Singapore Airlines

Singapore Airlines Employee Reviews

Good learning experience

Good learning experience Meet people with different cultures and walk of life. Learn to be calm at any situations, have to be good with product, software and hardware of SIA.

Toxic work environment caused by a singular profits focus and total disregard for employees.

Avoid working there as an expat as you are under 24/7 scrutiny from the company and the government. It is a very typical “look for someone doing something wrong” approach in the country and thus in the company culture. A feeling of zero freedoms and “bet your job” 24/7. Too bad because the common people are wonderful and the country is amazing if you like all fluff and no substance, however the beauty of Singapore is unmatched any where in the world that I have been.

Comfortable place with work life balance but no progression

very rigid in its policies and way of work, good if you are working for work life balance and do not have much career progression goals. good place if you want to focus on other areas of your life, but bear in mind the policies are quite rigid. not sure if they have changed their way of management in the current environment of uncertainty and covid

Singapore Airline Flight Attendant

If u love traveling, This is definitely the job you want. Singapore Airlines is one of the if not top three airlines in the world. If you enjoy customer service this is where you want to learn.

Singapore Airline a great place to work

A lot of work experience given to new staff and elder staff are happy to teach and guide new staffWe work like a big family We enjoy together as a team

Pros

Salary ok and good bonus

Cons

No comment

Great place to work in once you have adapted to the corporate culture

It has been a marvelous journey working for this company. It always strive to be the best in whatever it does as it’s aim is to be the best in the industry. Hence, it expects its staff to perform to their highest level.

Pros

Opportunities for travel.

Good benefits

Benefits are good, well paid, and free tickets for the family on an annual basis. Union is strong. Reputable company and most of the staff have a sense of pride working there. However the hours are long as there is never ending work and projects.

Pros

Free flight tickets

Cons

A good starting place for freshie but not for experienced

good exposure on hiw an Airline runs. There are many areas of learning and it is a good place for freshie. however, I do not recommend experience worker (> 2 years to join) to join as the pay out there is better.benefits are wonderful (non pandemics period) but is very volatile ( bonus depends heavily on the travel market).

Pros

good benefits

Cons

bosses can be demanding during non working hours

Productive and fun place

The job work balance good cause I have been learning to maintain old and new aircraft fleets .Benefits are free medical and tickets . Work shifts and allowance good .

Pros

Free ticket

SQ is the Best airline in the World

It was my dream job.. To travel around the world and to stay in 5 star hotel, great management and great incentives. Highly commendable, very proud indeed! Always kept to high standards and Sq have been the been the best airline for many years.We have great customer relation skills.Great team to work with and with the best training and best trainers. Detail orientated.

Pros

Always kept to the high standards

Cons

Nothing but the best experience

Jobs at Singapore Airlines

See more jobs

Fun workplace

This company gives alot of training to their staffs. Working on board at a very fast pace. We Work hard first and enjoy later. Safety of crew is always their priority.

Productive and fun. Rewarding job with good benefits and career advancement.

A very good company to work with. Able to work with multi-nationalities crew. Stable job and with good benefits and welfare of employees are always well taken care of. Definitely good for those who enjoy travelling and love meeting people.

Pros

Free travel around the world

Cons

Standby duties

Staff welfare

They have clearly show that they are the leading carrier by training and grooming staffs from scratch. They value their staffs and are constantly improving to give greater experience to customer.

Pros

Free travel

Cons

Na

Enjoyable workplace

Overall being a cabin crew member had gave me lots of problem solving experiences, communication skills and people interaction skills. It has built up my confidence level and approach towards life to be more meaningful.

Pros

own free time

Cons

aviation industry hit by outside market forces

Workplace culture

Work culture here is very good and staffs are very cooperative and friendly. It feels like home away from home. Singapore airlines engineering company has given me a great opportunity to learn new things upto international standards and explore my talent and update myself.

Interesting and dependent on individual

The culture is hierarchichal and demanding. However, if you get the hang of things, such as knowing what to say, do and be in uniform, I think you will enjoy this job thoroughly. Also, this job gives you time to think about your life. Compared to a 9 to 5, you do have more time on your own in Singapore or in a foreign land. A lot of time to learn about yourself.

Pros

The salary is good

Cons

The work hours is erratic, the relationships are fast paced

the best journey of my life

I have learnt a lot from Singapore Airlines, really thankful for giving me this opportunities to gain knowledge and experiences, and meet so many different peoples. Is the best place ever that taught me to be more confident, read minds, and step out of my comfort zone and explore more about myself. Although this journey are shorter than I expected, but definitely is the most beautiful memories ever.

A Great Way to Fly and a Great Place to Work.

Singapore Airlines is a great employer, focused on employee welfare as well as customer service and retention. The working environment is one which encourages constant up upgrading and developing a good working culture.

Pleasant

-Ensuring passengers' safety and requests are met. - People management (colleagues and passengers) -Hierachy. -Timing. -Lifestyle, meeting people and the countries.

Adventurous

If you like meeting new colleague and customer every flight, this is a good job for you. You will become very adaptable and heightened your sense of security, it will be an eye-opening job since you always travel around and learn new culture in countries that SQ fly to. The culture itself is very independent, you are responsible on your own growth in the company. If you want to get the compliment, you need to work hard and give exra

Reputable Company

Reputable company with vast resources Fast paced and always striving to be the best airlines Provides staff with ample opportunities to further enhance their work skills

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Singapore Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Singapore Airlines