Singapore Airlines
Singapore Airlines Employee Review

Lifestyle and salary is great but no work/life balance

October 13, 2019
The job requires you to meet new people all the time whether colleagues or passengers. Learn to develop problem-solving and people management skills. Challenging with the fast-paced and dynamic environment to keep up the service standard and cope with unexpected situations. The pay is good compared to other entry jobs but work/life balance is not great at all. You can't plan ahead much or request your annual leave without being lucky or exchanging your roster with other crew with negotiation. Of course, the company does not allow that but it is off the book and it is well practice within the company. The more you need that off day, the more you need to pay. I am sick that they did not give me the requested annual leave for my 2 weddings as it was held in 2 countries. The management and the HR do not care or try to be understanding at all of what we need and care. They only expect us to please their customers and go all the extra miles but never really accommodate or listen to our needs.
Pros
Travel perks, good benefits
Cons
Long hours, no work/life balance, no career progression
August 10, 2020
Same roleSame location
Leading Stewardess (Current Employee) - Singapore
Reputable company with vast resources
Fast paced and always striving to be the best airlines

Provides staff with ample opportunities to further enhance their work skills
May 10, 2020
Same roleSame location
Flight Stewardess (Current Employee) - Singapore
You learn a lot on and out of the job which is really rare. You get a good work life balance and you're exposed to the different cultures and understand the different behaviours of different nationalities. It exposes you to more than just your desk.
Pros
You get to travel
Cons
Takes a toll on your mental health
April 21, 2017
Same location
Flight Attendant (Former Employee) - Singapore, SG
It was a very productive 10 years of experience with lots of opportunity to develop additional skill set. In Singapore Airlines, I have acquired a good ability in managing customer profiles of all sorts as they are literally from all around the world. I have developed through this job, a skill for identifying very individualistic needs depending on every individual background and origin of preference. The working culture is sometimes long and strenuous but it aims to maximize every aspect of productivity in an individual. I admit that it can sometimes be very challenging but at the end of the obstacle lies a very fulfilling outcome and progression.

- The colleagues are an extremely social and interactive bunch of cohort. They place a big emphasis on teamwork and camaraderie.

- The management mean business. They set high goals for everyone to constantly push us to achieve greater heights at all times. At the end of the day it was company that is very positive and focus at all times on productivity.
Pros
Free travel around the world, extra annual holidays, meals, laundry, transport and accomodation provided.
Cons
Work on weekends and public holidays.