Singapore Airlines

Singapore Airlines Employee Reviews

Singapore215 reviews
Benefits and experience are very good.
At the end of the day, one will become a

polished, patient and well groomed person.. one gets to travel and get paid at the same time.
Pros
Travel as you earn
Cons
Once in a while you meet a nasty passenger and you jus feel like blowing up!
Work with SIA has been fun and fulfilling to me. I've learned not only customer service, but to excel and do our best in every things we do. Management in SIA has been supportive. Workplace culture in SIA has a hierarchy system which teaches us to be kind especially to our seniors even though they might be younger in age compare to us. The hardest part of this job is adapting to different supervisors working habits and style and the most enjoyable part is able to fly around the world and explore the beautiful part of every country.
A good company to retire to, good benefits and very comfortable. However, progression rate is very slow. Work can be very stagnant and repetitive. Company cutting too much cost to the point, bonuses and staff replacements are affected.
Pros
Excellent work life balance, good staff benefits, excellent canteen
Cons
Stagnant, slow progression rate, company cutting costs so bonuses and replacements are affected, highly discourage to OT.
Good day to all of you who are reading this. I'm a former Singapore airlines stewardess with about six years of experience. During my time in Singapore airlines, I represented the company as an assignment crew in grooming as well as a representative for Shanghai & Beijing's first flight of Singapore airlines A380 aircraft advertisement.
Pros
high allowance, free pick up
Working in Singapore Airlines has many perks and benefits. You get commercial tickets on discounted price as well as a fair and organised management. With the large number of crew count, you get to meet many unique individuals from all walks of life and culture. There is never a dull day at work and always so many exciting surprises and adventures to look forward to!
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Irregular hours
Little to no skills required, only takes a day or two to get used to work environment. Friendly and helpful staff. No stress or worry during entire experience in the job.
Pros
Little work
ensuring passengers get safely from point A to point B
its a stress free lifestyle job

gets to free around the world

body clock and health takes a toll as years goes by
The time in Singapore was not very interesting, but working as a ground crew for such a big airline is a very exciting job. Although the shifting time is very hard, but meeting different people from all over the world was my favorite thing to do. Unfortunately the salary was good enough, that I couldn’t stay working there for long.
Fantastic management team, highly professional work environment and work mates, great CRM on the flight deck, super customer service, great work-life balance, a learning organisation
Pros
Great hotels for crew layovers, lots of opportunities for team learning and self development
Cons
Long hours sometimes necessary to meet deadlines (office work)
It's hard work but the perks are great too. You get to travel to nice destinations and have a day or two to yourself before you fly back.
Overall a positive experience.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Singapore Airlines?
Overall, the company's management of the staff is pretty alright, especially it values the opinion of its staff and do its part in staff retention and staff's personal development. However, workplace culture is pretty traditional which makes it difficult to implement change or openness in the environment.
Pros
Good staff management
Cons
Traditional asian work culture
meet customers form various cultures & nationality that's quite interesting but must be able to stay long hours in an event there's a flight delay
fast pace and always need to be on your toes.
Pros
good environment
Cons
Cabin crew member with one of the best airlines in the world for 2 years. Valuable experience gained in the hospitality and service industry during this time
My Role as a Flight Attendant required me to be responsible in following:
Passengers’ Safety & On Board Hygiene

Personal Passenger management of Economy, Business, First and Suite classes

All Japanese Announcements including Translating Emergency Captain Announcements
Wonderful company with good staff. It is more fun to work with people and deal with people. Hoping to get another job that make me more productive and energetic.
Working for an airlines is fun. One is given the chance to meet different people and at the same time learn their culture.

It also teaches us to be open and build up our people's skill.
Pros
Free travel ticket a year once
The job allows you to work with different people every time.

A typical day at work is coming early for briefing and prep for work. Provide customer service to passengers, bid a fond farewell. Wrap up by clearing up and the day is done.

What I learned is that discipline is very important in any workplace. Team work gets things done. Good leadership motivated workers.

Management is great.

Workplace culture is to be humble to everyone and a genuine gesture goes a long way.

Hardest part of the job is when bickering happens and all the hard work goes down the drain.

Most enjoyable part of the job is when every thing is smooth sailing with great work colleagues.
My 28 years with the SIA Group gave me a good foundation into the Aviation industry.
It offered me many opportunities into various airlines activities .. in Airport Ground Operations activities, Airlines Passenger Operations and Airlines Cargo Operations and Sales & Marketing activities.

With the above foundation and experience, it help me in my next position as Qantas Freight Manager Freight Singapore greatly.
Pros
Good learning ground for Airlines experience
Cons
Slow growth opportunity
A workplace which requires the staff to deal with people of all ages, staff who have been working there for 20-30 years. If you're someone who possesses the ability to change an old culture, this would be the perfect place for you. Dynamic and fast- changing environment.
Pros
5 days work
Cons
High turnover rate
A splendid 5 year flying experience with the best international carrier. No regrets as I get to travel the world and at the same time learn provide first class customer service to passengers from all over the world.
A typical day is unpredictable! You never know what you going to get. This is a place to learn and gain loads of experience. Good place to come if you want to learn.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Singapore Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.