Sheraton

Sheraton Employee Reviews

Singapore24 reviews

Found 24 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,282 reviews

Fun workplace

Great working environment with positive minded team. Team has always been supportive. The culture at the workplace is very good. Definitely not a stressful place to work at .

Poor management in finance and it

Poor mgmt support from hod and finance and it manager.Everytime hotel water brust and all wear and also it manager ask them to support, dont this and that , which playing taiji. Working many years and hr,it ,sale and catering all youngster and old the same , playing taiji and dont know what the is this people working in the hotel so long and dont this and that.Very poor and no standard.

Pros

Cleaner aunt good

Cons

Long hour and given more work for you to work until you pressure

Very very old school.

This hotel lacks creativity. Lots of focus are on cost savings. Strategies don't work. Year on year, same ideas, same strategies. Grand lobby and staircase at the front, good ambience at the club lounge, however, that's all for the guests.

Pros

Free meals at staff canteen. International Marriott staff benefits.

Cons

Poorly managed hotel.

Not the best place to grow

Executive committee appears to adopt a very top down approach and is tone deaf to most of the happenings on the ground. Despite their wealth of experience, change seems to escape them, which explains why the hotel is not doing well. Instead of reflecting on their management capabilities, the fault always seem to lie with the staff they are supposed to lead. Poor career advancement and almost non-existent increment.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Poor management team, poor career advancement

Envirement tres agréable.

Tres bien mon passage chez Sheraton une des opportunités importantes dans ma vie beacoup de choses à aprendre. Suite à des circonstances familières je suis obligé a arrêter mon travail.Je remercie toutes les personnes que je recontre.

Pros

Ambiance conviviale avec beacoup opportunités

Cons

Aucune

Salary was about enough

Working at Sheraton hotel and tours was one of d best experience I ever encountered in my entire period as a hotellier.The hotel itself is of a five star standard and I feel it is second to none. The management and staff were indeed great personalities and in all there was no regrets at all.

Challenging environment

It was a good experience for me when it came to dealing with food orders and being able to assist each and every food specification. It came with great responsibility to make sure every customer had an enjoyable meal and customer service.

bad

learn something from it, and meet some nice people, is good place to start but is not good place to stay, the benefits are bad, the management does not really care for the staff

Good

Sheraton is a branded hotel in world. They provide training for every staff each and every year. Their staff meal are very normal. The colleague in Sheraton is very friendly.

fun

Good place to work. learn about leadership from my HOD. diversity earning all the respect from HOD. Hardest part is never in my diary the most enjoyable part is we are like family

Low pay scheme and poor advancement

Eye opening experience. Should one enjoy one of the lowest paying industries and is prep for extreme long hours, best wishes are with you. Benefits wise, pretty good but considering the low wage salary, some benefits are unreachable.

No growth nor advancement

Remuneration by far for me is acceptable. Serious issues on mentoring and advancement for employees. Property likewise do not participate in National awards.

Nice product quality food served at the restaurant

The company has nice product with high ceiling ballroom and good service rendered by their experienced banquet team. The Management has always been reviewed the staff welfare too.

Pros

free meals

Cons

high cost

Fun and respectful individual

Fun to mix around with different people while some comes from different country and different background. Although some are shy and some are out-going

Pros

All meals and uniforms and lockers provided

Cons

Rude people

great location but poor environment

- great location for access - low salary and long working ours - free meal but not good quality. - poor man power and lack of proper training system.

Pros

free meals

Cons

low salary and long working hours

Average place to work at

It was a average place to work at, have a lot of staff benefits. The people are nice and friendly. A possible improvement: Management team has to be more open to ideas

Experience

I worked at this company because at that period of time, I just wanted to gain some experience as well as some side income. It's not easy working as a waitress, given the fact that I was new and had absolutely no experience in that line whatsoever. But throughout my time there, I've learned to be independent and overcame my fear of working.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Having to stand for long hours

Productive and fun work environment

I was a management trainee there. I wanted to travel to western world seeking better life and better opportunity. I enjoyed my training in all the different departments there including front office housekeeping, room service, banquet, bar, lounge and the dining room.

Pros

Free meals

Cons

I was a trainee

good learning environiment

Sheraton towers was a great place to start my career in hospitality industry. The hotel provided enormous opportunity to learn. Though my internship was for a short period of 6 months, it was a great experience.

Pros

employee benifits

Cons

lot of physical stress

Helpful Colleagues

Colleagues are helpful and always help each other whenever in trouble. From different departments to internal colleagues.

Pros

Helpful Colleagues

Cons

Heritage Environment

Productive and challenging.

What’s good working in the hotel is you learned to be more professional. They really value their staff. i was there in Singapore for my Internship given 1 year contract. Fortunate to experience the other culture specially that it was my first time on going abroad. I learned to be patient towards other people. We are given the treatment that we need. Humanity is there. All are equal individual. No discrimination towards other staff. We still have time to enjoy our life despite of the stress work life yet fun.

Pros

Everyhting

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sheraton. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Sheraton with

Sheraton Reviews by Location

• Sheraton
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?