Singapore Airlines

Singapore Airlines Employee Reviews

Good
I like working there as it is fun. I get to travel around the world as well. The salary was not too bad, it is enough to cover my daily expenses. I have learned about teamwork and working efficiently.
Fun, carefree career.
A career that allows one to travel worldwide and great exposure to different cultures. Wholesome experience and you determine how you want to make the most out of it.
Pros
Exposure to various cultures.
Cons
Odd hours.
Working with people
Working with passengers all over the world, crews from Malaysia, Thailand, Japan, Korea, Indonesia, China and Taiwan is part of my job. This can be pretty challenging yet fun at the same time. Only if you have a outgoing personality, then you will be able to enjoy and love this job.
Great experienced
Experienced different kind of cultures.
Managed to know passengers with different kind of feelings towards the flights.

It is also most importantly about the Flight Safety.
professional and excellence working environment
Very professional organization. Enable me to pick up new skills throughout my service at Singapore Airlines. A good, proper and positive working environment.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to be able to meet people from all walks of life. Every day is a learning day for me.

The company strongly encourage and promoting work-life balance which is a very important factor.
Payment was good
I was satisfied with payment. No jobs can offer that much salary on your first year of working. You must be mentally and physically strong to work as canin crew.
Difficult Work Culture
Alot of Pros to working in SIA, such as traveling, Good pay, Some nice crew. However there are some difficult people to work with and difficult customers as well. The night shifts are tough on the body (mostly night shifts) and the hours can be long. Workplace culture is such that seniority is taken very seriously and there can be quite abit of bullying
All around job
Being a flight attendant lets you learn many things, from first aid, to saving lives, to how to deal with difficult passengers. On top of that even customer service.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Singapore Airlines?
Productive Environment
Singapore Airline is a productive environment to work in. Management knows how to delegate satff the work load. Though at times the job can be time sensitive, it is an overall condusive environment to work in.
It's a very good company to work with.
If u wana have good experience and excel in working with multinational company Singapore I airline is a good start. Great working experience, good management team
Exciting and Eye opening
Learning new cultures and different walks of life of people from all over the world was very exciting. Being able to explore the world and you work to travel is amazing. However, some crew are quite difficult to work/please at times and even passengers too, which is part and parcel of working in the customer service industry
Very Professional
Highly organized, procedural, and professional organization with a lot of scope for initiative. Equipment is the best and management is supportive of staff who act in the company's best interest.
Great experience
Structured management.
- Ensure all are treated fairly

Interesting day at work.

- Every flight is a different flight to expect

Workplace Culture.

- Diversity

- Hierarchy
A fun job
Not a glamorous job like many people think, but it can be fun once you get used to the culture. I do not condone the strong hierarchical culture but there are still nice people that you work with.
Corporate
Job could be fast pace and very physical
Need to maintain healthy lifestyle to prolong the career but sometimes

it does not permit due to body clock system, diet, ample rest and etc

Management will be management and union will try to negotiate for betterment like any other companies

Workplace culture is uniformed hierarchy and sometimes could be fun and sometimes not so fun and stressful

The hardest part of the job is staying healthy, staying awake at odd hours and sleeping pattern

The most enjoyable part is out port stay and meeting new people and new places most of the time
Great company
Great company culture and people, however it does have lower salary ranges and minimal staff benefits. Still worth considering if that is not a concern!
Workplace
Fun Co-Workers to work with, they have the patience to teach and impart their skills/knowledge to the next generation. However management wise is bad , has no direction to where they are heading. Wrong people for the wrong job
Life as a (SQ) stewardess
My experience in singapore airlines was golden. It was tough then back in the 90s as I was fresh from school with no working experience. Getting into it was 3 interviews and training was 10 weeks. and hence I went thru lots of peaks and Valleys.
Pros
Toughen me up, i learnt the Knicks and knacks of life, i travelled half the globe. I love my job, I really like meeting people.
Cons
Culture was unhealthy. Company does not recognises individual, therefore high turnover rate. If only SIA recognises individuals as asset to the company, Airline wud be more successful. Employee benefit is very lacking.
It's a very competitive workplace
Over the 20 years I have worked there, I have learnt many valuable life lessons. There were episodes that taught me the importance of team building, networking and collaboration.
professionalism and Hardwork
Singapore airline job was like my dream come true moments.
have learned to provide professional approach towards the customers problems and queries.
SIA is one of the leading airlines in the global aviation industry and has been a consistent performer over many decades. It has been able to excel as a market leader, despite the extremely competitive environment. It is a great place to work as it provides diverse opportunities from front-line to backroom including overseas management exposure.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Singapore Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.