Singapore Airlines

Singapore Airlines Employee Reviews

Singapore215 reviews
Benefits and experience are very good.
At the end of the day, one will become a

polished, patient and well groomed person.. one gets to travel and get paid at the same time.
Pros
Travel as you earn
Cons
Once in a while you meet a nasty passenger and you jus feel like blowing up!
Great company culture and people, however it does have lower salary ranges and minimal staff benefits. Still worth considering if that is not a concern!
Fun Co-Workers to work with, they have the patience to teach and impart their skills/knowledge to the next generation. However management wise is bad , has no direction to where they are heading. Wrong people for the wrong job
My experience in singapore airlines was golden. It was tough then back in the 90s as I was fresh from school with no working experience. Getting into it was 3 interviews and training was 10 weeks. and hence I went thru lots of peaks and Valleys.
Pros
Toughen me up, i learnt the Knicks and knacks of life, i travelled half the globe. I love my job, I really like meeting people.
Cons
Culture was unhealthy. Company does not recognises individual, therefore high turnover rate. If only SIA recognises individuals as asset to the company, Airline wud be more successful. Employee benefit is very lacking.
Over the 20 years I have worked there, I have learnt many valuable life lessons. There were episodes that taught me the importance of team building, networking and collaboration.
Singapore airline job was like my dream come true moments.
have learned to provide professional approach towards the customers problems and queries.
SIA is one of the leading airlines in the global aviation industry and has been a consistent performer over many decades. It has been able to excel as a market leader, despite the extremely competitive environment. It is a great place to work as it provides diverse opportunities from front-line to backroom including overseas management exposure.
It was a fun and enjoyable job for a couple of years, travelling the world and earning money! Without having to bring work home. You do get a little homesick sometimes but overall it was a fun and exciting job.
I was a Cabin Crew back then in 2001. I loved meeting people. Definitely Singapore Airlines trained me up to be one. I loved my experience with Singapore Airlines and would like to work there again. Thank You.
It was a great opportunity to be a part of one of the best airline in the world. Donning the uniform brings a certain pride, and transform each and everyone of us to be a gracious host.
Service is what we deliver best, second to our priority: safety.

Always go beyond to delight passengers

Negotiation and problem solving is part of the job

Most of the crew are fun and outgoing people and we will miss each other after every flight

Suitable for people who's easygoing and love to meet people
The job requires you to meet new people all the time whether colleagues or passengers. Learn to develop problem-solving and people management skills. Challenging with the fast-paced and dynamic environment to keep up the service standard and cope with unexpected situations. The pay is good compared to other entry jobs but work/life balance is not great at all. You can't plan ahead much or request your annual leave without being lucky or exchanging your roster with other crew with negotiation. Of course, the company does not allow that but it is off the book and it is well practice within the company. The more you need that off day, the more you need to pay. I am sick that they did not give me the requested annual leave for my 2 weddings as it was held in 2 countries. The management and the HR do not care or try to be understanding at all of what we need and care. They only expect us to please their customers and go all the extra miles but never really accommodate or listen to our needs.
Pros
Travel perks, good benefits
Cons
Long hours, no work/life balance, no career progression
GOOD PLACE TO WORK, Need to improve culture more, Since it airlines. The last year changed a lot. Still, need to improve a lot , Overall if good package, other benefits sub load SIA airlines including Scoot
Managed to gain a lot of experiences from this company throughout almost four years . Really grateful to get to be a part of it and to get to see the world & not to forget to get to learn people’s culture.
Every working day is a fruitful day. Learnt how to make impossible become possible with limited resources. The essence of teamwork. Always get to learn new things every other day.
Singapore Airlines Economy Class, Los Angeles to Singapore via Seoul, Boeing 777-300ER. ... From comfortable seats and attentive service to quality on-demand entertainment with hundreds of movies and TV shows, Singapore Airlines makes flying economy class a pleasurable experience.
It is a very challenging environment when you are working with Singapore Airlines but i have gained lots of experience about the Customer Service mostly, especially something that you will need it in every work place. Stressful, fast pace, in the end of the day, you will pat your back that you are the best of all since you learn how to be patient, professional, and a lot more especially you can get to fly of first class Airline carrier in the world and enjoy the off time out side of the country. Missed that moment, don't mind to come back to work with if they have opening for US locations.
Sometimes guest Alredy booked tickets and forget to assign seat. The time checking in guest will start arguing about the seat and everything.. Not easy to handle guest with temper.. Patient need more
Company has alot of people which are not working, lazy and causing issues with constant useless complaints. Poor management of head of departments which some of them does not turn up for work, poor foresight of advancement for staff and department.

Company lacks technology and cost cutting is top on the list.

Company offers very low market salary, poor merit increment if you join as a general stuff with no chance of having a same salary benchmark even after you obtain a degree and promoted to an executive.

Benefits are factored into salaries which means lower salary.
Singapore Airlines is a reputable and good company
It encouraged staff to excelled and upgrade by rostering them for courses .It look into staff well being and welfare.There is always open communication between staff and management.
Pros
During special occasions F&b will be served
Cons
Working hours are confirmed with Air safety and regulation.
The job was a good way to travel and see the world. Being a global airline, there were lots of great destinations and staying at 4-5 star hotels were a big bonus as well. The hard part was adjusting to extreme climates as I can be in 40 celcius Dubai desert to -10 in Russia the next week. The off hours also takes a toll on the body.
Colleagues are generally friendly and willing to go out of the way to help. There is a 'family' atmosphere but salary is generally not as competitive as the industry standards but is compensated by free annual air ticket.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Singapore Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.