Shimizu Corporation

Shimizu Corporation Employee Reviews

work
Not all the team managements are bad some good and some average.
some management encourages to do on your own and some want to follow their rules. its good worked with a good boss for almost 10 years.
Pros
have
Cons
sometimes
fun work
we have club at roof top.

I have learn the cost saving, budget to meet

mostly chinese people and Japanese and others work together

HR arrange fun work everyweek.
Used to be very good but cutting costs like crazy now
Salary is not as competitive as market rate, increment and bonus are not as good either. (Unless you have a good boss.) Need to scan in and out, will deduct salary if you are more than 7 mins late per day. A lot of approvals to go through and processes to do for each task. Some of the old birds may be hard to get along with.

Good: Medical card is given, no co-payment required.
You just have to work that all .
You just have to open your thought & eye to learn by yourself .promotion is not based on how hard and well u have worked. But based on who u can click with those in power or influence .
Pros
Just work
Cons
Long hours & no career dev to refer about unless you are part of their kaki in power
Productive and fun workplace
I like working in this company. I just need to be relocated that's why I resigned. Benefits wise, they are great as well as the bonuses. Still depends on PM and individual performance.
For me, the PM's are great and has mutual respect. It's because of I am giving them a good performance in return.
Pros
Paid OT, System and proceedures
Cons
Higher management post is only for Japanese
Loyalty matters
My working experience in Shimizu under 1 boss for the span of 16 years have been a remarkable one. He is a good boss who never mind my working hours as long as I finished my assigned task and schedule (which I make it definitely sure) everyday. Work environment also is tough but memorable. Projects itself is never an issue, because as long as you are happy doing your work you never get tired. If only I don't have reasons to resigned I will still decide to continue working with Shimizu and my Japanese boss.
For me loyalty really matters.
Pros
Good boss
Cons
Working Distance
Equal Gender Opportunity
Shimizu Corporation provides equal gender opportunity to all employees for career advancement.
Trainings are being granted to employees with passion with work.

Although there are days that are really busy with weekend works and business trips that are demanding, Shimizu is promoting work family balance and encourage employees to take exact 8hrs works once a week.
Pros
free dental insurance
Cons
long working hours
productive
toolbox meeting daily routine
learned the individual trade in mechanical and electrical

all resources given by management

once project done transfer to other project
Pros
annual bonus and salary increase
Cons
a lot of meeting to attend
Its a excellent company
Its a nice compan. Always maintainthe safety procedur. Every month 25th date given salary. OT, Bonus has given by them.Excellent working syste. Boss excellent behaviou.
Pros
Night shift work dinner given
Cons
Duty is ok
Collaborative Work Place
In a day will need to review documents and attend meetings, I had learnt that I being a Manager would need to be more proactive in engaging people around me.
A very good company
Overall, a good company to work for. Good environment. Good Benefits. For new employees, they will learn a lot of things in this company. Support from supervisor is excellent.
Pros
Provide Career Advancement / Benefits
Cons
Changing of schedules
Good working environment.
Provide movie treat, fun run, environmental awareness program, and corporate discount on handphone. Monthly safety promotion and slogan. Participate on government activities.
Pros
movie treats
Cons
need to extend working hours
Safety Coordinator
I have work almost 6 months with shimizu in Jurong Island. I have learn how to handle their sub-contractors safety violation and educate safe work practices.
Pros
Management fail to support safety.
Cons
Working long hours but not paid.
Work hard place
To work at Shimizu Corporation, employees must ready to sacrifice his/her life. The environment among employees is good even still have some cultural issue in the working atmosphere.
Productive and good environment with safety
The company will mold you as a good engineer with special qualities.you will have a confidence to work anywhere with safety and neat environment. you can involve in social works also.
Pros
good entertainment
fun workplace
Shimizu Corporation is a good employer to work for. I enjoyed my 3 years' stay there as a site engineer. I had good relationships with my colleagues. The whole package is quite competitive.
High pressure work culture
I worked in the steel structural department. There can be said , work life is not balance. I have travelled about two hours from my house to the work place.
The work place was very challenging
It was very interesting and challenging to work as WSH Manager. Talking about Shimizu Corporation, it is a place to work. The workplace culture was very good. The working relations with my management and my colleagues are outstanding.

Leaving the company is the hardest part.
Pros
Excellent culture
Cons
My salary not on par with the market value, perhaps due to i have started working with Shimizu in Building Project(Capitol Theater, Commercial Complex and Condominium)
Well organized company and Good workplace
SHIMIZU Corporation is well organized and founded systematically.Different working hour based on individual contract .When I was in Shimizu , My working hour is from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm and 5 days per week. Good Salary and medical benifit .
Pros
Full medical check up per half a year
Cons
fare working hour
Week end partys
Good constructed company with more work stress with minimum work guarantee. There is some sudden termination is also possible. But there is many things to learn
Pros
Partys
Cons
Unsufficient overtimes
Great working environment
Different techniques were thought to every staff so to enhance each and everyone's capabilities. Camaraderie among staffs is the most enjoyable part in working with this company.