part-timers were treated rather well, everyone is quite friendly. work pays not bad.

Pros

pays quite well in terms of warehouse

Cons

dusty work environment

a fun place for a makeup and skin care addict to work at

a place where make up and skin care lovers would work, if you have interest on this position, it would be easy enough for you. management wise, its tolerable if you can manage the schedule between work life and personal life, then it wouldnt be hard to balance it. you will enjoy the social vibe sephora gives, the welfare of each and every beauty advisor is different, the trick? clique with them to find out!

Pros

free makeups and skin cares

Cons

A friendly environment to work in

A day starts off with replenishing of stocks and ends with cleaning up the place. The managers there were very nice and motivated to do their job, Tthe hardest part of the job was knowing where all the products were at as there were too many items and restocking took quite some time.

工作環境

雖然只在這裡工作了3天,但是卻能體驗到不一樣的東西。 不同的客戶群,不同的產品, 工作環境雖然會比較壓迫,但是很有推動力

fun working environment

get more experienced about the beauty world, easy going work mates that helps you through hard times at works, explain how to be professional and good working environment

Productive and fun workplace

It’s a place full of passion and devotion. Must be a multi tasker, also need to be patient and mindful, and adaptable to changes. Must be result oriented and highly driven.

Pros

Flexi benefits

Fun but tiring work

I was working there as a temporary staff. I have fun while working there. I did inventory as well as picking and packing of orders. I learnt a lot about working in the warehouse while I was there.

Fun

Sephora are where you will learn more new things which will give you more knowledge,tips and tricks and also will train every single beauty advisor on customer service. Sephora also place which will also give you opportunities to grow

Cons

Long hours and bad management

Great place to learn about products

Sephora is a good platform for beginners to grow and discover their passion for makeup and skin care. Meeting so many people each day and handling different situations day to day is always thrilling.

Pros

Free makeups

Cons

long hours, slow advancement

Fun and Enjoyable workplace

Day at work was fun because it was an enjoyable surroundings as i feel comfortable with my job. I have learnt about the real techniques of makeup procedure, on how to handle customers, serve up to their expectations,help to do some demonstrations to make them feel happy and most important thing is to liase well with the customers so that they would love to come back. Management so far so good, no problems with it. co-workers and peers was fun as we worked in a team. teamwork is most important. hardest part of job was cant commit on the long hours of work. most enjoyable part of the job is working in a happy environment with the help of peers around .

Pros

free launches

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sephora. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Sephora