Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts

Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts Employee Reviews

Singapore70 reviews

Demanding enviroment

Its a super busy and fast pace enviroment, but the challenge is the demanding guest who stays there. Who will make their every oenny worth and at times makes your job hard and challenging..

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Stressful and a unfair workplace

My review is that there's nothing to review actually. The only thing that makes us good employees stopped working for a company is just that the people in the top level just doesn't know how to appreciate our good work ethics. They just don't. We quit not because of a good workplace but just terrible bosses.

Not a hospitality person please turn away

If you are able to commit work and work balance please apply. Too much internal conflicts and too many department to escalate an issue. Always tiring.

Overall nice working environment

Working environment is relaxed overall. Shift timings can either make you start really early or end really late, only redeeming factor for the morning shift is the free taxi ride. Food is good, staff benefits are good too.

Relax and fun work place

Its a very lovely place to work in life time.Their management and staff also very nice.we can learn different ways to treat guests and some times we can improve our problem solving skills and time management skills also.next is we can meet different customer in the world and which way they like to take services.This hotel chain give us very nice and important work experience for our lifes.

Pros

Free accommodation.free foods

Upward progression of one's career.

Performed different tasks and learned valuable professional skills from Technician to a Manager. joined and advance by moving from an entry-level job to a management position within the same field.

Excellent place to work with no issues, perhaps the best of my career!

My day started at 7:00 AM and ended typically at 4:00 PM. Preparing various pastries consumed most of my daily routine. While working at the Shangri-La Hotel and Resort I learned how to prepare fresh pizzas and fresh pasta for the meals. Regarding management, I really enjoyed the opportunity to teach my team mates how to prepare real Italian and French pastries as they do in Europe. The culture of the workplace was wonderful as everyone was happy and we all worked together as a team to make a successful experience for the guests at the resort. No part of the job was difficult at all as my passion is to make wonderful, beautiful pastries for everyone to eat and enjoy. That is the best part of my job is to be able to make the pastries all day long and I do not enjoy working in front of a computer.

Fabulous

It was a good 1 year to work in the Shangri La Hotel as a banquet server , the management and staff are very friendly towards me and they are willingly to teach me more about F&B . It was very stressful sometimes when everyone is in fast paced where the the food courses are serving very fast

Okay

one of my first jobs and it was kind of eye opening for me as i had a few experiences. it’s a good place to make quick and good money, however it’s exhausting.

Cons

Bad Management

fast paced and hectic

I was doing banquet serving for different events. From wedding to special media events. We had to work fast and look sharp at all times. Hygiene was the most important.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

Shangri-La has a great experience - The journey from around 30 hotels when I joined to over 100 hotels now was fantastic. No regrets

I have worked almost 40 years in Finance. I am team player,a good leader and able to extract work even from people perceived as poor workers. I believe in team work culture, have a open door, good listener, ability to work with various nationalities, respectful, know when to speak.I think our of the box and have a god perception of futurist way of work and adapt very well to change management as also believe in change which produces the best results. In short very adaptive and not old fashioned.I also believe that having the correct attitude makes everything simple and easy to move forward. Hard part of the job in trying educate people to move out fo old work methods Most enjoyable part of job is team style working and able to see fruits of my labour in good results

Pros

Good salary and benefits, adaptive culture

Cons

Too many people now in the Corporate - work getting repeated by many and people

No Job security at Shangri-La Hotel Singapore

In the recent year the hotel has changed dramatically. Employees are not valued, there is no job security, staff performance is being rated based on management personal opinion of you and not the way you perform your job and results you achieve. Loyal employees are encouraged to leave so that new blood can be brought in. Very bad year end bonus.

Cons

Salary, bonus, job security

engaging and insightful

It's a challenging department to work at as guest are coming in alomost every min. it gets crazy busy. have to be able to multi task and engage guests with a smile.

Fun working place

Willing to teach of you are willing to learn staff there are very friendly and willing to help when you needed help and the Chef there are very good very patients also

Pros

Free lunch

Great Place to worl

People do come first it is a caring organization Excellent training and empowerment to do the job. It is a customer-focused organization and people culture

Productive and fun workplace

Friendly HR and conducive workplace. Have to wake up early to go to work. Learn how to serve people. Hordest part of job is long standing hours and has free lunches.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Long standing hours

Fast pace job

The day starts with preparation of the tables and utensils. From the job, I learnt how to serve people food and drinks and also to tend to their needs. The hardest part of the job was getting used to carrying the food as it was very heavy I had a lot of trouble balancing the tray on my hand but after doing it a few times I got used to it. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with friends.

Pros

Many time slots

Working as a Concierge Assistant

We were given the very basic salary, which isn't favorable as I have a relevant Diploma with relation to the industry. Expect lots of standing, lifting luggages & long hours. Working in the Concierge made everything much better due to the people. Management are very very humble & generous, they are focused on providing customer's service whereas we are focused on doing bell desk. However, when work load gets too heavy, you can see the manager helping out with bell desk which shows a lot about a person who's willing to go down and help one another. Teamwork is wonderful here.

Pros

Free meals all the time

Na

Excellent Hotel group. Every hotelier must work for the Shangri-la Group once in their hotel career. Good training and work culture. Great mentors whom guided their subordinates fine.

Very high expectation from Management and also guests, but fun working place and colleagues.

This hotel taught me , what excellence service means. After working here for nearly 9 years and already served from salutation of Kings , Queens , Presidents and Head of States. I really enjoy working here, but time changes and my time now is to spread the experience and knowledge to others that can be benefit for them.

Pros

Transportation provided for early shift and after midnight.

Cons

Very long hours.

fun

This is the first job i have work for long hours in a day there are different type of set up for the table as we need to remember which set up is for which table

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts with