Singapore General Hospital
Singapore General Hospital Employee Review

productive workplace with good teamwork

April 28, 2014
-sending patients for different types of procedure - I have learnt to work in teams and helping colleagues. - I have also learnt time-management is important with serving medications and attending to patient's needs (eg. attending call bells). - Normal patient workload is 1 RN in-charge and AN to 9 patients - satisfying patients and relatives is hardest part of the job - Bed- side Patient care (eg. dressing to the surgical wound) and anything related to building rapport with my patients are my enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
good staff welfare
Cons
heavy workload.
November 25, 2019
Same roleSame location
Staff Nurse I (Former Employee) - Singapore
I have working experience for 4 years in medical ward. I'm willing to any kind of discipline. During working period I'm went for course and training. I'm guide students.
July 17, 2019
Same roleSame location
Registered Nurse - Full Time (Former Employee) - Singapore
Due to manpower shortage, nurses are often overworked, which would lead to burn out and increasing medical leave, which creates the continual vicious cycle of manpower shortage.
Pros
job security
Cons
long hours with no overtime pay
December 13, 2018
Same role
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) - Outram
I was able to upgrade myself in SGH as i learned more about the area i’m specialised in, which is Plastic Surgery & Eye. However, when i wanted to upgrade myself further by studying Degree, i was not able to balance my shift work life with my student life as there were days i end work much later than expected.
Pros
Shift work hours
Cons
Tends to work overtime almost everyday.