Shaw Theatres

Shaw Theatres Employee Reviews

Singapore8 reviews

good

handle customer enquiries and supportive friends when at work.flexible working hours and sufficient break

Pros

free ticket

Cons

not much benefits

Interesting workplace

It was an excellent working life throughout the journey with Shaw. I gained a lot of experience and able to adapt with the fast pace environment. Managing the staffs and counter where in times the place can get really get crowded during peak hours, Public Holidays and weekends. Have to ensure safe are tally is not an easy task as it our responsibility as the Manager in charge of the day. Thus, there are 2 shifts and it is quite challenging as a mum that you need to end your work late at 3am.

Pros

Allowances

Cons

Shift hours

productive

great working environment. will meet new people everyday, crowd is crazy. serve food and drinks popcorns etc. get to watch sneak peak of upcoming movies beforehand.

Pros

free movies

Fast-paced and fun

A typical day includes selling tickets, food and drinks to customers, making them feel important, doing one’s best to answer their enquiries when managers are not available. Genuine service, basically. I also tended to the regular maintenance of the workplace itself. The ticketing systems can be tricky to newbies but one must learn the hang of it.

Pros

Free tickets

Cons

Hours extend when the people scheduled for the later shift are late.

Shaw Theatres

I wouldn't recommend working in Shaw theatres to anyone. Even though it's a relaxed job and not that stressful. Current managers not good. Plan roster anyhow for part timers. No off day for part timer. even though you request one Managers are so dirty Kicked the Staff out as when as they like from the company. Managers are so Racist. Salary is $5.50/hr

Good experience for students

Worked as a part-time concessions staff during the holidays. Pay was below-average but job was enjoyable and fun esp. with friends. Some perks like free movies etc. if your managers are nice.

Pros

Fun environment

Cons

Low pay

Fun workplace

The hardest part of the job is handling complaints, but from there i tried to overcome the situation. All we need to do is patience and ask what happen.

Pros

Free movies

Cons

Long Hours

Fun Workplace

Serving and assisting customers to their needs Patience, tolerance, and understanding. Management and co-workers were very patient, helpful and always giving tips on how to get things done efficiently Hardest part of the job would be to be patient and calm when customers yells or lose their tempers with the staffs on duty. Meeting new people everyday

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shaw Theatres. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Shaw Theatres with

Shaw Theatres Reviews by Location

• Shaw Theatres
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?