Singapore Airlines

Singapore Airlines Employee Reviews for Aircraft Maintenance Technician

Aircraft Maintenance Technician10 reviews
Singapore10 reviews
when i was working in singapore airlines i enjoyed because our higher level and superiors are professional interns of work or the task given to us. they respect you even you are new to the work area
I worked everyday doing maintenance checks in operation, such as arrival, transit checks, and departure. Reassigned aircraft bay to another, sometime do stay-over checks and weekly checks. Servicing of an aircraft engine oil, APU and hydraulics, we planned every day in our task and assignments, we must prepare, motivated and must be productive while doing our jobs.
Am very happy that i work for one of the best Airline in the world.its a very nice place to work and helps me to learn alot for making me a better professional.
my review for my company work wise, i have learned a lot different work load every time, but in terms of job security an area that they failed a lot. the company does not give importance to it workforce.
i started my carrer here,best place learn some thing new in maintenence and all,i learned how to work in shifts,i learned how to manage safe work in typical working conditions,and good communication with each other,many races people working here
I performed and practice Non destructive testing methods and boroscope inspection with the aircraft engineers. The hardest part of my job is when there is a bad weather and when the aircraft engine encounters bird strike. The most enjoyable part of my job is when there is less aircraft to be inspected.
i work in under hot sun & raining season also,i learned how to work smart ,management is very good ,nothing is hardest part in job each and every part in job is easy,we work as a team and that is the fun .
Pros
free drinks
Cons
once in a while we do long hours
Trouble shoot on complaints raised by the fighter pilots regarding the aircraft performance. To replace the aircraft engine and test the aircraft for release to the pilot to do an air test.
Pros
Sense of satisfaction after rectifying the flight defects reported by pilots.
Cons
This is Air Force and is subjected to military discipline.
Its a good company to work with passionate co workers and friendly people all around,the pay is quite ok benefits are not so good especially medical and travel beniefits.
SIA Engineering Company's success and growing global operations depend on a team of highly skilled and well-trained professionals. Talented, hardworking and energetic individuals who enjoy working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, thrive on challenges and are willing to learn to keep abreast of the latest in aviation technology.
Pros
courses
Cons
low income
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Singapore Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.
Singapore Airlines Reviews by Location