Shimizu Corporation

Shimizu Corporation Management reviews

Not all the team managements are bad some good and some average. some management encourages to do on your own and some want to follow their rules. its good worked with a good boss for almost 10 years.
Pros
have
Cons
sometimes
You just have to open your thought & eye to learn by yourself .promotion is not based on how hard and well u have worked. But based on who u can click with those in power or influence .
Pros
Just work
Cons
Long hours & no career dev to refer about unless you are part of their kaki in power
I like working in this company. I just need to be relocated that's why I resigned. Benefits wise, they are great as well as the bonuses. Still depends on PM and individual performance. For me, the PM's are great and has mutual respect. It's because of I am giving them a good performance in return.
Pros
Paid OT, System and proceedures
Cons
Higher management post is only for Japanese
toolbox meeting daily routine learned the individual trade in mechanical and electrical all resources given by management once project done transfer to other project
Pros
annual bonus and salary increase
Cons
a lot of meeting to attend
I have work almost 6 months with shimizu in Jurong Island. I have learn how to handle their sub-contractors safety violation and educate safe work practices.
Pros
Management fail to support safety.
Cons
Working long hours but not paid.
To work at Shimizu Corporation, employees must ready to sacrifice his/her life. The environment among employees is good even still have some cultural issue in the working atmosphere.
It was very interesting and challenging to work as WSH Manager. Talking about Shimizu Corporation, it is a place to work. The workplace culture was very good. The working relations with my management and my colleagues are outstanding. Leaving the company is the hardest part.
Pros
Excellent culture
Cons
My salary not on par with the market value, perhaps due to i have started working with Shimizu in Building Project(Capitol Theater, Commercial Complex and Condominium)
Working in a Japanese company is a great experience for me, whereas productivity, punctuality, quality, planning and safety are some of the practice in their culture. Management wise, I can say that of my 8 hours/10hrs of working per day, most of it were spent productively. Where as planning stage was most important than application itself, because I have learned in this company that through planning accident and mistakes can be lessen or eliminated. Though everyday is a challenge working in Oil and Gas, I can say that everyday I am learning something new.
Pros
Technical Training
Cons
Long working hours
The management are tough and incommunicable. Most of the time we discuss between colleagues and guessing the management thought. However, this tighten the relationship between all colleague. The promised from management are not credible, half of the worker are leaving after the project has done. However, the tough environment trained tough employee. We trained to be independent, motivated, and good decision maker. No pain no gain.
Pros
Over time work payable
Cons
Lots over time work
A good management and have team building staff.All managers are approachable to all staff and workers.You can apply all your knowledge and perform duty by means of your own way.
This is very good company and I can get many experience from my job and management too . I can learn Japanese standard too.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hour
With TTJ, I have learned the full process of structural steel construction. The management is appreciative with regards to the staffs' performance. Best work and life balance.
Pros
yearly holiday oversees, good bonus