Singapore Airlines

Singapore Airlines Employee Reviews for Flight Attendant

Flight Attendant87 reviews
Singapore87 reviews
I have learnt a lot from Singapore Airlines, really thankful for giving me this opportunities to gain knowledge and experiences, and meet so many different peoples. Is the best place ever that taught me to be more confident, read minds, and step out of my comfort zone and explore more about myself. Although this journey are shorter than I expected, but definitely is the most beautiful memories ever.
The culture is hierarchichal and demanding. However, if you get the hang of things, such as knowing what to say, do and be in uniform, I think you will enjoy this job thoroughly. Also, this job gives you time to think about your life. Compared to a 9 to 5, you do have more time on your own in Singapore or in a foreign land. A lot of time to learn about yourself.
Pros
The salary is good
Cons
The work hours is erratic, the relationships are fast paced
Singapore Airlines is a great employer, focused on employee welfare as well as customer service and retention. The working environment is one which encourages constant up upgrading and developing a good working culture.
-Ensuring passengers' safety and requests are met.
- People management (colleagues and passengers)

-Hierachy.

-Timing.

-Lifestyle, meeting people and the countries.
If you like meeting new colleague and customer every flight, this is a good job for you. You will become very adaptable and heightened your sense of security, it will be an eye-opening job since you always travel around and learn new culture in countries that SQ fly to.
The culture itself is very independent, you are responsible on your own growth in the company. If you want to get the compliment, you need to work hard and give exra
I am proud to be an ex cabin crew of the famous Singapore Airlines. Trainings were beneficial and gave me an insight of what to expect when I go onboard the aircraft. i met passengers from all walks of life. I enjoy the travelling, meeting many different people, listening to their stories, and appreciate how some senior crews were so selfless in sharing their experiences.
Working in SIA provides me exceptional skills in service excellence, a self-reliant voice, and has trained me with immaculate grooming to hold myself up to confidently face the world with a smile.
Experienced different kind of cultures.
Managed to know passengers with different kind of feelings towards the flights.

It is also most importantly about the Flight Safety.
Very professional organization. Enable me to pick up new skills throughout my service at Singapore Airlines. A good, proper and positive working environment.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to be able to meet people from all walks of life. Every day is a learning day for me.

The company strongly encourage and promoting work-life balance which is a very important factor.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Singapore Airlines?
I was satisfied with payment. No jobs can offer that much salary on your first year of working. You must be mentally and physically strong to work as canin crew.
Being a flight attendant lets you learn many things, from first aid, to saving lives, to how to deal with difficult passengers. On top of that even customer service.
If u wana have good experience and excel in working with multinational company Singapore I airline is a good start. Great working experience, good management team
Learning new cultures and different walks of life of people from all over the world was very exciting. Being able to explore the world and you work to travel is amazing. However, some crew are quite difficult to work/please at times and even passengers too, which is part and parcel of working in the customer service industry
My experience in singapore airlines was golden. It was tough then back in the 90s as I was fresh from school with no working experience. Getting into it was 3 interviews and training was 10 weeks. and hence I went thru lots of peaks and Valleys.
Pros
Toughen me up, i learnt the Knicks and knacks of life, i travelled half the globe. I love my job, I really like meeting people.
Cons
Culture was unhealthy. Company does not recognises individual, therefore high turnover rate. If only SIA recognises individuals as asset to the company, Airline wud be more successful. Employee benefit is very lacking.
It was a fun and enjoyable job for a couple of years, travelling the world and earning money! Without having to bring work home. You do get a little homesick sometimes but overall it was a fun and exciting job.
Singapore Airlines Economy Class, Los Angeles to Singapore via Seoul, Boeing 777-300ER. ... From comfortable seats and attentive service to quality on-demand entertainment with hundreds of movies and TV shows, Singapore Airlines makes flying economy class a pleasurable experience.
The job was a good way to travel and see the world. Being a global airline, there were lots of great destinations and staying at 4-5 star hotels were a big bonus as well. The hard part was adjusting to extreme climates as I can be in 40 celcius Dubai desert to -10 in Russia the next week. The off hours also takes a toll on the body.
Good experience to learn about different culture and how to deal with people from all over the world. While having the benefit of travelling on the side.
Good company to get attached to. Nevertheless not a perfect job due company is situated at Changi when I am located in the north west area. Would recommend others.
It is always a pleasure working for Singapore Airlines. I experience a new found love to serve people from all walks of life, embracing new cultures as we learn to communicate with different types of people and still provide the best service to make them feel
comfortable.

There are some days that the passengers can be demanding but with patience and grace, we learn to settle such situation calmly and in a timely manner.

The most enjoyable moments is when you are able to immerse yourself in the energy of the destinations, with your colleagues and feel less homesick!
Pros
Able to travel to the destination of your choice
Cons
Missing out on important Family events
It was a challenging work environment, in terms of the job culture and seniority. I felt that my potential was never met. After 6 months I felt unchallenged and the job was not making me any happier. I was doing the same thing day in and day out.
Pros
Great benefits, Dentist and Medical. 6th Month Bonus
Cons
Long Hours. Seniority. Poor Work Ethic and motivation from Management