Singapore General Hospital
Singapore General Hospital Employee Review

great experience

February 28, 2017
- Acute setting In-charge Nurse, patient care management to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care for patients specially with Renal condition and undergoing Renal replacement therapy with collaboration with other medical profession. Rotated in a Multidisciplinary area including Medical, Surgical, and Rehabilitation ward as a competent charge Nurse.
Performed variety of procedure, medication administration, IV therapy, and monitor patient progress. Develop discharge plan and maintain charts and documentation. Provide coordinated & effective nursing care, patient/family health & nutrition education, demonstrate adequate knowledge and skills to supervise junior staff.
November 25, 2019
Same roleSame location
Staff Nurse I (Former Employee) - Singapore
I have working experience for 4 years in medical ward. I'm willing to any kind of discipline. During working period I'm went for course and training. I'm guide students.
July 17, 2019
Same roleSame location
Registered Nurse - Full Time (Former Employee) - Singapore
Due to manpower shortage, nurses are often overworked, which would lead to burn out and increasing medical leave, which creates the continual vicious cycle of manpower shortage.
Pros
job security
Cons
long hours with no overtime pay
December 13, 2018
Same role
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) - Outram
I was able to upgrade myself in SGH as i learned more about the area i’m specialised in, which is Plastic Surgery & Eye. However, when i wanted to upgrade myself further by studying Degree, i was not able to balance my shift work life with my student life as there were days i end work much later than expected.
Pros
Shift work hours
Cons
Tends to work overtime almost everyday.