Singapore American School

Singapore American School Salary & Benefits reviews

Singapore26 reviews

Clear
4.4Salary & Benefits

Highly Competitive and fast paced but very well paid and great resources

If you know your stuff as a teacher and are ok to work in a pressure-cooker environment, than you will be paid very well to do so. Benefits include retirement plan, free housing, annual flights home and medical insurance

Pros

great benefits (as listed above) and great teachers

Cons

high paced, some bosses can be bullies and create culture of fear

Fast Paced and Intense, but great education, resources and package

SAS is a highly competitive environment. I feel it is a great school for children; well-resourced and highly qualified teachers. It is a very large school with 4,000 students. I taught art to grades K-5. My own children attend there and I feel they are receiving a top-notch education. The teachers package was competitive and enough to live on in Singapore with Salary, Kids Tuitions paid for, Housing and annual flights home for family.

Good n Fair Bosses

My Supv (Teachers) were fair n reasonable. They were quick in highlighting your contributions n reasonable when dealing with your mistakes. They respect their subordinates. However, the school do not invest in upgrading their Teaching Assts. No relevant upgrading crse for these grp even though you have been there for years.

Great camraderie and access to wonderful facilities.

When I was there, SAS was a highly desired place to work. I thoroughly enjoyed working with others teachers who are inspired to do the best for their students. The salaries and benefits were top notch. And the facilities were outstanding. The school culture was upbeat and friendly. And the students, for the most part, were eager to learn and disciplined. I hated to leave, and I still have teaching buddies and former students with whom I communicate. My time at SAS was a life-changing experience I will treasure forever.

committed and experienced teachers

SAS is always striving to improve. They value their teachers and maintain a close and collaborative community. Teachers are conscientious and leave detailed curriculum and lesson plans Salary is highly competitive

Pros

salary, comfortable and professional workplace

Cons

often work on little to no/same day notice

nice environment

Colorful and Multi-cultural. People there are welcoming and fun loving. Work life balance especially with long summer break. Good benefits which includes medical for family.

Pros

work life balance

Great environment to work in!

SAS is a great place to work in. Great colleagues (mostly), who make you feel comfortable. Working hours are 8 - 4.45. Lunch break is only 45 mins, so not much time to step out for lunch. Dur school holidays, work still continues but it is slightly more relaxed. Unfortunately they are very stingy with remunerations/increments. I would recommend working for SAS if you don't mind the low salary, and i do mean LOW salary.

Pros

great environment, very welcoming and warm community. Great medical and dental benefits. EY Bonus is 1.5x.

Cons

low salary, low increment, little or no prospects for job advancement.

Balanced work hours

Typical day of work from 8:00 am to 4:45 pm learn alot of things... limited advancement. Management is mostly the expatriates. Alot of Directors, then followed by the local staff who are mostly the specialist, assistants and secretaries to do the work Co-workers are nice. Hardest part of the job, alot of people from top management asking the only you to do the job for them... most enjoyable part of the job the children in school and the local staff

Pros

Medical benefits cover the whole family

Cons

limited career advancement and salary increment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Singapore American School. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.6