Singapore Airlines

Singapore Airlines Employee Reviews

Singapore223 reviews
I have learnt a lot from Singapore Airlines, really thankful for giving me this opportunities to gain knowledge and experiences, and meet so many different peoples. Is the best place ever that taught me to be more confident, read minds, and step out of my comfort zone and explore more about myself. Although this journey are shorter than I expected, but definitely is the most beautiful memories ever.
Every working day is a fruitful day. Learnt how to make impossible become possible with limited resources. The essence of teamwork. Always get to learn new things every other day.
Singapore Airlines Economy Class, Los Angeles to Singapore via Seoul, Boeing 777-300ER. ... From comfortable seats and attentive service to quality on-demand entertainment with hundreds of movies and TV shows, Singapore Airlines makes flying economy class a pleasurable experience.
It is a very challenging environment when you are working with Singapore Airlines but i have gained lots of experience about the Customer Service mostly, especially something that you will need it in every work place. Stressful, fast pace, in the end of the day, you will pat your back that you are the best of all since you learn how to be patient, professional, and a lot more especially you can get to fly of first class Airline carrier in the world and enjoy the off time out side of the country. Missed that moment, don't mind to come back to work with if they have opening for US locations.
Sometimes guest Alredy booked tickets and forget to assign seat. The time checking in guest will start arguing about the seat and everything.. Not easy to handle guest with temper.. Patient need more
Company has alot of people which are not working, lazy and causing issues with constant useless complaints. Poor management of head of departments which some of them does not turn up for work, poor foresight of advancement for staff and department.

Company lacks technology and cost cutting is top on the list.

Company offers very low market salary, poor merit increment if you join as a general stuff with no chance of having a same salary benchmark even after you obtain a degree and promoted to an executive.

Benefits are factored into salaries which means lower salary.
Singapore Airlines is a reputable and good company
It encouraged staff to excelled and upgrade by rostering them for courses .It look into staff well being and welfare.There is always open communication between staff and management.
Pros
During special occasions F&b will be served
Cons
Working hours are confirmed with Air safety and regulation.
The job was a good way to travel and see the world. Being a global airline, there were lots of great destinations and staying at 4-5 star hotels were a big bonus as well. The hard part was adjusting to extreme climates as I can be in 40 celcius Dubai desert to -10 in Russia the next week. The off hours also takes a toll on the body.
Colleagues are generally friendly and willing to go out of the way to help. There is a 'family' atmosphere but salary is generally not as competitive as the industry standards but is compensated by free annual air ticket.
Good experience to learn about different culture and how to deal with people from all over the world. While having the benefit of travelling on the side.
Good company to get attached to. Nevertheless not a perfect job due company is situated at Changi when I am located in the north west area. Would recommend others.
Very understanding and friendly passengers, Nice uniform, I got to experience a lot of different cultures and live like the locals when I'm overseas. Grew up a lot at this job and gained a lot of independence at a young age.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Crew Attitude
It is always a pleasure working for Singapore Airlines. I experience a new found love to serve people from all walks of life, embracing new cultures as we learn to communicate with different types of people and still provide the best service to make them feel
comfortable.

There are some days that the passengers can be demanding but with patience and grace, we learn to settle such situation calmly and in a timely manner.

The most enjoyable moments is when you are able to immerse yourself in the energy of the destinations, with your colleagues and feel less homesick!
Pros
Able to travel to the destination of your choice
Cons
Missing out on important Family events
I worked everyday doing maintenance checks in operation, such as arrival, transit checks, and departure. Reassigned aircraft bay to another, sometime do stay-over checks and weekly checks. Servicing of an aircraft engine oil, APU and hydraulics, we planned every day in our task and assignments, we must prepare, motivated and must be productive while doing our jobs.
Only way to get promoted is to have zero MC's and by soliciting for compliments from senior colleagues and passengers. Expected to contribute to events/clubs during off days.
SIA is a great company with a solid track record in awards and passenger satisfaction. SIA cancelled all the Expat contracts which forced us to relocate
Pros
Great network, great fleet
Cons
Cost of living too high
Fun work place at my birth country in the International airport in Sri Lanka. One of the best Airlines, small group of staff and one flight a day! Learned to supervise handling agents
1. flexi working hours
2. learn to communicate with various characters of human beings

3. management structure

4. hardest part in working environment when launches new products with less instruction provided to staff
Pros
good environment
Balance work hours.
New things on Aircraft Operations.

Good Management with many years of experience.

Work Culture was fair

Meeting deadlines and schedule

Always learning new things.
It was a challenging work environment, in terms of the job culture and seniority. I felt that my potential was never met. After 6 months I felt unchallenged and the job was not making me any happier. I was doing the same thing day in and day out.
Pros
Great benefits, Dentist and Medical. 6th Month Bonus
Cons
Long Hours. Seniority. Poor Work Ethic and motivation from Management
Work can't get any better if you are travelling and having fun at the same time. Culture is an important part of being in a cabin crew environment! Hardest part of the job is the odd working hours