Singapore Airlines

Singapore Airlines Salary & Benefits reviews

Singapore215 reviews
Benefits and experience are very good.
At the end of the day, one will become a

polished, patient and well groomed person.. one gets to travel and get paid at the same time.
Pros
Travel as you earn
Cons
Once in a while you meet a nasty passenger and you jus feel like blowing up!
If you like being able to bring your family on a trip overseas once a year then this company is for you. Medical benefits are good and work life balance is also great.
A company which cares, a lot for his employer. Offers you lots of opportunity to develop and improve ones qualities Gives you support through your career with them.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
I like working there as it is fun. I get to travel around the world as well. The salary was not too bad, it is enough to cover my daily expenses. I have learned about teamwork and working efficiently.
I was satisfied with payment. No jobs can offer that much salary on your first year of working. You must be mentally and physically strong to work as canin crew.
Alot of Pros to working in SIA, such as traveling, Good pay, Some nice crew. However there are some difficult people to work with and difficult customers as well. The night shifts are tough on the body (mostly night shifts) and the hours can be long. Workplace culture is such that seniority is taken very seriously and there can be quite abit of bullying
Great company culture and people, however it does have lower salary ranges and minimal staff benefits. Still worth considering if that is not a concern!
The job requires you to meet new people all the time whether colleagues or passengers. Learn to develop problem-solving and people management skills. Challenging with the fast-paced and dynamic environment to keep up the service standard and cope with unexpected situations. The pay is good compared to other entry jobs but work/life balance is not great at all. You can't plan ahead much or request your annual leave without being lucky or exchanging your roster with other crew with negotiation. Of course, the company does not allow that but it is off the book and it is well practice within the company. The more you need that off day, the more you need to pay. I am sick that they did not give me the requested annual leave for my 2 weddings as it was held in 2 countries. The management and the HR do not care or try to be understanding at all of what we need and care. They only expect us to please their customers and go all the extra miles but never really accommodate or listen to our needs.
Pros
Travel perks, good benefits
Cons
Long hours, no work/life balance, no career progression
GOOD PLACE TO WORK, Need to improve culture more, Since it airlines. The last year changed a lot. Still, need to improve a lot , Overall if good package, other benefits sub load SIA airlines including Scoot
Company has alot of people which are not working, lazy and causing issues with constant useless complaints. Poor management of head of departments which some of them does not turn up for work, poor foresight of advancement for staff and department.

Company lacks technology and cost cutting is top on the list.

Company offers very low market salary, poor merit increment if you join as a general stuff with no chance of having a same salary benchmark even after you obtain a degree and promoted to an executive.

Benefits are factored into salaries which means lower salary.
Colleagues are generally friendly and willing to go out of the way to help. There is a 'family' atmosphere but salary is generally not as competitive as the industry standards but is compensated by free annual air ticket.
1. flexi working hours
2. learn to communicate with various characters of human beings
3. management structure

4. hardest part in working environment when launches new products with less instruction provided to staff
Pros
good environment
Cons
It was a challenging work environment, in terms of the job culture and seniority. I felt that my potential was never met. After 6 months I felt unchallenged and the job was not making me any happier. I was doing the same thing day in and day out.
Pros
Great benefits, Dentist and Medical. 6th Month Bonus
Cons
Long Hours. Seniority. Poor Work Ethic and motivation from Management
Amazing colleagues met who has taught me on the job skills as well as the culture of the company. It was an excellent experience which has brought me to places that I am privileged to have travelled to.
Pros
Travel benefits
Cons
Family-like work culture at the working level. Okay benefits - free air tickets for you and your spouse + children. Pay should be at mean/median level, but generally does not go above market rate.
Job scope mainly covers serving passengers and ensuring their safety on flight. As you work with different set of crew on each flight, you'd learn to adapt. Communication skills will be tested. Pretty hierarchical culture where juniors have to suck up to seniors sometimes. Hardest part of the job is having to adjust to different timezones and being away from home most of the time. You can't really choose your roster and may miss many important occasions back home. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to travel to different places and enjoying the albeit short offdays outstation. Moreover, you'd be earning a really decent salary.
Pros
Travel opportunity, Good Salary
Cons
Hierarchical culture, Away from home, Limited progression
pros:
travel around the world

absolute free afterwork

good employees' benefit

cons:

irregular working hours

working environment high dependent on the crew you work with
I love getting to do something different every day, no day is ever the same! Your destinations, the guests you meet, the weather conditions you experience, the crew you’re working with, etc. You never know what’s going to happen and that’s part of the fun.

What I dislike would probably have to be the salary, being a flight attendant will not make you rich – but it’s a very rewarding job regardless.
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Being away from family during festive season
Made me the person i am today, having travelled the world, learnt a lot of the different cultures. I have a strong background of customer care.Versatile in working environment able to work with different culture and people.
Pros
Free travels and good health care benefits
Cons
Time away during the festive period
Enjoyed with the jobs assigned to me; Every company, SIA included gave me the opportunity to learn new things that developed me further to be a better individual. Management is very good; work area is safe and in good working condition. Job assignment is ok but you just have to learn to mingle with the other nationalities. Pay is good that I was able to provide financial stability for my family.
Pros
Good accommodation
Cons
Contract only so no healthcare benefits
Generally a good company to be in as the leaders are forward looking and doing their best to steer a huge ship amidst a storm. The SQ culture is also unique with good colleagues and support from leaders. The only downside is the generally poor compensation package in terms of salary. Not sure how benchmarking is done but the company needs to go beyond the attitude of "we are one of the biggest employers in Singapore, if you don't like it, somebody else can always take your place".
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Singapore Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.