Shiseido

Shiseido Employee Reviews

Singapore13 reviews

Really good place to stay but career progression is limited

Typical work day involves email communication. WFH is easy and communication is not affected. My direct manager is excellent in leadership & direction. Hardest part is that as local SGrean, it is difficult to have career progression. Most enjoyable is the colleagues who are really fun to be with.

Pros

Free cosmetics, work life balance

Cons

No career progression

Place with great incentives

Employees will have benefits of getting samples before launch of actual products frequently. Great place to explore your potential due to flexibility.

Pros

Flexibility

Confusing work environment

I was regularly asking my team if they needed me to assist them in any task. I asked the IT department for some training that was relevant to my role but I was told off loudly. My boss was either traveling for business or constantly engaged in discussions and meetings - we rarely talked in person. The other bosses would tell me to wait and they will hand me some tasks later .. which didn't happen.

No teamwork

- Management issues. - No Teamwork. - Resourceful - competitive. - One-Man show - No guidance - More than one system - Demanding - Work-life balance

Overall experience manageable.

- Work-life balanced. - Felt that there is no team work and - Individualist. - Management issues. - No sense of direction. - Must be resourceful.

Management makes companies

When you get a manager you can't work with then you leave. Shiseido is a good company but they turn over management so fast then you get a bad one and no one wants to work for them.

Flexible working hours & very good working cultures

The company is focusing on the results and is giving employees flexibility to work at their own schedule (ie work from home, good office hours 9-6). The working culture environment is also very warmth, most people there are soft spoken and not confrontational. Downside is organization is very lean, hard to tell about the future career development.

Shseido Asia Pacific

Plan transformation strategy for Asia Pacific through technology, people and organisation change. Standardize RFP approach and project governance framework

Pros

Supportive Staff

Cons

Poorly organise and little leadership

Fun and nice company

Shiseido is like a family and working with them is fun and can learn a lot of technology , skincare and makeup skill . Though it can be stressful sometime as we need to meet our target . But overall it’s a very good company .

Pros

Free cosmetics

just my thoughts

8.30 - 6pm Just change to SAP system Not much of a stable system to work with. fun place to work at. discounts on products. But change in management lead me to leave.

Pros

free cosmetics

Fun and productive workplace

As a sales promoter of Shiseido, I was assigned to various department stores depending on their required manpower, I was usually stationed at Takashimaya, our flagship counter. Takashimaya is located along Orchard Road, and is opposite Mandarin Orchard Singapore. I have attended to many customers from various countries when they come to the counter and is interested in our products.

Work Life Balance Environment

Co-workers are friendly and easy to work with. Communication and information exchange with HQ may require more time and effort.

Fun workplace

I love being a beauty advisor, every new customer teaches me a new thing and I'm enjoying that. It's fun to introduce foreign products to customers and let them be amazed by the benefits this particular product can have. I think throughout the years, I am more confident in talking to customers and clearly articulating my views towards the new product I am introducing. In addition, I learned to be more initiative because products don't sell themselves; they need someone to introduce these unfamiliar products to unfamiliar customers, it is the beginning of something. So all in all, I had a great 2 years working at Ettusais (sister's company of Shiseido), my colleagues are very fun and guides well if I have any enquiries about a certain products!

Pros

Flexible working hours.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shiseido. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Shiseido
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?