Shimano

Shimano Employee Reviews

Singapore13 reviews

Overall positive

Great learning place for fresh grads. Great teamwork and helpful seniors willing to share as long as you ask for help. Japanese culture of clocking in/out for all employees.

Pros

Free lunch

Good Place to Learn

ProsCan learn a lot as a fresh gradFree lunch Free uniformCompany TransportBonus is considered not badConsNo work-life balanceTop down managementLow basic salaryLittle salary increment

Traditional Japanese company

Japanese company which provide free lunch ans transportHowever, there are a lot of rules to follow such as strict clock in timeand long meeting hours

Pros

good bonus, free lunch and transport

Cons

long working hours no career advancement management does not listen to the bottom

Stressful and very fast pace.

will be extremely stressful as it is a multinational company. Need to very careful when submit any form for declaration to Government. Very fast pace environment.

Pros

free lunch & got transportation and accommandation

Cons

Long hours. 9.5hour, rest 1 hour. morning break 20 mins, lunch break 30 mins, afternoon break 10 mins. (total 1 hour)

excellent work place

excellent work place.all the staff friendly.everday learning new environmental.safety and security rules always updated to follow rules inside premises.

Pros

free lunches

Exposure of interpersonal skill

This is a good company which had a history of time in Singapore. You will encounter fast pace working environment which is good in a sense of self espirit-de-corp and management handling can be a challange if you couldn't handle it well. MNC with deep culture from it's origin country.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

you are on your own

Teamwork at the Workplace

Good culture Workplace Good Leader on guiding Work Life Balance Learning on Developing Good Learning workplace Improve Time Management Skill Improve the Effectiveness and Efficiency

Pros

Free Lunch, and Transportation

Work as a team

I worked there during my school holidays. It helps me to know how a department works as it is my first job. People woking there are friendly.

Japanese culture

Excel intensive, no excel skills can forget about applying. Japanese culture. Working hours 8am to 5.30pm Uniform, free meals and transport to and from work.

Pros

free meals, uniform, assembly, transport

Cons

Japanese work culture, basic benefits

Challenging

From Electrical Technician to facility mechanical technician for me is a new challenge! totally is a different Job, i need to take care a lot major equipment so i need to learned fast. I have learned how to operator/ Maintain/ supporting other process department. 1.Air compressor 150kw 5 unit & Air dryer 2. Cochran Boiler & Cooling Tower 3.Sprinkler system (Deluge system) & fire equipment 4.Process Chiller 5.Automated Guided Vehicle 6.Energy Saving & Safety (OSHAS) 7.Building and Facility Management & Environment 8.Regulatory.

A decent company

A company that provides good benefits and most colleagues are friendly. The most enjoyable part is when the team works together to accomplish a tie schedule.

Pros

Good bonuses

Cons

Favoritism

Work as a Family

Develop the family culture as to improve the working relationship with one another regardless of race, language and religion. We respect each other comments and feedback. We provide same treatment to every staff base on our protocol.

Pros

Free Lunch, uniform and transport.

Cons

Staff traveling overseas taking advantage using rank.

Friendly and stable workplace

Majority of the co-workers are friendly and fun. There are peak periods where things can get really hectic. It is important to be able to generate ideas and when new ideas are created successfully, there is a big sense of achievement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shimano. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Shimano