Singapore Airlines

Singapore Airlines Employee Reviews for Flight Stewardess

Flight Stewardess14 reviews
Singapore14 reviews
You learn a lot on and out of the job which is really rare. You get a good work life balance and you're exposed to the different cultures and understand the different behaviours of different nationalities. It exposes you to more than just your desk.
Pros
You get to travel
Cons
Takes a toll on your mental health
Singapore Airlines is one of the best companies anyone can ever work in! It nurtures its employees to be constantly current and valid in the ever changing world. It has a very good balance of work and play with the many activities one can invest his / her time on and its unique culture will always be deep embedded in their employees even after they have left. Singapore Airlines has the capacity to provenly produce high quality workers.
Working with passengers all over the world, crews from Malaysia, Thailand, Japan, Korea, Indonesia, China and Taiwan is part of my job. This can be pretty challenging yet fun at the same time. Only if you have a outgoing personality, then you will be able to enjoy and love this job.
Structured management.
- Ensure all are treated fairly

Interesting day at work.

- Every flight is a different flight to expect

Workplace Culture.

- Diversity

- Hierarchy
Not a glamorous job like many people think, but it can be fun once you get used to the culture. I do not condone the strong hierarchical culture but there are still nice people that you work with.
I was a Cabin Crew back then in 2001. I loved meeting people. Definitely Singapore Airlines trained me up to be one. I loved my experience with Singapore Airlines and would like to work there again. Thank You.
The job requires you to meet new people all the time whether colleagues or passengers. Learn to develop problem-solving and people management skills. Challenging with the fast-paced and dynamic environment to keep up the service standard and cope with unexpected situations. The pay is good compared to other entry jobs but work/life balance is not great at all. You can't plan ahead much or request your annual leave without being lucky or exchanging your roster with other crew with negotiation. Of course, the company does not allow that but it is off the book and it is well practice within the company. The more you need that off day, the more you need to pay. I am sick that they did not give me the requested annual leave for my 2 weddings as it was held in 2 countries. The management and the HR do not care or try to be understanding at all of what we need and care. They only expect us to please their customers and go all the extra miles but never really accommodate or listen to our needs.
Pros
Travel perks, good benefits
Cons
Long hours, no work/life balance, no career progression
It is a very challenging environment when you are working with Singapore Airlines but i have gained lots of experience about the Customer Service mostly, especially something that you will need it in every work place. Stressful, fast pace, in the end of the day, you will pat your back that you are the best of all since you learn how to be patient, professional, and a lot more especially you can get to fly of first class Airline carrier in the world and enjoy the off time out side of the country. Missed that moment, don't mind to come back to work with if they have opening for US locations.
Very understanding and friendly passengers, Nice uniform, I got to experience a lot of different cultures and live like the locals when I'm overseas. Grew up a lot at this job and gained a lot of independence at a young age.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Crew Attitude
Difference everyday depend on your colleagues
Soft skills and customer related skills

Seniority and respect

Unhealthy lifestyle and body clock messed up

Traveling
Reporting for work early to understand what the leaders expect to achieve during the flight.Providing excellent service to passengers and ensuring safety and security.

I have learned to be able to make use of limited space and resources.

The Company organizes meetings for the crew to meet the management team

The hardest part of the job would probably be getting the body be used to the different timezones.

The most enjoyable part will be meeting different people and knowing about other cultured when I am travelling
Pros
Able to travel and be exposed to different cultures
Cons
Unable to balance work and life properly
A career with Singapore Airlines is like no other. You get to travel to different countries every other day, enjoy different seasons and cultures. The journey to these countries are not easy though. Duty time can be as long as 16-19 hours from the time we reach airport till our destination. But I enjoyed my job flying as I am passionate about customer service.
Pros
Free Travel
Cons
Long Hours
A busy flying schedule around the world. This job gives me a better knowledge of understanding people's behaviour and cultural by Meeting people from different countries.
Handling difficult passengers will be one of the toughest challenge to overcome.
Pros
free travel opportunity
Cons
slow in career advancement
Having the opportunity to work with an airline of which standard of service is not compromised therefore I consistently put on my ever ready smile with a good sense of self presentation. Being a cabin crew with SQ is every girls' dream. There's quite a fair bit of seniority concern therefore I put in consistent effort to do my job with passion and a humble attitude.
Pros
Free flights
Cons
Low basic salary
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Singapore Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.
Singapore Airlines Reviews by Location