Singapore Christian Home

Singapore Christian Home Employee Reviews

Singapore9 reviews

2.8Salary & Benefits

Restrictive & Demanding

Management is too restrictive and has unreasonable high demands. Unable to accept cristisms and only works well with staff from own circle of acquaintances. No propects of promotion and all work to be carried as dictated. Very stiffling working environment.

Pros

Free 3 meals

Cons

Restrictive and fear. No trust in staff.

Lowest monthly salary and other things are good

Here monthly salary is very low ,otherwise all work routine and environment is very good. Everyone is very cooperative with each other .I want to move in other more successful countery their I can build my carrier more brightly. Thank u!

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

Lowest pay scale

Stressful and slow promotion

SCH became my platform one way or another despite from disappointments that I had in some ways. I'm still thankful and grateful that I was given a privilege to be a part in the company wherein I rendered my best authentic care to the residents.

exemplary support

great support from management - fast paced. - fast thinker to be able to handle our residents. - communication applied and language spoken is key to create a better collaboration with other peers and juniors

Bad management

Phisically tiring, we are mostly understaffed, they try to deduct bonuses as much as possible. We cant go out of the country for holidays during public holidays and day offs, management is not compassionate on their staffs. I learned how to pe patient and hardworking in this company but at the same time, it came up to my knowledge that unfair treatment on foreign workers also does happens a lot in singapore

Pros

Accomodation is free

Cons

Poor management

productive workplace

Typical day at work is quite busy. Morning shift should bath all the residents thru commode and some are long trolley. I've learned how to handle different kinds of old patients behaviour. Management for me is not good because they don't know how to take care of their staffs. Workplace culture was okay because the facilities were good. For me, this job is a simple one but you will be physically tired because of lifting and carrying a lot of patients.

Pros

we have free meal for breakfast, lunch, dinner and even night duty

memorable work place though experience is very tough

company doesnt have a good benefits for us health and etc mainly we dont have any life and health insurances, though i enjoy working there for 3 years with my funny colleagues and heads

Pros

free food and house allowances

Cons

no benefits health insurance and etc

Organize and Happy environment

It was very interesting to care our residents. We treat them as a family. We give them our tender loving care. We make them smile all day, we talk to them as they will not get bored. We play with our residents just like a kid. To my workmates and colleagues, I've learned a lot of things from them I become more strong as im away from home. As a team we have teamwork, understand each other and most of all treat each other as brother and sisters. I could say that the hardest part of our routine is that lifting and transfering our residents that might cause back pain, shoulder pain etc. And when they become restless they might hurt u. But its okay because its a part of our job and I am dedicated to take care of our residents. We manage to give the quality care they needed.

Pros

Free accomodation, breakfast, lunch, and dinner

Cons

Overtime

Teamwork

A place wherein lots of new things upon nursing can come up, especially when dealing about having more patience in handling elderly. Everyday experience in nursing home is not always a typical ones.Each day, new challenges may come that makes me develop my skills in taking care of my patients.I am very proud also to have my very supportive team with me, we are always working as a team, making me more motivated despite of the hardships i may encounter in my everyday life in nursing home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Singapore Christian Home. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Singapore Christian Home with