Shimizu Corporation

Shimizu Corporation Employee Reviews

Team work is good. Good colleagues to work with. Salary is competive. Welfare is adquate. Work is challenging, sometime can be quite demanding. Overall good company to work for new comer.
Different techniques were thought to every staff so to enhance each and everyone's capabilities. Camaraderie among staffs is the most enjoyable part in working with this company.
Cons
A good workplace to learn about the ins and outs of a construction industry. They provide an excellent working experience and through the job assigned will learn a lot about the construction procedures, processes, techniques that are often not learned from the book but can only be gain through exposure and hands on experience.
Pros
Professional Trainings
Cons
Too long working hours
Working in a Japanese company is a great experience for me, whereas productivity, punctuality, quality, planning and safety are some of the practice in their culture. Management wise, I can say that of my 8 hours/10hrs of working per day, most of it were spent productively. Where as planning stage was most important than application itself, because I have learned in this company that through planning accident and mistakes can be lessen or eliminated. Though everyday is a challenge working in Oil and Gas, I can say that everyday I am learning something new.
Pros
Technical Training
Cons
Long working hours
A good platform for construction base career progress. Good employers and systematic workflow. Employees benefits are given fairly.
Pros
Claims and other benefits available
Cons
transportation hours
Shimizu have very systematic system, all the works are well organized, each party play his roles. I am providing planning and technical support during tender and construction stage. Most importance, we work as a term to make our target success, that is the most proud part when I stay at Shimizu.
Pros
Syatematic
Cons
Japanese company has their own culture and most of the time not open to local people
The working culture with SHMIZU is very professional. I have been nearly 10 years in a nice working culture. They have awarded employee of the year 2014 for my sincere and dedication.
The management are tough and incommunicable. Most of the time we discuss between colleagues and guessing the management thought. However, this tighten the relationship between all colleague. The promised from management are not credible, half of the worker are leaving after the project has done. However, the tough environment trained tough employee. We trained to be independent, motivated, and good decision maker. No pain no gain.
Pros
Over time work payable
Cons
Lots over time work
Very good company with good cooperation and coordination from working staffs.Good pay and working atmosphere. Good organised staffs and work schedule
A good management and have team building staff.All managers are approachable to all staff and workers.You can apply all your knowledge and perform duty by means of your own way.
This is very good company and I can get many experience from my job and management too . I can learn Japanese standard too.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hour
With TTJ, I have learned the full process of structural steel construction. The management is appreciative with regards to the staffs' performance. Best work and life balance.
Pros
yearly holiday oversees, good bonus
I wish to work there as I heared from my friends your company has the best construction company in Singapore and if I get a chance to work I will prove my knowledge to my best.
I learned a lot from the experience which valued the quality of work,the employee and client.