SIG SAUER, Inc.

SIG SAUER, Inc. Employee Reviews

Got rid of incentives which financially hurt employees, management has clicks

They got rid of a lot of major incentives overtime which hurt employees pockets.Lots of clicks if management doesn’t like you it’s not enjoyable.

Pros

Nice facility

Cons

Toxic work culture, does not care about the quality of there product

Turn over rate for new employees was 6 months on average. That should tell you everything you need to know.Ignored quality, very willing to ship guns not to print, to hit numbers. Employees were not encouraged to work as team. Management would scream at employees (who were not trained).People would hide, lie about parts.Benefits were pretty solid though. So there's that.

Fantastic for beginners

Not too much to complain about. SIG was fantastic until they restructured their entire employee base. Took away the shift I was on so I would have taken a 30% pay cut coming from weekend nights to days. Corporate doesn't give the slightest care about you but the managers on the floor were awesome. Pay and benefits are great, but not giving any consideration to people and their families was too big of a red mark for me to stay.

Pros

Half off guns, pay, benefits, classes, gym, break room

Cons

Awful corporate, se*ual harassment lawsuits, parking

Amazing

Great people with amazing knowledge and talent. State of the art facility, cutting edge technology, excellent R&D. Challenging deadlines with amazing outcomes.

Pros

State of the art facility

Great company, not without flaws

SIG is a great company! The company cares and the majority of the leadership care. It’s a big company, so there are deadlines and task requirements for everything. While it has its flaws, it is a product and company you can typically be proud to say you work for. Don’t expect it to be perfect and expect frustrations, just like any job. If you do your job to or above standard, you’ll do well and be promoted.

Easy going place to work, but runs sloppy.

I worked for the shipping department in the optics division at Oregon.Typical day was packing and shipping out boxes of scopes from 8am-5pm. its a nice environment with workers who are proud to be part of the SIG community.However this place like many others suffers from poor unguided management. Most of the supervisors are young adults whom have no experience in leadership, plus no support from higher ups which makes the whole operation a circus sometimes.What kept me working here was the gun culture, a since of pride in making something law enforcement and military use ,Sig Discounts, and good down to earth co workers.However this doesn't make up for supervisors having tantrums and punching boxes of products because they aren't mature enough to handle stress, or bending the rules to look better.

Pros

Great Culture, Discounts, free food events, Work Pride.

Cons

Management, Supervisors have no leadership skills, No advancements.

Do not work here

They do not care about their employees at all. You are not a person. They hire you for one position then tell you to do another and when you try and accommodate and end up feeling I'll from it they could care less.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

They care nothing about your needs as a human being

Great place to build a career

Great place to work if you like learning and being challenged. The company is growing rapidly and management listens to your issues. Things are constantly improving. Certainly a company that produces high quality products and you can be very proud to say that your a part of an excellent company. Sig is on the cutting edge of weapons development and design. Going the extra mile is noticed and appreciated. Managers understand what it’s takes to produce because the majority have been on the production line and have real understanding of the challenges of producing world class ammunition. Supervision will put on gloves and work along side you. Honestly the only place I’ve ever worked that my supervisor has no issues working alongside me and getting their hands dirty. It makes a big difference when you’re superior has vast knowledge of every process and truly wants to help you succeed.

Pros

Excellent pay, quality equipment, reasonable schedules, opportunities for overtime, excellent discounts on top quality firearms

Easy work and low pay.

The work can be easy, but the pay is very low. Not much fun on the job around there. Discount program is good if you like firearms. This job is not for everybody.

Not too bad

I have been working 5 years for the company so far they have treated me decently, even though sometimes I feel like the management only care about quantity. The management team can’t take action on poor performance; slackers will get away with any mistakes.

Pros

Benefits, pay, job Security

Cons

Poor management

Hours worked in single week

Forced to work 50 Plus hours a week ,no time to see a physician, they don't care you have a appointment on Saturday to get car service they tell you Friday's that Saturday is mandatory. I did not realize I was signing up for this kind of treatment, most of my coworkers are nice but some live + breathe sig- sauer,how dare I question .I do not want more then 40 hours but would be willing to work overtime if I was able to get my personal business done as well.decided to wait 6 months to see if things get better. I have over 30 years experience I will not be unemployed long.

Pros

Coworkers, money, 401k.

Cons

Work / life balance

Not a good place to work

Hours and schedule suck and management and leads are terrible..would not recommend working at Sig Sauer...its very click like high school..if your not 21 or JUST out of military dont apply there

Very old school

Sig has awesome products but the leadership is very old school in NH. Employees can feel like a number and the company makes decisions at random without thorough planning and management. The company needs to invest in its infrastructure as it grows.

Pros

Cool products

Cons

Poor planning by top leaders, underpaid, lots of bureaucracy

Extremely poor work environment

Horrible management starting from the top on down. Got no raise for 4 years. Did not receive a bonus (even though I qualified for it). No explanation why. My department was seriously understaffed, yet they want top results. Managers were extremely unprofessional. Worst place to work.

Pros

Great cafeteria. Medical / dental benefits were good.

Cons

Treat their workers very poorly.

Awesome place

Lots to learn and fun people to work with. Many things to build such as scopes and red dot sights. Treats employees very well. Glad to say I worked for this company.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Relaxed culture

The money is always there so is the work

You can't buy your family back, no matter how hard you. Work they shove money in your face to compensate for the life you won't have. There work life balance is terrible. But it could just be me .

Pros

Some managers are very compassionate

Cons

Hr has a poor program for helping employees with anything

I just work there

You come in and just do your job . They will leave you alone ! You keep your mouth shut you get a paycheck and benefits . It’s that simple . Welcome to the world of working

Pros

A paycheck

Cons

Many things

Great Management Team

Great working environment and management team. Lots of room to grow and find your strengths. Plenty of opportunities to advance your career and travel if desired.

Productive and enjoyable

People are easy to work with. Good Team environment. When problems arise you are given ways to find a solution, without feeling completely sunk. Minimal finger pointing.

Pros

Good Benefits

Cons

Short overtime notice.

Always liked my job here

Currently here as a CNC machinist. The company has always treated me well. While previous coworkers I have had will say otherwise, I have always enjoyed my job here. The work isn't challenging, I have great coworkers, the benefits are good as well. They were also willing to switch me over to the weekend shift so I can continue my education! If you work hard, the company will treat you well.

Pros

Coworkers are like family, great benefits, temp to hire, good pay

Cons

Work- life balance could be better

Official response from SIG SAUER, Inc.

May 24, 2021
Thank you for your positive review. While SIG SAUER appreciates all reviews regarding our company, both positive and negative, we are especially pleased to know that you have had a good work experience. We appreciate the time you took to give us this feedback.

Awesome company!!

Though a short 2.5 years in sales, The travel was demanding at times but in the end it was rewarding. I strongly recommend this company for anyone who has a strong, creative and motivated work ethic.

Pros

Its sig sauer!

Cons

If I had one con it was travel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SIG SAUER, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• SIG SAUER, Inc.